Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KSC 1911 Spring Buckling on Reassembly

:

Doctor's Corner

Old March 9th, 2010, 13:27   #1
aznpos531

KSC 1911 Spring Buckling on Reassembly

So I just got my new KSC 1911 in the mail today. It was used so I tore it down to clean, re-lube and what not. When putting the gun back together, I found that I'm having trouble. When I try to put the spring onto the spring guide and push the recoil spring plug into place, the spring will buckle out of place, pushing the spring guide off the barrel assembly. Any ideas on what's wrong?

edit: I've switched out the spring for a shorter one that I had and I've been able to reassemble the gun. Haven't tried shooting it yet. I'll update when I've had the chance to shoot it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime View Post
I could never stop going to WalMart. Its the only place I can get good airsoft guns.

Last edited by aznpos531; March 11th, 2010 at 00:48..
aznpos531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2010, 00:36   #2
aznpos531

update: So I got a chance to gas the gun up and fire it and it seems that the recoil spring is now not strong enough to cycle the slide properly. That's an easy fix...I just have to find a spring that's shorter than the stock one but stiffer than the replacement I found.

I also had a chance to disassemble the BBU in this gun (it's the stock KSC BBU). The strange thing is that the BBU doesn't seem to move at all save for the tip of the air nozzle. As I've never worked with KSC GBB's before, I have no idea if this is normal or not. So I have a few questions that I would very much appreciate if someone could answer.
1) Is the KSC BBU supposed to move? The BBU on my KJ M9 moves so the fact that the KSC one doesn't throws me off.
2) Would a TM 1911 BBU fit and/or work in a KSC 1911?
3) Would TM stock/upgrade parts fit and/or work in a KSC 1911?

Another issue I've found is that the valve knocker seems to stay in the forward position after the trigger is pulled causing the mag to dump all the gas. I admit I've yet to search for this on the forum (I know I read about it somewhere) but it's on my mind. I'll go search after I post this and if i find the answer I'll retract this question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime View Post
I could never stop going to WalMart. Its the only place I can get good airsoft guns.
aznpos531 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner