Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TM VSR 10

:

Doctor's Corner

Old November 23rd, 2005, 20:29   #1
SpartanJ

TM VSR 10

Everytime i cock my VSR 10 and it gets to point of clicking and stay it immediately fires, the bolt goes straight back to the starting stage and the gun is no longer cocked. My gun wont cock anymore. Any ideas whats wrong?
SpartanJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2005, 20:36   #2
Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanJ
Everytime i cock my VSR 10 and it gets to point of clicking and stay it immediately fires, the bolt goes straight back to the starting stage and the gun is no longer cocked. My gun wont cock anymore. Any ideas whats wrong?
Just to clear this up,
Do you have any upgrades?
Has your gun ever been taken apart?
About how many BBs have you shot? Any dry firing?
Did anything interesting happen within a couple hundred shots before this happened?
Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2005, 21:02   #3
SpartanJ

Nothing interesting has happened. Clayton from rangers airsoft took this apart and upgraded it to shoot 470 FPS. Whole cylinder revamped
Old November 23rd, 2005, 21:08   #4
odp

Did he change both the sears?
odp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2005, 22:09   #5
SpartanJ

sears?
Old November 23rd, 2005, 23:30   #6
nutboi

when u upgrade a vsr spring, u should upgrade the piston sear and the trigger sear. the stock sears can't shoot on upgraded springs for too long. i have a pdi200 spring and i didn't dare to shoot the gun till i got both sears replaced.

after the upgrade were u able to cock the gun?

i also had to shorten the spring guide down by a bit. when i cocked the gun back the spring guide would hit the piston head just short of the piston sear locking in. after the minor mod it shoots great now.

my internal upgrades include:
laylax cylinder head
laylax teflon coated cylinder
spring guide
high pressure piston
pdi 200
trigger sear
piston sear
reinforced spring guide stopper

EDIT:check out the buy & sell section. someone is selling deep fire sears for a reasonable price.
nutboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2005, 23:36   #7
SpartanJ

i bought this gun from a friend, and he said he thinks sears were replaced and that he did infact shoot about 1000 + rounds through it while upgraded, its when i go to cock it and it *clicks* and then i let go and it shoots up to the from where the bolt started could it be a problem with the cylinder and the stopper that holds the spring until its ready to fire?
Old November 23rd, 2005, 23:55   #8
nutboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanJ
i bought this gun from a friend, and he said he thinks sears were replaced and that he did infact shoot about 1000 + rounds through it while upgraded, its when i go to cock it and it *clicks* and then i let go and it shoots up to the from where the bolt started could it be a problem with the cylinder and the stopper that holds the spring until its ready to fire?

if it's clicking the the piston sear should be locking but it would still be useless if it's damaged. if the whole cylinder shoots forward after the click then the spring guide stopper should be good.
i would take ur gun apart and check the sears and the trigger assembly. i think it might be a sear or the sensitivity on the trigger is too high.

p.s. since ur only 15....i hope ur responsible for airsoft.
Old November 24th, 2005, 09:37   #9
SpartanJ

Note the hop up was at its highest (dont know how it got there) and the gun jammed, after this problem happened about 3 bbs fell out of it scratched up.
Old November 24th, 2005, 12:08   #10
odp

Look at the sears - if they're black, then they've been upgraded to Laylax ones. If they're silver, they still could be stock, although Deep Fire and a couple of other companies still make them silver.
odp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2005, 00:01   #11
SpartanJ

How would i open this? and put it back together?
Old November 25th, 2005, 00:13   #12
nutboi

omg

edit: u said u bought this gun from ur buddy. i would advise u to sit down infront of the gun with ur buddy and have ur buddy take it apart and show u which part he has changed and which part hasn't been changed. that is the best way to find out all the info u need from takedown of gun, what parts do what and what the upgrades are.
Old November 25th, 2005, 00:14   #13
Valcrow

Send a message via MSN to Valcrow
taking the VSR apart is relatively easy being a spring gun. Unscrew the 2 hex screws on the bottom of the body, one near the magwel and one by the trigger. once that's done, you can remove the body from the barrel portion and can gain access to the cylinder.

set the body aside for now, and pull down on the retaining pin on the trigger assembly. It should be a silver piece that seems to have groves on it. once you push that down, you can remove the cylinder and you can then check out if the sears are worn, what colour are they. etc. 2 screws and a pin not hard at all.
Old November 25th, 2005, 00:20   #14
SpartanJ

He never takes apart his guns, lets the professionals do that.
Old November 25th, 2005, 00:30   #15
nutboi

if u have the vsr manual read through that....it helps when u take ur gun apart. if u don't have a manual......search for one. the vsr i find is one of the easier guns to work on.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner