Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Ares SL-8

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old July 29th, 2011, 11:16   #1
Enjoi

Ares SL-8

So I recently Obtained an SL-8 by Ares and absolutely love the thing. It`s not a G36 Conversion, The full blown thing. This thread mainly cries out to current owners of STAR/ARES SL-8`s and SL-9`s.

However I`m having a few issues with it already...

First off... Battery Life... I read up some other reviews online of the battery to get, 8.4`s or 9.6`s were reccomended so I grabbed one. However Jesus Christ does the thing chew up battery!!! O get MAYBE 15-30mins of shooting time with it. I`m thinking of trying a 9.6v 2200mah and see if that solves the issue..but im retarded anyways so let me know what you have in Yours.

Second thing,

Trigger response....It`s very awkward, compared to my RS Type56 its a zip zip zip as soon as i pull the trigger down,
With my SL8....If i dont pull the trigger hard it doesnt sound like it does anything, and then sounds like the battery has died, untill i switch it into full auto and fire...it fixes that issue but I`d rather use this as a semi-only gun. Makes a click click sound like your out of ammo in Counterstrike lol.

Third...Springs....
Gun came with a 410 or 430 FPS spring... I cant remember..but only puts out about 210 FPS with .25`s I purchased an M90 spring figuring: "okay lemme try this indoor" and the result sucked even more. I have decided not to use this gun at all for Indoors and keep it an exclusive Outdoor rifle or something.

Please SL-8 and SL-9 Owners! Help me out!
Old August 21st, 2011, 22:27   #2
Reckless

... sounds like your gearbox just needs some love...

sounds like you've got compression issues (your low fps for such a heavy spring) , maybe some shimming, and possibley a motor too weak to pull the spring?

the semi clicky clicky thing is sorta normal ... semi auto seizure (theres a whole thread in the doc section on it) .. flip to auto clear it up.. continue on

possible shimming and motor strength for the lack of battery life .. if they aren't happy yanking back a heavy spring ..

Quote:
"SIR!, you've gone mad with power!"
"Ofcourse I have, you ever gone mad without power, it's useless, no one pays any attention"
The Cavalry Comes
Reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion