Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Scope sight in adjust Hop up or RDS?

:

Doctor's Corner

Old February 2nd, 2006, 12:39   #1
yanhchan

Send a message via AIM to yanhchan Send a message via MSN to yanhchan
Scope sight in adjust Hop up or RDS?

I got a TASCO RDS a few days ago for my UTG MP5. It works quite well the problem is that its not accurate enough for me. I want to sight in but I have no idea weather to adjust the hop up or the RDS dot elevation. If anyone has had experience with this your input will be appreciated! I'm looking at 30 Ft to work with. Windage is ok it shoots stright but its the elevation thats wonky. The hop up is a little unusual and doesn't like to do its job some times.

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country ~John F. Kennedy
yanhchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2006, 12:47   #2
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
Zeroing an RDS if the BB doesn't hit the same spot reliably is impossible. You'll alway be adjusting, or compensating. And whats the point of paying for the RDS if it doesn't really do anything?

Get the gun hitting the same spot (within reason here, it's a spinning BB after all :-) ) and then zero the RDS.

If I center my RDS at 30 ft (on my CQB gun) the BB's hit within 2 inch radius (4 inch circle) about 95% of the time.

The best advice I can give is when you are shooting to zero is LET THE TARGET TELL THE TALE.

This means don't track the BB with your eye. Get a sight picture with the RDS or iron sights only. If you anticipate the track of the BB or try to follow it you aim will be off for the purposes of zeroing.

I do it in a dimly lit room so I can't see the BB at all, or use black BB's.
Old February 2nd, 2006, 13:21   #3
sherlockbonez

At 30 ft I don't think the hopup would matter much. Chances are u'll need to adjust the elevation. Also try to get a benchrest or something while you are sighting in to make sure that it's not human error causing the elevation change.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner