2. TM M16 Series Cylinder Head
3. Systema Aluminum Piston Head with Bearings
4. PM Hard Piston
5. G&P Reinforced Tappet Plate
6. CA Super Torque Up Gear Set
7. PM Ver2 Spring Guide
8. TM M16 Stock Barrel (363mm)
9. PM MS120 Spring

Anything not mentioned is stock. I didn’t do the upgrades myself they were done by a local gun pro and I purchased the gun after it had been upgraded. I haven’t had a chance to chorno it myself, but I was told by the previous buyer it’s shooting around 390FPS.

Ok, so this past Saturday two M249's happened to show at our game. It was my first full day of skirmishing with my new toy and a buddy was taking his brand new, bone stock CA249 Para out for its first time as well.

After the day was finished we both agreed, the guns are amazing... with one down side, they both feed (by normal AEG standards) TERRIBLY! On a good burst you can distinctly hear a misfeed every 6~12 BB's. There were more than a handful of times where we would go to fire a 2~4 second burst and no more than 3 BBs would spit out. We found it helped to keep the box fully wound and give it several good shakes, but this really did not help all that much. Towards the end of the day we tried leaving the auto winder on during fire. This seemed to help, but is acquired to say the least as the button is on the bottom of the box and not exactly easy to find with your finder in a rush. Neither of us wanted to leave the box running all the time for obvious acoustic reasons as well as adding undue wear.

Having two guns on the field, one upgraded one brand new and bone stock seems to say that we didn’t just end up with lemons.

So, now I want to know is, what other CA249 owners have experienced this and what have you done about it. Any tips, experiences, ect would be greatly appreciated for all of us!
Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2005, 10:37   #2
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Apoc had some feeding issues with one of his box mags as well, seemed like BBs would jam in the spring tube or somewhere inside. I took it apart, checked as much of the feedpath as I could, reamed out the beveled lips on a plastic part a bit more, not sure if that helped or not. Have to ask him when I talk to him again if that helped it or not. Can't remember, was back in the summer.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner