Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

I am new here and have questions

:

Newbie Tank

Old December 29th, 2008, 00:03   #1
06SRT10

I am new here and have questions

First of all thanks, I joined because i wanted to import airsoft guns into canada and had problems. The good old crappy tire/walmart guns dont cut it anymore and constantly wear out.

So the first question is how do i get age verified, i found the names for the people in my area and sent them PMs.

Second will i run into problems if the US seller sends the gun accross the border and if he does will i be able to retreive it?

If not am i out of my money?

I learned most of this from emailing Jeff Baker from capitalairsoft.ca

you know if you have the prohibited firearms license will allow you to bring these in?

Last edited by 06SRT10; February 4th, 2009 at 08:49..
06SRT10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2008, 00:08   #2
Crunchmeister

You can't import into Canada, regardless what licence you have. If you order from the US, your gun will be seized by customs and you will be out of your money. The only licence that will let you import is a Business Firearms License, and the only purpose you can import for is film / TV production. And they don't hand those licences out to just anyone. You have to have an established film / TV production company with a history in order to get that licence.

Wait till one of the verifiers gets back to you and you can get verified. Then you'll have access to the good stuff right here in Canada.
Old December 29th, 2008, 00:13   #3
06SRT10

Thanks, I am contacting the US seller saying what the problem thats not a problem anymore. Just wonder how the age verification goes. I emailed 3 out of the 4 people in my area.

Can the retailer get for example KWC... the same basic brands as sold in the states?
Old December 29th, 2008, 00:18   #4
zone 69

look here.http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=11474
zone 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2008, 00:28   #5
Crunchmeister

When did you message the verifiers? Remember it's the xmas holidays, and a lot of people aren't around right now. Where are you located anyway? Filling out your profile would be helpful.
Old December 29th, 2008, 00:28   #6
06SRT10

I cannot get into that thread
Old December 29th, 2008, 00:33   #7
06SRT10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
When did you message the verifiers? Remember it's the xmas holidays, and a lot of people aren't around right now. Where are you located anyway? Filling out your profile would be helpful.
I am working on the profile thing... And for the age verification i emailed just recently i know it will take a little while. At first i was wondering if it was really worth getting into, but it just another forum i am a part of.

I am glad that so far this forum is similar in design to another i am apart of so i am not totally lost
Old December 29th, 2008, 00:37   #8
Crunchmeister

Well, "worth it" is relative. If you want clear guns, then it's not worth it. If you want high quality guns with black plastic or metal receivers, then this is the only place in Canada. So take it from there if you think it's "worth it" or not.

One word of warning though. You may get serious "price shock" when you see the price of airsoft in Canada. Don't expect prices in line with what you see on US sites. Whatever you see an airsoft gun costing on a US or Asian site, expect to pay between 2-3x the price for the same gun here. And selection isn't quite as wide as what you'd find on these other sites.
Old December 29th, 2008, 00:40   #9
06SRT10

Quote:
Well, "worth it" is relative. If you want clear guns, then it's not worth it. If you want high quality guns with black plastic or metal receivers, then this is the only place in Canada. So take it from there if you think it's "worth it" or not.

One word of warning though. You may get serious "price shock" when you see the price of airsoft in Canada. Don't expect prices in line with what you see on US sites. Whatever you see an airsoft gun costing on a US or Asian site, expect to pay between 2-3x the price for the same gun here. And selection isn't quite as wide as what you'd find on these other sites.
Well its worth it i have 6 clear ones and one actual black metal one and wanted to get more, as for price the two i was looking at were 110 and 100US one was KWC 1911 and the other KWJ KP-05 capa do you know if these are available?
Old December 29th, 2008, 00:43   #10
Crunchmeister

They're occasionally available, but far more expensive than that. Refer to my 2-3x the price. Pistols are usually closer to 3x the price.
Old December 29th, 2008, 00:45   #11
06SRT10

Well it doesnt surprise me theres the importing fees the details to get them in the seller needs to make money... As long as what i am looking basically for is available. Then its only money.
Old December 29th, 2008, 00:47   #12
Crunchmeister

Once you get verified, you'll see how much better things look from this side of the fence.
Old December 29th, 2008, 00:56   #13
06SRT10

Thanks alot i was really thinking to scrap the whole thing. See i go out to actual gun ranges and such target practice...

If what is available is like the handgun gallery then I will wait till iam verified.

So how does this site keep the retailers just here, how can there be no outside contact you would think with the internet the address would be out there.

Cause if you look at capitalairsoft.ca he has nothing, unless you have to be verified.

Last edited by 06SRT10; February 4th, 2009 at 08:50..
Old December 29th, 2008, 00:57   #14
Buzzrexx

Quote:
Once you get verified, you'll see how much better things look from this side of the fence.
+1
Buzzrexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2008, 01:05   #15
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SRT10 View Post
So how does this site keep the retailers just here, how can there be no outside contact you would think with the internet the address would be out there.

Cause if you look at capitalairsoft.ca where i am he has nothing, unless you have to be verified.
Don't worry about it, just wait till you're verified.
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank