Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

AK 105 Receiver

:

Doctor's Corner

Old February 27th, 2010, 15:35   #1
Ripperman79

AK 105 Receiver

A friend of mine bought this AK-105; http://www.palcosports.com/catalog_p...cfm?prod=12917 it's a relatively nice gun for the price, metal body good rate of fire, overall nice but when i pulled back the Bolt back and let it slide forward a chunk of the Body came off as well as the rod holding the button on the upper receiver on, so the bolt came off a chunk of the body came off and the upper receiver. the upper receiver wont stay on unless the bolt is on , and the bolt wont stay on unless that chunk of the body is back on. SO where can i get a new receiver o what other steps can i take? Thanks Ripperman (also if anyone knows what the type of wood is on a AK-47?)
Ripperman79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2010, 16:44   #2
Drake
E-01

Those guns are rebranded CYMA.

I'm guessing from what you said that the piece of metal that broke is the small part on the lower receiver, forward of the charging handle.

The only place you might find a new receiver is getting AV'd and maybe you can find one in the classifieds or a retailer might be able to get one for you. It's the same CYMA receiver as on the AKS-74U and AKS-74. But honestly, considering how much a new AK-105 will cost you and how much you'll pay just to get a receiver custom ordered, you're better off just buying a new one.

Otherwise you'd have to get an AK74 receiver, which will still cost you almost half of what the gun costs even for the crappiest one (Element), and you'll be limited to a full stock.

Your best bet is probably to try and repair the current body. Use an epoxy to reattach the broken piece. If you don't know how to work with epoxy, take the time to read and learn first. If done properly it'll be hard to tell it was repaired. And then stop letting the bolt fly like it's a real gun, there's no reason for you to be doing that on an airsoft.
Old February 27th, 2010, 22:46   #3
Ripperman79

Slight problem ... The part is missing. Do you think I could possibly weld a diffrent chunk of metal? I think I might bring it to the hual techs or E.M.E.'s for them to take a look at.. Maybe it'll give it a little character
Old February 27th, 2010, 23:32   #4
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripperman79 View Post
Slight problem ... The part is missing. Do you think I could possibly weld a diffrent chunk of metal?
NO! It's physically impossible to weld chinese pot metal. You might be able to braze it with some lower temperature filler metals, but your best off just using epoxy
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 00:54   #5
Drake
E-01

^^ what TC said.

And if you're just gonna attach random car parts and shit, why not just get some epoxy putty (PUTTY, not glue) and make a shape roughly the size and shape of what's missing, let it harden properly (usually a couple of days), then dremel/sand/shape/smooth it to a finished shape.
Old February 28th, 2010, 05:53   #6
Troy T. Moore

JB Weld 2 part epoxy?
Old February 28th, 2010, 07:37   #7
Ripperman79

good idea with the putty, thanks for the info your a great help.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner