Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KJW G23 Mag problem -- Gas won't go in!

:

Doctor's Corner

Old February 21st, 2006, 12:56   #1
jerryliang2k

Send a message via MSN to jerryliang2k
KJW G23 Mag problem -- Gas won't go in!

I got a G23 yesterday. This morning I wanted to take a few shots with it in my basement so I load it up with BBs. But when I tried to put gas in the mag (I'm using propane with AI's adaptor) nothing goes in.

I pressed the adaptor all the way into the mag's nozzle but no gas went in. However, the gun does seem to take a little gas if i very gently press the adaptor into the nozzle but most of it just sprays out.

I thought It may be my adaptor or my propane tank so I tried it on my Desert Eagle mag and it filled fine. So I'm pretty sure its something wrong with the G23's mag. Anyone else experienced this problem? Any solutions?

thanks in advance
jerryliang2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2006, 13:41   #2
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
GBB mags all have different personalities. Some you need to press down hard to get gas in, others you need just a gentle press and hold. Try a few different types of press and listen to the slight hiss sound of the gas going in. Liquid propane coming out means you are pressing too hard, not pressing hard enough, or the mag is full.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2006, 18:10   #3
^Hyperion^

I love GBBs , they are my favorite guns but I must say they are ALL tricky , just as you'Ve said Stalker.

They are all different , so dont be shy of trying new techniques on each and every one

^Hyperion^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2006, 18:21   #4
Dozer_01

GBB's are shit. Everyone of the bastards are different...lol

I had a problem with one of my M203 shells. It wouldnt fill up so i put silicon oil in the valve and left it over night. I havnt had a problem since. I know this doesnt make sence...but it works now...
Old February 21st, 2006, 18:34   #5
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Try dealing with those new Wei E Tech Dragon Hicapas, they are the worst so far I've seen. Solid yes, but Apoc bought two of them, gave one to me to fix (out of the box) cuz the hammer wouldn't catch at all. A fair chunk of oil later, I was shooting it, but had to unhook the hammer from underneath the slide. Often when I'd pull the trigger, the hammer wouldn't latch, so I had a full auto GBB on my hands. So, I bring his other one that worked perfectly home to put some oil in to make sure it didn't end up like the screwed up one, guess what? It's doing the exact same thing as the non-working one! Wanna see Stalker pull a "Teuettes Guy" on something? How is it that adding a bit of oil in the right places causes mechanical malfunctions in a GBB?

Jerry, saw you had another issue with the feedlips on your G23, did you get that fixed up fine? Kinda pointless to start a new thread for each problem with the same gun.
Old February 21st, 2006, 22:26   #6
jerryliang2k

I didn't have any other problems with this gun... you may have gotten my post mixed up with the one about the bbs not staying in the mag - that was posted by someone else. Didn't wanna highjack his thread so I started this one.

Anyways, I'll try the lube trick... Doesn't make sense but its worth a shot.
Old February 21st, 2006, 22:50   #7
Rico

If I can recall correctly, my old KJ beretta had an O-ring in the fill valve. Is there an O-ring (or lack thereof) in your valve? Not sure if KJ glocks and berettas have the same valves.
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2006, 23:09   #8
G_unit

Umm I have a KJW G23 and well, I have 3 spare mags with it, none have any problems, try pressing harder, they do require a little force to let gas in.
G_unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2006, 09:03   #9
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryliang2k
I didn't have any other problems with this gun... you may have gotten my post mixed up with the one about the bbs not staying in the mag - that was posted by someone else. Didn't wanna highjack his thread so I started this one.

Anyways, I'll try the lube trick... Doesn't make sense but its worth a shot.
Sorry about that, guess I did mistake the two (considering both of you say you just received the same gun at the same time, fired a few shots off in the basement, found acoupe issues, etc. it's an honest mistake.) :tup:
Old February 27th, 2006, 01:35   #10
jerryliang2k

Well, I've been trying everything mentioned here, I tried lubing up the fill valve, and tried pressing harder - no luck on either accounts.

And no, there is no O-ring, Ricoius. I'll struggle with this a bit more but if all else fails i'll probably be looking for a refund...
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner