Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

famas issue

:

Doctor's Corner

Old February 12th, 2006, 12:58   #1
msg-90sniper

famas issue

ok, Ive been using my stock FAMAS for atleast 5 months now with a 9.6V 3300 mAh battery, so yeah it been worked hard, im just wondering how long my motor will last? im going to stop using 9.6's now cuz i want my gun to last before i have to customize ithe VerI gearbox to take EG1000's :x that'll suck :-x 8O
msg-90sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2006, 13:04   #2
ze641

that battery is WAY to powerful for that gun if it is stock... its just a matter of time until you strip your gears or your piston.

anyway, if your gun is stock, imediatly stop using that battery, its way too powerful for it.

the famas is claimed to last around 10-15 years(stock, absolutely nothing done to it, no overpowering batteries, perfect care, etc.)

but if you use that powerful battery in a stock famas i am surprised your gears haven't stripped already.
ze641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2006, 14:28   #3
Drake
E-01

Okay it's a 9.6v battery, not 12v. You may have put some extra wear on your gears depending on how often you played, but not really insta-strip worthy unless you really abused it (5 months was what... used daily? weekly? once a month? Go through 10+ hicaps/game?)

Either way, the motor's fine, it'll take more than that to kill it. What's most likely to show wear is the teeth on the plastic piston (can be replaced with a Systema v2/v3 piston).

But yeah, stop using that battery. Even upgraded, the FAMAS runs fine on 8.4v (I'm using a PDI140% in mine)

As for fitting an EG1000 in there, good luck with that unless you plan on adding an extra inch to the ass end of the gun, cuz there's no other way it'll fit.
Old February 12th, 2006, 16:08   #4
msg-90sniper

yeah i know, this guy who lives in my state as me has his famas completely upgraded, has an eg1000, and its upgraded to 400 fps and it shoots REALY fast, its crazy cuz he uses a 12v battery, but yeah im planning on replacing the stock parts with better ones. PDI140? how much fps do you get out of that? but ifound thsi one place that sells a systema famas spring guide cant beleive they still have it
Old February 12th, 2006, 16:32   #5
ze641

i think a pdi 140% is like 350-400fps somewhere around there, depends on what other internals you have as well.
Old February 12th, 2006, 17:36   #6
Drake
E-01

yeah its 350ish. And it brought the ROF "down" a bit (to ~1000-1100 RPM).
Old February 12th, 2006, 21:03   #7
msg-90sniper

alright thanks, gunna be modding it too
Old February 12th, 2006, 21:28   #8
ze641

looks good, and good luck. be sure to post pics once you have finished
Old February 13th, 2006, 00:00   #9
msg-90sniper

good luck? thats easy to make, will do, its already painted, i dont like it cuz the pain comes off to easily, but yeah i was gunna put a full lemgth rail but im just gunna do one mid-length, oh yeah and im buying a F1 and swap parts so i can have a integrated bipod on my SV , the im gunna make the other famas into a CQB weapon
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner