Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

ahhh scared help

:

Newbie Tank

Old December 26th, 2008, 01:15   #1
hardgoodbye

ahhh scared help

Wow after reading all the info regarding laws with airsoft I have been thoroughly scared sh*tless about owning, operating, transporting and purchasing an airsoft gun. I played paintball for several years and now I want or wanted to get into airsoft because I’m sick of buying paint. I live in Toronto I’m 18 turning 19 in the end of January and have not bought an AEG yet. So my noob question is where can I play without being shot, arrested or have perfectly good equipment confiscated and destroyed. So please help not be on here getting flamed for doing something stupid.
hardgoodbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2008, 01:21   #2
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
Well this section of the board does not allow for flaming as this is where most questions like this from newbies go.

As for your question, most games that people play at, the host usually contacts the local law enforcement and lets them know whats going on, as a form of clearance (as far as I know this happens at least, I cant speak for each and every single person who hosts a game). Ive yet to hear of a game getting raided by a tactical squad because of a report of abunch of people running around with AK's and M16s. (Again as far as I know).

Maybe someone who has hosted can confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2008, 01:22   #3
Roughneck
used to be Spencer aka Sue

Welcome aboard,

The short answer is once you are Age Verified, you will see the events section where you can attend an organized game or event. These are held in safe locations, out of the public eye. Correct me if Im wrong, it is not illegal to own these guns.. just to import them. Treat them like real firearms when you transport them. Mags unloaded and seperate from the gun, which is in a gun case. Many members have been stopped by police comming to and from games.. When a cop see's you're responsable about it all.. they're usually pretty interested and think the guns are really cool.

Have no fear of owning an AEG, along with events.. you'll be able to access the retailers and private sales on this site once AV'd. Any gun you can imagine is up for grabs.. again, welcome!

Please save for me, some gallantry
That will echo when I'm gone
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2008, 01:39   #4
hardgoodbye

thx for such fast anwers and as a side question whats with all the clear guns l've bing seeing, when i look at the gallery all of yours look much cooler. is there a new law regarding clear bodies and if so can i still get black guns?
hardgoodbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2008, 01:51   #5
Roughneck
used to be Spencer aka Sue

The ones with the clear recievers are easier to import and are 100% legal in Canada. But there are still plenty of people selling black guns, both new and used. Once AV'd, you'll have access to it all.

Please save for me, some gallantry
That will echo when I'm gone
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2008, 02:19   #6
hardgoodbye

again thx for all your help
Old December 26th, 2008, 02:48   #7
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Whoa relax

Worry not my friend..

Possession of airsoft guns is not illegal for anyone over 18.
Transport and storage is not illegal as long as they are transported and stored properly ( locked out of sight )

Purchase and transfer between individuals... tough technically Illegal for any airsoft gun that is also a replica firearm, Law enforcement tolerates it for "legal" use such as target shooting and Skirmish/ Military simulation

Clear receiver guns can be legaly purchased by anyone over 18.

ONLY purchase gus that are already here in Canada, and don't attempt to import them yourself and you will be fine.

You are in Toronto... and so am I, come on by TTAC3 and I can age verify you and answer any other questions you may have.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 15:25   #8
15thKnight

Send a message via MSN to 15thKnight
you say you live in t. well i think defcon games holds airsoft. i havent had the time to get down there yet to see ut its on mondays i think.
Gas Revolver.
15thKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 15:32   #9
Crunchmeister

As others have mentioned, as long as you don't import airsoft yourself and treat them with the same respect you would real firearms when it comes to transporting them, there's nothing to be worried about on the legal front. As Brian stated, transfer of the guns is technically illegal, but it's tolerated by law enforcement. As long as you don't brandish your gun in public and only use it out of the public eye at games, then you're all set.

As the others have already said, get age-verified, and the world of airsoft will open up to you like the legs on a crack whore after you show her a $100 bill.
Old December 27th, 2008, 15:40   #10
15thKnight

Send a message via MSN to 15thKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post

As the others have already said, get age-verified, and the world of airsoft will open up to you like the legs on a crack whore after you show her a $100 bill.
you know.. thats probably true.. i must test this.
Gas Revolver.
15thKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank