Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KSC socom problem

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old January 4th, 2007, 15:24   #1
TomBearing

KSC socom problem

sorry I know I'm supposed to post this in the doctor's corner but it refuses to let me post there. It keeps logging me out so I'll post here and if a moderator can move it that would be much appreciated.

My Socom's slide locks forward randomly and sometimes for a reason such as firing with no gas in it or putting a mag in with the slide in the forward position and then racking the slide back. The only way then to unlock the slide is to take it off and put it back on.

Thanks for the help and please excuse my stupidity at putting this in the general forum
TomBearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2007, 15:39   #2
Shinjin_MC

Send a message via MSN to Shinjin_MC
err
locks forward? as in you are not able to rack the slide at all?
or locks in the rear position?
Shinjin_MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2007, 15:40   #3
TomBearing

locks in the forward position so that I cannot rack the slide back at all without taking the slide off
Old January 4th, 2007, 16:00   #4
takatorikku
UnVerified

sounds like either something's jamming it or the recoil spring has caught onto something. that happened to my USP.45 once, after i accidently bent the spring... don't ask. dissassemble the gun and see if anything's out of place. and lube it too
Old January 4th, 2007, 16:04   #5
TomBearing

yeah but if the hammer is back and the gun isnt gassed or anything and i pull the trigger, the slide is jammed. What could that have to do with a recoil spring?
Old January 4th, 2007, 16:22   #6
takatorikku
UnVerified

omg

gas pistols don't function without gas. the hammer is used to depress the valve button on the magazine to release gas in order to shoot and cycle the slide. it's not a real gun.

i suggest you read up more about gas blowback before using your gun
Old January 4th, 2007, 16:28   #7
TomBearing

You completely misunderstood what I was saying. After that if I gas the gun up and attempt to fire the slide is locked and the gun will not fire. and this isnt the only way it happens as I stated earlier. if a magazine is put into the gun and I then rack the slide (this is gassed) the slide will not cycle and the gun does not fire. If I lock the slide back as I put a gassed or degassed magazine (doesn't matter) and then attempt to fire it works. Maybe I'm not being clear enough in my description of my problem. This is not my first gbb but actually my 4th and I do know that an ungassed gun will not cycle....

Last edited by TomBearing; January 4th, 2007 at 16:46..
Old January 4th, 2007, 16:51   #8
takatorikku
UnVerified

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBearing View Post
yeah but if the hammer is back and the gun isnt gassed or anything and i pull the trigger, the slide is jammed. What could that have to do with a recoil spring?
so... how can an unmoving part jam? i'm horribly confused.

again, take it apart and make sure everything's in working order
Old January 4th, 2007, 16:57   #9
the end

wow thats odd, what model of MK23 is it? i dont know if that would make a difference but its always nice to list that info.

i have the HW Hardkick 05 model, and surprisingly besides the spring being really weak when i first bought it, i have had no problems (knock on wood)
maybe i just got lucky

anyways i will look into my gun and see if i might be able to see what parts may/could have malfunctioned and caused these problems.

-KP
the end is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2007, 16:57   #10
TomBearing

Everyone at my field including the owner who is pretty good with gbbs has no clue what the problem is. The slide will no longer move if one of the things I listed above happens unless it is taken off and put back on. I'm not the only one who has taken it apart and checked it out . BTW its the HW model. Otherwise everything is stock. I've actually been working on upgrading my desert warrior and havent gotten around to messing with the socom

Last edited by TomBearing; January 4th, 2007 at 17:01..
Old January 6th, 2007, 19:18   #11
TomBearing

The problem was fixed (guide rod) but a new problem has occured. I fire and the slide cycles, then a bb rolls out a few seconds later. Sometimes it shots two shots as well. Anyone can help me with this pistol of a million problems? lol
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion