GSPEC Hopup Issues

:

Doctor's Corner

Old August 1st, 2005, 22:47   #1
Kane

Send a message via MSN to Kane
GSPEC Hopup Issues

Im just throwing this out there to see what other folks think:

Stock VSR10 firing .25s. The hopup is all the way engaged.... but I still have bbs dropping the same as if the hopup was disengaged. I've fired at least a couple hundred rounds through it, taken it apart and inspected it but it looks fine to me. Any thoughts...?

Cheers, Brent
“You hear the far-off crack of a rifle, your fate finally registering in your subconscious far too late as the white hot bullet penetrates your skull. Another round slams into the chamber even as your lifeless body falls to the ground…”---Unknown sniper

“Invisible souls leave .308 holes.”----USMC Recon Sniper
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2005, 03:42   #2
odp

Take it down until you get to this point.

You should now be able to look down the business end of the inner barrel toward where the cylinder would be. IIRC you should be able to see some of the hop-up packing and the effect moving the slider has on it. If it has no effect, then you have to work it out from there. Here are a few pages that have good illustrations of how it is supposed to look.

http://ww6.enjoy.ne.jp/~respectevo5/vsr.htm

http://www.rush-mania.com/arms/custom/vsr/new.html
odp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2005, 10:47   #3
Kane

As I had mentioned before, I've taken in down and inspected it, both internally and from the business end, and everything is working fine mechanically. I just want to know why it isn't having any effect on the fired bbs? Thanks anyways for your input though.

Brent
“You hear the far-off crack of a rifle, your fate finally registering in your subconscious far too late as the white hot bullet penetrates your skull. Another round slams into the chamber even as your lifeless body falls to the ground…”---Unknown sniper

Old August 2nd, 2005, 14:37   #4
odp

Does the hop-up have any effect when it's not engaged to the maximum? Having it cranked to maximum is generally not a good thing.
Old August 2nd, 2005, 22:51   #5
Kane

Yah, I'm getting the exact same performance with the hopup all the way 'on' as if it were 'halfway' on. There's also no jamming or misfeeding of bbs whatsoever with the hopup fully engaged. On my MP5, they would be jamming right, left and centre. Seems really weird to me! Really weird!

Old August 4th, 2005, 22:49   #6
Kane

If my thinking is correct, when I upgrade the FPS, it should put more of a backspin on the bb and the hopup should therefore be more effective. Correct?

Old August 5th, 2005, 00:18   #7
odp

I don't know if anyone can prove that.

What kind of range are you getting?
Old August 5th, 2005, 10:49   #8
Kane

Well... the bbs are level for say 125 feet, not too much more than that. After that, they drop off, and that's with the hopup jammed to the max. Never can I get bbs to fly above the plane of the gun.

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner