Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Help finding a lightweight CO2 NON-Blowback M1911

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old April 22nd, 2013, 16:43   #1
Moosh89

Help finding a lightweight CO2 NON-Blowback M1911

Hey everyone!

I have been searching ever since I got into airsoft, for an M1911 pistol, ideally a lightweight AEP, but it seems there is no such thing, so my next best bet is CO2 powered.

I know they're out there but my "Google-fu" is failing me. I can only seem to find full metal CO2 M1911s that are described as "heavy weight".

To give some perspective, I have the Aftermath Stunt Police John K. and I really like it's weight at 1.2lbs. , I can hold it and shoot it with one hand, which is perfect. I got it because it looks a lot like the Smith & Wesson M39 (I will be modifiying the handle to make it resemble the M39 even more). It DOES have blowback, but its literally nothing, haha... I think it was just a novelty thing, but I am worried that a CO2 blowback might have a big "kick".

Now I am after the M1911, hopefully in the full 9 inch length AND a 5 inch length, (or either).

The reason being is that in my favourite films/universe, the ALIENS franchise, the M1911 is referred to as the M4A3 (in the regular 9 inch length) and the M4A5 [correction, the M4A4 in the standard 9 inch length] (in the 5 inch compact length, which generally has all the "bells and whistles", like laser sight ;P )

BUT!!, it NEEDS to be plastic construction! due to my disabilities, and NON- BLOWBACK! (or rather no big "kick")

Thanks!

Last edited by Moosh89; April 23rd, 2013 at 19:34..
Moosh89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2013, 16:49   #2
Danke

This one is bang on!

http://black-tactical.com/store/repl...dart-gun-p-509
Old April 22nd, 2013, 17:25   #3
Moosh89

Not sure if you're serious, I'm thinking tis a joke

for real though...

One thing I wanted to add is that it should have a fairly easy trigger pull, My Aftermath one is pretty good. I will keep plugging away at this if no one can find one
Old April 22nd, 2013, 17:36   #4
redneck12

No joke until you are AV'd no one will tell you where to get a gun its the forum rules, but most GBBP's don't kick that bad just go to a local game and see if you can try some out. And if you find that they kick too bad for your disability you can try running duster gas in a pistol which will drop the FPS and the kick down to where it might be more managable for you. When they say heavy or big kick thats just a gimmick to sell them they really don't kick any wher near what a real pistol would.
redneck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2013, 17:56   #5
Danke

Well it seems that my suggestion is still the front runner.

If you modify your profile to show where you live folks are going to chime in on where you can get age verified near by. A fair lot of the current places are in retail locations where you can go hands on with the hardware as they check your bona fides.

If you are under 18 the suggestions are going to just get worse.

If you say you're over 18 but refuse to get age verified because you don't feel like it the suggestions will get worse and you'll receive a fair amount of personal abuse and skepticism.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 17:59   #6
Moosh89

Yes, I am aware of the Age Verification rule, however, although I am WELL over the age limit, I was not asking where to purchase a gun, I am simply asking what brand should I be looking at.

And thanks for the tips, I will definitely be looking into some of that if I can't find one.

As for heavyness, you are talking to someone who has literally tried almost every airsoft gun in my nearest Cabelas, my infamous "lift test" hahaha!, most of them failed my testing.

I now tend to stick to the $60 and under price range, due to the fact that they are generally lighter in weight.

I did find one that looks promising!, however, I have only found it on the American site "HobbyTron", and they do not ship this particular model to Canada, and the ad title has a very generic name for the model

http://www.hobbytron.com/GreenGasST1...tol.html#39009

Must keep searching... :[

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Well it seems that my suggestion is still the front runner.

If you modify your profile to show where you live folks are going to chime in on where you can get age verified near by. A fair lot of the current places are in retail locations where you can go hands on with the hardware as they check your bona fides.

If you are under 18 the suggestions are going to just get worse.

If you say you're over 18 but refuse to get age verified because you don't feel like it the suggestions will get worse and you'll receive a fair amount of personal abuse and skepticism.
Haha, ya... I hear ya. I live in rural Northern Sask, the closest age verification person to me is still an hour and a half away in Cold Lake, AB (mongo007) who I've been private messaging... my pickle is with being physically challenged it is hard for me to get out, especially in the winter/gross spring. It's not that I don't want to be age verified, or that I won't get age verified, it is Mother Nature just being cruel and not letting me :[

Quite frustrating, to say the least...

Last edited by Moosh89; April 22nd, 2013 at 18:05..
Old April 22nd, 2013, 18:18   #7
redneck12

Well if you get a chance to go to a game try out a stock TM 1911 if anyone there has one, TM pistols are high quality and they come stock full plastic. They are a bit pricy but worth it. They can be modded to look any which way you can think of looks and performance wise. And they will out last the crapsoft stuff you find a Wallymart, Cabellas or CT. Just to note no pistol will be importable by you they don't meet the FPS requirements but if you find one that may meet your needs you can always try a Canadian retailer to bring one in for you.
redneck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2013, 18:20   #8
BennyBoy

Try TM, they're blowback but plastic slide which will me lighter. Their 1911 mags aren't heavy like h&k mags.
Was gonna say kjw 1911 but the transparent ones suck and the full metal one will fail your lift test. Do you plan on playing in an airsoft game with it r

! On mobile; sorry for any spelling mistakes or autocorrects!
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2013, 18:31   #9
Danke

The Wingun 1911 is probably your only choice. I've got no idea where to find on in Canada though.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 18:38   #10
Moosh89

Haha, oh gosh, can you imagine??

Wow, no haha... I haven't ever planned or will ever plan to participate in games. I'd be a gigantic rolling target. I'm more of a target/brother shooter...

TM, as in Tokyo Marui? I've been scoping out their line of WinGun 1911s, they look promising as well

I found that Aftermath does in fact have a 1911, but I can't seem to find it anymore in Canada, it must be on its way out cause you can pick them up for $20 on sale in the states (if they're in stock)

I like my John K., but although I don't care for crazy FPS it is a little weak, Doesn't do much damage to a can, Its only like 150FPS though... I caught one to the knee cap from one of my brothers (what a dink!, shoots his little disabled sister in the effin' kneecap!??... He was like, "its OK, you don't walk anyway!" hahaha!) and it did sting quite a bit... enough to make me swear a blue streak that would make any rig pig, trucker or sailor blush... but then it was at point blank range too...

I'll take a break then keep on...

*Edit*, I keep ending up on the TSD 1911 CO2 pistol (by KJW)

http://www.airsplat.com/items/GP-304B-1911-CO.htm

I would totally jump on it, but it just looks off, it doesn't quite have that classic 1911 look. It has been modernized with a underbarrel rail and adjustable rear sights... I have seen it offered with a nice pistol case though. It will ship to Canada at 385FPS, so I guess if I can't find anything else I might come back to it. Also I have no idea about the weight of it.

Need to keep searching for those WinGuns here in Canada though...

Last edited by Moosh89; April 22nd, 2013 at 18:52..
Old April 22nd, 2013, 19:36   #11
BennyBoy

Most skrim games are laid back and no one will really care if you're slow moving. If you're wheel chair bound though the site may not be chair kosher.

Try other projectile guns maybe? Don't narrow just to airsoft guns if you dont plan on ginning.

! On mobile; sorry for any spelling mistakes or autocorrects!
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 18:29   #12
Moosh89

Well, airsoft isn't strictly just for skirmishes and games, they are great for target practice as well, which is what I use them for, and to get revenge on older brothers by way of nut shots or bald head shots.

After extensive searching, some M1911s are listed as having "heavy weight inserts" which could likely be removed, but even so, most average at around 700g to 850g, which is just about 1.5lbs... Not too bad

I really like the look of the classic 1911 frame, with the long beavertail and the rounded trigger gaurd but the TSD Sport 1911 and TSD 1911 are growing on me. One drawback is for some reason, the TSD Sport 1911 which comes with the case will not ship to Canada from AirsoftStation or Amazon, yet I can get the TSD 1911 without the case, which is pretty much the same gun as far as I can tell from AirSplat.

Only problem I see with the TSD 1911 now is after watching a video review, the demonstrator noted that while the safety is ON, the trigger is easy to pull, yet when the safety is OFF, in Firing mode, the trigger is very hard to pull.

Any comments regarding having it sent to one of the shops in Alberta (or even here in Sask) to have the spring for the trigger modified if I did pick it up? I had heard that it may be possible about 2 years ago when I joined AirsoftSociety forums and detailed my condition and desires for getting the right gun
Old April 23rd, 2013, 20:21   #13
Danke

Long & heavy trigger pull is normal on a non blow back.

They run double action only as the hammer has to be reset. The safety will disconnect so the pull gets lighter.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 20:30   #14
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

On a nbb you can cock the hammer befor you shoot thatll give it a hair trigger.
If you are able to hold with both hands then a regular gbb doesnt have a huge ammount of kick (less the a 22LR in a handgun)
Even with one hand its not a whole lot and im sure youll get used to it itll help with developing the muscles in your arms and hands. Even a full metal gbb running on propane or green gas it wont have a whole heap of kick and will only weigh about 2-2.5 lb. Running on co2 will increase the kick a bit and the velocity. And a gbb will have a much nicer trigger pull then a non blowback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 23:59   #15
Moosh89

Thanks for the info guys!

I haven't found any GBBs that I'm comfortable with trying, this TSD 1911 seems to be the front runner so far. It will have to wait for about a month since I have spent all I am allowing myself to spend this month by sending my brother some money to get me stuff from the Calgary Comic Expo since I won't be making it this time, and ordering a holster for a replica gun I just finished customizing so I need to let my account cool off before I burn through the rest of my savings that should be going towards a new computer for work!

I will keep looking in the meantime to see if I can find a GBB that fits the criteria. I hope you guys will have your memory jogged and post here if you think you find one that weighs about 1.5lbs and has that "classic" 1911 shape, and isn't over $100 shipped (I know, You can call me a cheap @$$ but I prefer "thrifty"!)
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion