Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

King Arms FN P90?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old May 17th, 2012, 05:39   #1
BluntlyDumb

King Arms FN P90?

Haven't seen many reviews for this gun, (not even an unboxing..) minus the two on YouTube. Can anyone out there with this gun tell me what it's like, or if you don't have it but have experience with King Arms, what are their guns usually like?
BluntlyDumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 06:16   #2
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
King Arms guns are some of the best external quality with Damned good internal quality, My mostly stock king Arms M4, after slight external modification, has become my goto gun above my $600-1000 sunk into 416.

I have no experience with their P90s however.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 07:39   #3
venture

I just ordered a couple for Venture Airsoft. Should be here in a couple of weeks.

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 02:06   #4
▼Stripes▲

I just bought one today. Haven't had time to do a full internal review but I can run you through the basics if it helps. I'll point out this is my first p90 it's a nearly complete impulse buy as a tax-return present to myself.

Alright first of all the gun is a brick, That is boxy and heavy, I'd say just as heavy as a full metal M4 maybe even a bit more so. Though it's very well balanced and pointable when against your shoulder. The main body is made of textured ABS( might get pretty slippery if your hands get sweaty) with some Zinc alloy( pot metal right?) components, Rails, slide, carry handle. It has enough battery space for an 8.4 mini or an 11.1 brick lipo (that I've tested so far) .

The inner barrel is the same length as a G36c which are pretty accurate imo so you don't sacrifice much for the size(Though I guess that's the same for all p90s). The iron sights are a little uncomfortable but they're beneath the top rail so they'll always be there without getting in the way. There's a cutaway on the barrel tip which makes putting barrel attatchments a bit of a pain but if you're slow and careful it shouldn't be a problem. So far I like it a lot. I'm going to battle test it on Monday and bring a performance report.
▼Stripes▲ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 13:20   #5
PrIeSt
takagari

Send a message via MSN to PrIeSt Send a message via Skype™ to PrIeSt
Everything I have heard thus far says solid body. and internals "should" be 1:1 TM fit. So easy for upgrades.

I'll be buying one this summer.
I was hoping they would release a Dark earth or Tan Variant.
PrIeSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 04:53   #6
lx5fq

So, any one who bought it pls review, give pictures of internals and others. Remember the time you seeked these info's and found none.

1. What is the body made of, is is ABS like others or does it have a fiberish structure?
2. What is the gerbox metal quality, what kind of bushings doest it have? plastic, metal or ball bearing? Are they standard size or Tm type(one is oval)?
3. Does the nozzle have oring on it or is it a standard transparent plastic type?
4. What is the cilinderhead made of, plastic or metal?
5. Piston quality, form 1~10. Plastic teeth or metal?
6. piston head, standard ACM type or enhaced? doest is have ball bearings?
7. Spring guide, simple or metal ball bearings? Is it compatible withe v3, v2 old type(square profile of the fixation ears) or v2 new type(round bar fixatin ears)?
8. Cilinder quality and type.. is it ported or full cilinder?
9. Contacts, are they made of transparent plastic(like ACM) or a better material?
10. Airthight hop-up chamber? plastic or metal?
11. King arms p90 mags high cappa, are they any good? usualy p90 high cappa is verry verry easy to break on the internals, the Acm/Asia Electric Gun versions. Is this one better? how many games did u use it?
12. KA midcaps, 100 bbs. Is the material of the casing of good quality or easy to crack? How do they feed on lower quality bbs? the MAG 170 rounds chokes on them, they misfeed and double feed, and because of the doublestack, one shot goes far, one at 5 meters..

And if you observe more than I coverd with this questiones please post that info too.
lx5fq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 07:22   #7
MonnoncMaxou

There are two main versions of this gun.

The ABS plastic body version and the nylon fiber body version. The nylon fiber version is MUCH nicer (ABS is shiny with no feel) AND the nylon body version has a quick change spring. A friend of mine bought one recently and had to have it special ordered by our local airsoft shop. He was never able to find it in stock in Canada.

As far as performance goes, it's seems solid. It fires straight and far enough. ROF isn't bad. There are 4 different iron sights on the gun which can be practical. It has full tactical rails and FN Herstal markings. Installing a silencer DOES make the gun very very quiet. It's very light but holding it takes a little getting used to I think.

The only magasines you will want are the King Arms ones. Others will jam this gun. Also, don't forget that the battery is a specially shaped one.

Last edited by MonnoncMaxou; October 29th, 2012 at 07:26..
MonnoncMaxou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 08:14   #8
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonnoncMaxou View Post

The only magasines you will want are the King Arms ones. Others will jam this gun.
I highly doubt that. Any decent quality lowcap/midcap should work fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonnoncMaxou View Post
Also, don't forget that the battery is a specially shaped one.
If you get a 9.6v yes. If you get 8.4v, it's just a normal mini pack.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 08:30   #9
venture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
I highly doubt that. Any decent quality lowcap/midcap should work fine.

If you get a 9.6v yes. If you get 8.4v, it's just a normal mini pack.
Good Points. I sell a China made 70 round midcap for P90 (AABB Company). http://ventureairsoft.ca/item.php?i=...926caefa5590ca

Customers have reported that they work better than the mag that comes with the gun.

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 09:19   #10
MonnoncMaxou

My mag comment is from research made by my friend who bought the P90. That's not to say there aren't good alternatives. Good to know Venture has such a product.
MonnoncMaxou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 10:25   #11
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

p90s in general are very finicky with midcaps. Every time I encounter a fellow p90 user I usually ask them about their experience with mags and note their brand.

The one brand that seems to have the most issues with midcaps is echo1/KS.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 11:12   #12
lx5fq

Thank you for your answers, but please help the comunity(including me) by answering to the specific questions i posted higher in the topic. those are very important details one should know about the gun. On all other vendors have detailed descriptions on many forums, but King Arms version is still a blank, and it's almost 6 months since it's been available. I'm going for Tan version, and for what i saw, they only come in nylon fiber version now.
lx5fq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 11:27   #13
Kos-Mos

I had the chance to handle one (from a friend's mystery box). I was not impressed.

This was the "TR" version.

The receiver is actually a RDS with a add-on rail kit. It is however VERY high to accommodate a M4-style iron sight (apperture + pin). Apparently King Arms had no idea what was the purpose of the two pins on each side of the receiver...
*EDIT* apparently it would be a replica of the FN M1913 USG rail kit to convert integrated optic to railed top.

They also added HUGE FN trades on both sides of the ejection port (2" large). Not present on the real gun and looks added for "look we have copyright" flashiness.

Plastic quality is on par with TM. Nothing special there and after a few rough handling it start to creak like a TM.

Upper receiver is pot-metal and nothing to be impressed.

All-in all, you are better ordering a china-made P90 from HK than getting the rebranded bastard gun that King Arms sells.

Also, the included highcap jams all the time (as anythine else). TM one I had lying around seems to be better, but occasionally jam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venture View Post
Good Points. I sell a China made 70 round midcap for P90 (AABB Company). http://ventureairsoft.ca/item.php?i=...926caefa5590ca

Customers have reported that they work better than the mag that comes with the gun.
That is because it's a low cap, no double stack.
Good to know you have theses, I will send you my friend (who just got the gun talked about above.

Last edited by Kos-Mos; October 29th, 2012 at 11:36..
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 11:29   #14
L473ncy

So it used to be that *the* P90 to get was the Echo1 version but now with KA's P90 (and at a pretty reasonable price too) is this still the case or is it beneficial to buy the KA version and do upgrades on that.

Does KA still have that inconsistent piston o-ring issue? How about the cutoff lever same material as their V2's or is it redesigned and better to not deform and stop working after a lot of semi auto usage? Anyone drop in upgrade parts into it yet? Are they relatively consistent to TM spec (ie. will a Guarder FTK for P90 drop in into the KA or is it like the CYMA V7 vs the TM V7 where it's relatively close to TM spec, but off enough to require a lot of modification for part fitment)?
Old October 29th, 2012, 11:29   #15
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by venture View Post
That's an understatement. P90 hicaps are known to be the worst type of hicaps out there!

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion