Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Typical GBB Range

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old September 24th, 2007, 19:51   #1
mack_silent

Typical GBB Range

Last edited by mack_silent; April 14th, 2010 at 20:47..
mack_silent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 20:07   #2
krazie Sj

Send a message via AIM to krazie Sj Send a message via MSN to krazie Sj Send a message via Yahoo to krazie Sj
Range will be about the same, groupings will be noticeably crappier.

A KJW M9 GBB (Which I own) shoots roughly 300+ on Propane, while a Stock Tm MP5 (Which I used to own) Will shoot 280.

Some people call them Terrorists. These boys have simply been...misguided.
krazie Sj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 20:16   #3
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Grouping will tend to be crappier, but effective range really depends on the ammo weight you use. From my testing, lighter is less range, heavier is farther. I've gotten kills with my Glock 19 out to around 120-140ft away using 0.43g BBs, mind you I had to aim at the head to hit the chest.

And my newest GBB, a KSC MK23, I can get 0.28g BBs out to 150ft straight before they veer off.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 20:52   #4
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Dunno about KJW anything, haven't heard much bad about except difficult to find spare parts for. Your first GBB, I'd have to say get a KSC G19 and stay with it because it's super reliable and better for finding parts. My G19 that I mentioned above only has a 6.04mm tightbore in it that boosts the fps to around 340fps with 0.20g BBs (all other upgrades don't affect the velocity at all).

Here, check this out:

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...highlight=90ft

Last edited by CDN_Stalker; September 24th, 2007 at 21:00..
Old September 24th, 2007, 23:19   #5
Lakonian
kos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post

And my newest GBB, a KSC MK23, I can get 0.28g BBs out to 150ft straight before they veer off.
Is this with, or without a TB? Propane, or duster? 150 sounds a bit ...far?
Lakonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 23:23   #6
ancorp
AK Guru

Well, I have a KJW M9 (silver, full metal), and love it to death. For the price, the all metal goodness is awesome. The only problem with them is their trigger springs are made of cheap metal, and they WILL eventually break. Since I played with this GBB non stop for a long time, it did in fact break its trigger spring. Luckily, real Beretta springs fit there.

I recommend it. IMO looks worlds better then any Glock.

Cheers,
Alex
Old September 24th, 2007, 23:28   #7
hattrick
NAAZ's #1 fan!

Send a message via MSN to hattrick
For a first gbb i wouldnt recommend ksc OR kjw.

Go with Toyko Marui, you can NOT go wrong (their entire line up can withstand propane in stock form for extensive ammounts of time)
hattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2007, 07:28   #8
Captain Tenneal
Formerly Muffinman

Excluding the early models... I wouldn't trust the G26/M9/M19 Revolver/Python on propane stock.

But I do have to attest to the insane ranges of the TM later series of GBB's including the Mk.23 have very very long ranges. I think it has to do with the internal barrel which doesn't actually move during the firing and blowback whereas other GBB's have it as a component of the outer barrel and when that moves during blowback, the barrel tilts slightly down (that's just my theory)

My P226 stock still fires as good as a standard GBB, and I think I've still got more kills (and sadly, more range) with it outdoors than my CA AUG.
Old September 25th, 2007, 08:56   #9
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by kos View Post
Is this with, or without a TB? Propane, or duster? 150 sounds a bit ...far?
Ya, it does, I was shocked to see the BB fly out that far actually. Was pretty much a bone stock KCS MK23 with a rearranged recoil spring assembly running on propane. I just installed a tightbore into it last week, only had it at one game and didn't use it much so I haven't been able to check out if has any effect. Oh ya, the range and accuracy doesn't change with the suppressor on. Actually, at 30ft and shooting double action (silent mode!) with the suppressor on, I can actually get roughly 2" groupings with the heavier ammo.
Old September 25th, 2007, 08:58   #10
tsuru

That's because you keep breaking your AUG
In all seriousness I've seen many of the "hi-kick, hi-grouping" (Hi-Capa 5.1 & 4.3, P226, G17, M1911A1) TM models out-range a stock AEG using 0.20g, never mind using heavier ammo as Stalker said. As Tenneal said part of this comes from the lack of moving barrel (less realistic but better for accuracy) but also the newer hop-up since that is one part that is common between the newer pistols and the older Mk.23
tsuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2007, 10:01   #11
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Using heavier ammo has more advantages than you'd think actually. Using 0.20g BBs is one step better than using 0.12g. Range can be thought of two ways: 1/ How far away the BB lands 2/ Effectively hit what you aim at out to X distance. Personally, I'd rather get hits at 100-130ft using heavier BBs than use a light BB that flies off course after 60-80ft and lands 200ft away. Add in increased chances of felt hits and greatly increased brush penetration....... all are very important in a backup gun, more so due extremely limited ammo supply.
Old September 25th, 2007, 11:57   #12
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

KSC G19 , you can't go wrong

I'm on my 4th, wore three out already.. and my fifth is resting waiting in its box..to take its brother's place when he is worn out.

I used these guns ( metal slides and uped recoil springs) as loaners and Rentals... all of them have seen more abuse than any gun should see.

There is no doubt that they have lasted for more cycles than a real one would. Easily 20 000 rounds through each one.. and the #4 gun must be up to nearly twice that..( I have had to use the 3 dead ones to keep this one going)
for a first GBB you simply could not go wrong..
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2007, 12:01   #13
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
Using heavier ammo has more advantages than you'd think actually. Using 0.20g BBs is one step better than using 0.12g.
Except no one actually uses .12's. I assume you're trying to say that the step up from .12's to .2's is like the step up from .2's to .25's or .28's?

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2007, 13:09   #14
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
Except no one actually uses .12's. I assume you're trying to say that the step up from .12's to .2's is like the step up from .2's to .25's or .28's?
Funny you mention, some new guy at the game last Saturday came to me asking for help with his P99 (not sure the make, but was a GBB) and he had green 0.12g BBs loaded into it.

No, I'm saying that for outdoor use, 0.20g are pretty useless in any gun. 0.25 is the minimum onme should use in a GBB. And don't think that using heavier BBs in a GBB will have as much of a velocity drop as they do in AEGs, they stay pretty high considering. Case in point, my KSC G19 (the upgraded one) shoots 340fps with 0.20g on a warm day, and 265fps with 0.43g BBs. That's a 75fps drop for a BB weight increase of 0.23g. My M24 sniper rifle shoots 0.36g BBs 100fps slower than 0.20g. That's a 100fps drop with only a 0.16g weight increase. Heavier BBs in GBBs make the gas expand longer.
Old September 25th, 2007, 13:22   #15
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

With my KJ m9 I fire about 290 on .25s, and I usually dont need alot of range if Im using my m9, the only reason I would have it out is if I need to engnage at closer range or its quicker to swing than my m4.

Ive handled an MK23 before, Im not sure what brand it was but the bloody thing was a god damn nail driver. Accurate as hell even at a fair distance.
9/10 shots I took hit the target, I only missed since I didnt take my time to line up the sight properly on my 8th shot.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion