Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Movies/Video Games/Sci-fi
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Doom movie kit?

:

Movies/Video Games/Sci-fi

Old August 4th, 2007, 00:16   #1
Bowers

Send a message via MSN to Bowers
Doom movie kit?

hi i just finished the movie doom what sorta kit do the marines use in it? some of the rifles look like modified g36's but i cant tell the rest of the gear
Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2007, 17:38   #2
Bowers

aww cmon nebody ?
Old August 7th, 2007, 17:51   #3
TheRealWaldo

As far as I remember, no weapon in existence there.... Movie was set far in the future.

W.
TheRealWaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2007, 17:52   #4
TheRealWaldo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom_(f...oom_.28film.29
TheRealWaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2007, 17:55   #5
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCSF-Bowers View Post
hi i just finished the movie doom what sorta kit do the marines use in it? some of the rifles look like modified g36's but i cant tell the rest of the gear
The rifles were heavily tweaked G36's, big body kits.
Old August 7th, 2007, 18:43   #6
Bowers

hey thx alot guys i plan this as my next project
Old August 7th, 2007, 18:47   #7
Bowers

it doesent seem to list the kit they wear so far all i see is just black bdu's but i didnt get a good look at the vest and thier isnt anything on the wiki page

so far what i gather is

a g36 heavily have to do some personal work on that

black bdu's that i can get at the local surplus

and like a special forces thoart mic

no idea on the vest tho

did i miss anything?
Old August 7th, 2007, 21:00   #8
JTF27

Send a message via MSN to JTF27
The vest looks to be a black molle vest that is decked out with pouches. Though some of the pouches I have never seen before.
JTF27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2007, 21:05   #9
Bowers

i just looked at the vest and i spot the standerd mag pouches, what seems to be a pouch to hold maybe a tourniquite or other medical itemother pouches in varying sizes, and what im almost certain is a PASS device (Personal Alert Safety System) which is a device used by myself and other firefighters to find each other if somebody goes down you press the button and it makes a wailing sound as it stays on it gets louder and louder to help u find the guy well looks like if i wanna be 100% accurate i might have to pilfer from logistics:P
Old August 7th, 2007, 21:29   #10
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Quote:
i just looked at the vest and i spot the standerd mag pouches, what seems to be a pouch to hold maybe a tourniquite or other medical itemother pouches in varying sizes, and what im almost certain is a PASS device (Personal Alert Safety System) which is a device used by myself and other firefighters to find each other if somebody goes down you press the button and it makes a wailing sound as it stays on it gets louder and louder to help u find the guy well looks like if i wanna be 100% accurate i might have to pilfer from logistics:P
That's pretty neat, i didn't know you guys had those.
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2007, 21:38   #11
Bowers

oh yeah we got two models one which is manually activated which i love that way if you go down you just click it on then thiers ones which are one of the "National Fire Prevention Association requirement" are these little bastards that automaticly activate and if your standing in the manpower pool waiting to go play it will just go off and u gotta basicly dance on spot the whole time and you cant shut it off because u need to put the key in the pass and the key is tied to the seats inside the truck i hate these ones with a passion thier the best thing to have when your inside the building but god thier annoying when your on the FAST team or your sitting in manpower cuz they go off constantly and again you cant shut them off and sometimes i just zone out from boredom and it will go off for like 10 minutes and then i get a boot to the helmet and because from the kick i move no more noise and everybodys happy
Old August 7th, 2007, 22:38   #12
Nik12

Send a message via MSN to Nik12
Quote:
oh yeah we got two models one which is manually activated which i love that way if you go down you just click it on then thiers ones which are one of the "National Fire Prevention Association requirement" are these little bastards that automaticly activate and if your standing in the manpower pool waiting to go play it will just go off and u gotta basicly dance on spot the whole time and you cant shut it off because u need to put the key in the pass and the key is tied to the seats inside the truck i hate these ones with a passion thier the best thing to have when your inside the building but god thier annoying when your on the FAST team or your sitting in manpower cuz they go off constantly and again you cant shut them off and sometimes i just zone out from boredom and it will go off for like 10 minutes and then i get a boot to the helmet and because from the kick i move no more noise and everybodys happy
I had to read that twice to figure it out.

So basically, it goes of it if doesn't sense enough movement. I can see how that would be annoying.

Out of Sport. Have Fun!
Nik12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2007, 22:49   #13
Bowers

oh yeah its very annoying
Old August 7th, 2007, 22:51   #14
Deftonius
Troll

Send a message via ICQ to Deftonius Send a message via AIM to Deftonius Send a message via MSN to Deftonius
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWaldo View Post
As far as I remember, no weapon in existence there.... Movie was set far in the future.

W.
Ridiculously far in the future. Where The Rock uses his Eyebrow for good!
Deftonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2007, 11:09   #15
Bowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftonius View Post
Ridiculously far in the future. Where The Rock uses his Eyebrow for good!
Semper Fi Motherfucker!!
:infantry: :rocket: :kill: :flame: :duke:
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Movies/Video Games/Sci-fi