Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

The KWC M1911

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 8th, 2013, 15:06   #1
Kim-Haze

The KWC M1911

I'm rather new at airsoft and was looking for a side arm and found a KWC M1911 CO2 Gas Blow Back, looked at a few reviews got some good and bad feedback but the main feedback that I got from it, was that it is ridiculously powerful and often times useless for anything cqb.

What's the word on this piece of equipment.

Thanks again.
Kim-Haze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2013, 15:36   #2
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Hello Kim,

I would suggest you get age verified in this forum section click me

Once you do so, you have the opportunity to buy from retailers and other individuals at great prices.

CO2 kicks harder, so if you plan on playing CQB you will have to get a NPAS installed or something to reduce to the field limits (350 typical).

I would get age verified first, and look around.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2013, 15:50   #3
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

The KWC 1911 is a decent pistol, but as you said, it fires hard. There might be available parts to reduce the velocity, but I don't know of any at the moment. The principal drawback of this pistol is that it has absolutely no aftermarket support. It means that its pretty much impossible to get replacement parts when something breaks, and it has no available upgrade parts either.

There are other 1911s available in the same price range, such as the KJW 1911a1 and MEU and KWA's PTP 1911s. They both have readily available replacement parts and can be upgraded.

I don't know your budget, but if you get age verified, you can get a Tokyo Marui 1911 for around 290$. This is by far the best 1911 on the market and worth every dollar. It has tons of available replacement and upgrade parts and its the most accurate 1911 out of the box. Also, it has a plastic slide, which, in this case is a huge advantage as it means you will get more shots out of your mags. 1911a1 mags typically hold 26 rounds, but the full metal 1911s usually have a hard time shooting more than 15. A plastic Tokyo Marui can shoot all 26 rounds without any problem. It also works a lot better in cold weather than full metal 1911s.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2013, 15:57   #4
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakker View Post
The KWC 1911 is a decent pistol, but as you said, it fires hard. There might be available parts to reduce the velocity, but I don't know of any at the moment. The principal drawback of this pistol is that it has absolutely no aftermarket support. It means that its pretty much impossible to get replacement parts when something breaks, and it has no available upgrade parts either.

There are other 1911s available in the same price range, such as the KJW 1911a1 and MEU and KWA's PTP 1911s. They both have readily available replacement parts and can be upgraded.

I don't know your budget, but if you get age verified, you can get a Tokyo Marui 1911 for around 290$. This is by far the best 1911 on the market and worth every dollar. It has tons of available replacement and upgrade parts and its the most accurate 1911 out of the box. Also, it has a plastic slide, which, in this case is a huge advantage as it means you will get more shots out of your mags. 1911a1 mags typically hold 26 rounds, but the full metal 1911s usually have a hard time shooting more than 15. A plastic Tokyo Marui can shoot all 26 rounds without any problem. It also works a lot better in cold weather than full metal 1911s.
You can reduce the FPS with a valve, probably about $20, but you need to tear apart the bolt to get into there to install it.

The NPAS kit I think run about $40, not sure, but I think it works for the KWA 1911 (Should be same as pistols $40).

Age Verified is recommend, you could consider a TM Hi-Capa which is essentially a 1911, but mod-able to the max.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2013, 16:16   #5
Drakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
You can reduce the FPS with a valve, probably about $20, but you need to tear apart the bolt to get into there to install it.

The NPAS kit I think run about $40, not sure, but I think it works for the KWA 1911 (Should be same as pistols $40).

Age Verified is recommend, you could consider a TM Hi-Capa which is essentially a 1911, but mod-able to the max.
The parts for TM style 1911s or KWA style 1911s will not work in the KWC 1911, its a new different proprietary design.

Old August 9th, 2013, 09:12   #6
Kim-Haze

Thank's guys! I'm always thankful of any help. the Tokyo Marui's a little too much out of my price range but I heard good things about WE or KJW products.

I'm planning on getting age verified I just need to meet up with my regions age verifier but it's always hard to find suitable times for both parties.

Last edited by Kim-Haze; August 9th, 2013 at 09:16..
Old August 9th, 2013, 09:34   #7
Drakker

Avoid the WE 1911s, they are terrible and have semi-proprietary design. If the TM is out of your price range, either put money aside until it is in your price range or get a KJW.

The KJW is well made, but the slide is so heavy that it can hardly shoot 15 BBs on a full mag fill. If you plan on attending real capacity games, then no problem, as the real capacity of a 1911a1 is 7 rounds anyway, but otherwise its a thing to consider.

Old August 9th, 2013, 10:09   #8
Kim-Haze

I wasn't planning on anything else then real cap really. I have an Echo1 PRI Delta AEG which I really like and I was looking for a good side arm that I could use for any era. I'm a real fan of WW2 reanactment but I'd rather my next purchase be a side arm that I can use for any type of game than a brand new AEG. (Besides my WW2 attire is a downed US pilot. So generally they don't carry anything but a m1911 and one or two mags.)

In any case are the KJWs easy to upgrade/diagnose/fix? I'll assume they're robust-ish too?
Old August 9th, 2013, 11:10   #9
Drakker

I have never owned a KJW 1911a1, I have had the TM for almost 4 years now, never let me down, nothing ever broke and the range is just ridiculous with a few upgrades.

That said, I know of a few people who have/had the KJW 1911a1. It's compatible with most TM upgrade parts so upgrades shouldn't be a problem if you do some googling first. Like all KJW pistols its above average, which means decent reliability, accuracy and range. But for most players, the gas efficiency was the breaking point. The gun will choke as soon as the temperature drops below 10°C. Most of them eventually bought a TM 1911 if they really liked the 1911 platform or moved to another platform like the hi-capa.

Old August 9th, 2013, 12:27   #10
Kim-Haze

Fair enough, thanks for the advice. I'll start saving for a TM then. Better to wait a little longer and buy something great than something that's par.
Old August 13th, 2013, 00:13   #11
Mr. Gruntsworthy

I see that the KJW 1911 has both CO2 and Propane/GG mags available for it. Does it accept both mag types?

Because then it looks like a logical (though expensive) idea to have a set of propane/GG mags for CQB use, and CO2 mags for outdoor use.

(I am also in the market for a 1911)

Sidearm: KJW Taurus PT92 (olive drab)
320fps, semi-automatic. Propane GBB

Oshawa Deathmatch Community -- An open facebook group for Durham/Toronto Airsoft players. Join the Forums as well
Come join!

My Game Dev website: http://mikeseguin.webs.com/
Mr. Gruntsworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2013, 00:37   #12
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Yes, a KJW 1911 can use both.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2013, 21:23   #13
Tojo

I was looking at one of those myself. I like the look of the 1911, but the price was too much, so instead I got a Umarex Walther P99.
It has blowback, metal slide and very C02 efficient.
It cost me $90, plus tax and shipping
Tojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2013, 21:25   #14
Tojo

Umarex Walther P99 FPS 380 tops, but only in warm wether as it is gas.
Tojo is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion