Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

This noob got ideas!

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old October 13th, 2008, 16:32   #1
HeadlessChicken

This noob got ideas!

OK, before I get the whole "get age verified" speech, I went to TTAC3 and got age verified last week so I'm just waiting for it all to be processed.

I was thinking of building a P90. I saw on 007 a full metal TM P90 upper receiver. I was thinking if I buy it, I can buy up the rest State side or China/Hong Kong thinking it could be easier on my wallet then to buy up a TM P90 and getting the metal receiver separately. Problem is, I don't really know what else I would need to complete the gun. I'd guess the stock, mag, battery, motor, and gearbox. Am I missing anything?

So, worth it or is my idea a financial bust? And am I way over my head here? Would definitely be much easier and convenient to just buy the whole thing. Once I get verified, I'll have a look through the classifieds.
"Hey I'm the first one to say its a great country but its a straaaaange culture. This is a place where gun store owners are given a list of stolen credit cards but not a list of CRIMINALS and MANIACS. And now they're thinking of banning toy guns...AND THEY'RE GONNA KEEP THE F**KING REAL ONES!"
-George Carlin 1937 - 2008 (RIP buddy)

Last edited by HeadlessChicken; October 13th, 2008 at 16:35..
HeadlessChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2008, 16:33   #2
Skladfin

007 doesnt sell that anymore
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2008, 16:36   #3
Crunchmeister

TM P90s show up in the classifieds all the time. They're a common gun. But they tend to be $600+.

If you want a good, but cheap P90, Echo 1 just released one. Should be available soon. Once you're age verified, options will open themselves up to you...
Old October 13th, 2008, 17:21   #4
L473ncy

I would say so. I'm not that experienced or anything, I haven't even opened up my gun, and I don't plan on ever doing it. I would say that you're probably in over your head. Theres lots of parts and you would most likely screw up somewhere (I know I would, I forgot to plug in the 4 pin molex, and one of the IDE cables when I built my computer).

It's probably best to buy a whole gun off the classifieds once you get your age verified bar. However once you get a bit more knowledgeable about how things work you should have no problem building one from scratch. I'm actually planning to build one from scratch myself, but that's not for a long while.
Old October 13th, 2008, 17:23   #5
ShelledPants

The only conceivable downside to the P90 is its ridiculously expensive mags. $48 each. :| And the hicaps suck.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2008, 17:41   #6
panda86

It's likely going to cost more to build from scratch than just buying a new one out of the box.
panda86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2008, 17:42   #7
Sanox

Send a message via MSN to Sanox
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelledPants View Post
The only conceivable downside to the P90 is its ridiculously expensive mags. $48 each. :| And the hicaps suck.
The mags have feeding issues or something as far as I remember.
Sanox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2008, 18:08   #8
HeadlessChicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanox View Post
The mags have feeding issues or something as far as I remember.
I've heard they jam when fully loaded with the 300 BBs though thats the stated capacity, they won't jam between 250-270. I've done a bit of research on this gun (real and AEG), plus I'm a fan of Stargate. I was thinking of looking up the same tactical gear used in Atlantis and find me an Atlantis patch.
I sorta figured so, my first attempt at building a computer had a few problems but I already had 5 years into computer as is. Hopefully within the next few days, I should get verified. I'll have the whole house to myself for 2 weeks starting this coming Saturday figuring I'll buy up a few now and try them out without any distractions.
"Hey I'm the first one to say its a great country but its a straaaaange culture. This is a place where gun store owners are given a list of stolen credit cards but not a list of CRIMINALS and MANIACS. And now they're thinking of banning toy guns...AND THEY'RE GONNA KEEP THE F**KING REAL ONES!"
Old October 13th, 2008, 18:10   #9
Cheesevillage

Whatabout the new CA P90?

Quote:
Originally Posted by femina View Post
Okay, I recently went to art show. One of exhibit had huge panoramic canvas pictures of landscape photos taken with a digital camera. These pictures were nice and huge. The canvas was attached to a wooden stretcher frame for direct hanging on a wall without need for a frame. Do you know any more on this subject? Where can I go for additional information on this subject?
Cheesevillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2008, 20:21   #10
Muffin

If you don't have any prior AEG experience, don't attempt to build your own. As already stated, you won't be able to get your hands on an upper reciever in country(highly unlikely). I would reccomend you wait for the Echo 1 version to be in country, they look promising. Upon getting more familiar with the guns, eventually you'll be able to build your own custom project.
If, however, you decide to go ahead with this build, you'll need to either get a complete mechbox, or the shell and all its inards seperately. Of which requires mechbox experience or a gun doc.
You also left out flashhider, inner barrel, hopup unit, hopup rubber.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2008, 21:11   #11
surebet
Vicious MSPaint Wizard

Buy one from the classifieds.

Instant gratification
LESS costly
Less chance of a fuck up

Scrounge up 500 or 600 bucks and you can buy one of the many in the classifieds.

Stop American Censorship
surebet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2008, 02:21   #12
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

Here are the parts you are looking for

BUT TOO BAD, they are in the US since the grey area of the Canadian Laws states they are illegal to import

http://stores.ebay.com/Marui-Parts-Showcase

Don't PM how to get one read the FAQs or get it if you know a Importer

P90 is actually the easiest to build especially for a noob

The upper and lower are easy to slip in and the gearbox is simple, don't have to mess around with wiring or anything

If you get all the parts its easy to build, I own a TM P90 now and I was interested in doing the same project as you

Was it worth my time?
The time and effort was worth it and did not have to pay $600, so start hunting the classifieds here and now its up to you to find it, but if anything I would say P90 was by far easier to play around with than Version 2 and Version 3 mechboxs

After getting all the parts
So you hunted down all the parts, hooray

Now watch all youtube/online video stuff related to building P90s you'll understand in a jiffy and if you don't just ask me
Lucky for me my parts were in country from a friend so I built it from scratch after scrounging all over the place

Last edited by cbcsteve; October 14th, 2008 at 02:24..
cbcsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2008, 16:37   #13
HeadlessChicken

OK heres another noob question:

Building and Maintenance tools? What will I need? Even if I don't build a P90, I'm sure I may need to take it apart to maintain. I understand that I'll need silicon grease, I already have an RWS .177 Shooter's Kit for my airguns though I doubt the cleaning rod will work with AEGs. I have a precision screw driver set somewhere lying around. Will sanitation whips pose a danger to airguns or airsofts? I used 1 once on a couple of my airguns to remove the grease and lead (from the pellets) that came off my hands. They're all either ABS plastic or both plastic and metal, I'm figuring only for external use it shouldn't pose a problem.

Anything else I might be missing, I'm looking for cases and gear now that I'd might as well look up tools if I'm missing anything.
Old October 14th, 2008, 16:41   #14
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

Your question can be answered in the FAQ section

If you don't like reading the bundles of writing

www.mechbox.com is your friend

Video tutorials help best when you are too lazy to read everything

All you have to do is figure out what gearbox you have and type it in or just search around the site you'll find it on your own, just look

Last edited by cbcsteve; October 15th, 2008 at 01:05..
cbcsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2008, 16:52   #15
ShelledPants

You will need:

1 large Screwdriver set.
1 Small (1mm - 3mm) screw driver set.
Needle nose pliers
Silicone Oil

-> airsoftparts.ca
EVERYTHING can be found there except needle nose pliers.

And that's about it to get started. If you live near a tool shop, then get the parts as you're opening it up, but I suggest the above as a good starting point.

DO NOT use a gun cleaning it, it's oils will destroy the plastic and likely corrode the brass barrel, and WILL destroy your hop up rubber.

Also, DO NOT get the hi caps. To wind you have to eject the magazine and wind and then insert it again, and I've heard that they have brittle parts.

Airsoft guns are very easy to clean, all you really need for basic maintenance is silicone oil, a thin flexible rod, and glasses cleaning napkins for the inner barrel and hop up.

If you need wiring, get 16AWG hi strand count wiring in red and black with silicone coating:

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=4143

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion