Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Inokatsu M240G in-depth

:

Reviews

Old April 29th, 2014, 22:54   #1
mr_nuts31

Inokatsu M240G in-depth

This will be both a review and a first look into the Inokatsu M240G. I know the Inokatsu M240G isn't new, in fact, they were discontinued after 2008 I believe. I can't find much else when it comes to details, so I will try my best to fill in the blanks from what I gathered. I got this from the classified for a good price, from there, I started to take pictures and get the thing running for a game. I ran it for one game so far, wish I could play more games but I'm currently out on exercise as I'm typing this, so bear with me on this. Most of my in-depth view is in the link below, took the time to try and describe what I'm seeing.

Pics are here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=6f957016c0

Now here's my review after one game day. Now the field I was playing was Red Devils in Ottawa, which was a wooded field with an open area and structures dotted around. At the time, the field was still a bit muddy from the rain the day before. This brings up one of the disadvantages of the Inokatsu M240G: it's heavy as hell. Not as heavy as the C6, but pretty close by a few pounds, and enough for me to give a hard time running in the kind of mud that will get you stuck. Good thing I brought a sling (highly recommended).

The first few games, it was in a CTF style game through an open field. This is where the M240G shines once it gets started. The first few shots started to dip a bit until about 30-40 rds in, it starts going straight as an arrow thanks to the stupidly long inner barrel. My guess is that since the boxmag winds by the pull of the trigger, there's a bit of a start up period before shooting. During that time, I was shooting from the hip while using the carry handle as a grip.0 The ROF is a bit slow even with a 11.1v lipo, possibly because of the additional power drain from running the boxmag along with the motor. Interestingly enough, there has been a real psychological effect from the opposing team whenever i start firing at their direction. A lot of people start moving back or concentrate fire on me as I was walking slowly providing covering fire for my team.

Then comes the next few games which were a attack and defend style in the woods. This is where the bipod came in handy because I was starting to slow down from fatigue and muscle pain from carrying that thing. The bipod is very sturdy despite the damages that came with the gun when I first got it. Kept getting caught between trees and branches because of the long barrel. Couldn't really tilt my gun up vertically because of weight and the boxmag spilling bbs from the open top design. This can cause a lot of problems when it comes to movement. Near the end, I had a jam in the boxmag, and the trigger failed on me. By then, I was pretty much done playing and it was pretty late in the afternoon.

So here's the long and short of it:

Advantages
-Heavy
-Really accurate for a LMG
-Boxmag very easy to load and fix
-Mechbox is very easy to maintain
-Exquisite externals just like all Inokatsu guns
-Very durable
-Takes down like the real thing
-Can make newer airsofters shit themselves

Disadvantages
-Heavy enough to give muscle cramp when carrying for prolonged periods
-Very small boxmag capacity (1400 rds)
-Stock and pistol grip can be uncomfortable just like the real steel version.
-BBs can spill out of the boxmag very easy from either running or tilting upwards
-No rails on the dust cover, so no optics

I'll update this more as time passes on and I get more experience with this.
mr_nuts31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2014, 00:24   #2
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

1) the longer barrel has absolutely nothing to do with the accuracy, which is one of the reasons I went with the M249 para instead
2) yes, it is awesome lol
3) surprising to hear you say it's accurate. I saw a review about 4 years ago, I was JUST about to drop the money on one, and saw a video review where it had trouble hitting a pop can from 25 feet away, and the guy shooting was prone.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews