Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Strange TM m14 nozzle position

:

Doctor's Corner

Old February 5th, 2006, 12:39   #1
Blastyman

Send a message via ICQ to Blastyman
Strange TM m14 nozzle position

Ok I am upgrading my 4th m14. The previous 3 were effortless. this one required a bit more shimming then the other ones so to be sure I had it working decent I thought I hook up the battery and fire it before I put the mecbox all back in the gun.

Gun cycles fine but I noticed the nozzle was staying retracted on every semi shot and usually fully extended after fully auto firing. Pretty much opposite of what it should be.

I have 3 other m14's sitting at my place right now and I didn't notice it on the other ones. Its a bit hard to tell the nozzle position on them for sure because its hard to see down the feed tube. But shinning a light down it would seem the nozzles are correctly positioned forward at the end of each semi cycle.

So I am at a loss on this as to why its doing it. I can't see how any parts are put together differently or incorrectly.

In a way I am intrigued by it since it would slightly reduce the lag between touching the trigger and shot fired since the gun is cocked and ready to fire. But I am not sure if the having the spring compressed and pressure on my anti reversal latch all the time.

Anyhow going to try some different batteries and try removing the semi mechanism and reinstalling again to see what happens.
Blastyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2006, 14:24   #2
Groo

I noticed the same thing when I did mine. If you find out you have any problems, be sure to post it.

P.S. Do you have a line on where you can get real wood stocks in Canada?
Groo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2006, 00:18   #3
Blastyman

Ok upon further inspection of the other m14's on my workbench all 4 m14's that I have do the same thing. 2 are mine and 2 are other peoples. Common denominator is I worked on them and they are upgraded but I don't think there is anything possible that I can change to make the semi cutoff lever engage at a different time.

So I would like to know if everybody's m14 displays this or only ones that have been upgraded.

Maybe TM purposely engineered it this way so the gun sits partially compressed so there is a bit less lag time from pulling the trigger till shot fired.

Or maybe its not. hehe

Anyhow I hope some other m14 owners can shed some light on this.

You will probably have to use a small flashlight to shine down the feed tub while you fire to see what the nozzle is doing.
Old February 6th, 2006, 00:26   #4
mcguyver

I worked on a Marui MP5 this weekend and it was the same way prior to my work and was not after I was done. Personally, I'd rather have it so the spring doesn't stay even partially compressed for any length of time. Really though, the lag time you describe is only hundredths of a second and for an upgraded velocity gun wouldn't be so bad, would it?
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2006, 00:32   #5
Blastyman

While I agree I don't really want the spring compressed at all but all 4 m14's at my house all do this.

I hope to hear back from other m14 owners. Like I say maybe its possible I messed all 4 guns up while working on them.( doubt it but can't rule it out) Though other thenthe nozzle back the guns all work great. full auto and semi auto without missing a beat.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner