Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Immediate Gas Leak

:

Doctor's Corner

Old May 19th, 2010, 21:20   #1
Kingly

Immediate Gas Leak

All of my pistol magazine are working wonderfully; but just my luck I have one thats being a little pain.

As soon as I attempt to fill the mag (with green gas), it sprays right out the top of the magazine. I don't know if this is a quick fix or maybe i'm being simple.

Input appreciated. Cheers,
Kingly
Kingly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2010, 21:21   #2
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

MINE TOO!!! I think, not sure, but I think its the valve? I'm going to try replacing the valve when I get home tonight, will let you know what happens.
If you were trying to insert a magazine into another magazine then I guess that would be indeed ghey. Inserting a magazine in a magwell seems rather hetero to me. The tape is merely metro, calling it ghey is rather absurd and makes it hard for the metro magazines to socialize with other magazines.
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2010, 21:23   #3
Kingly

That sucks because the mag that's causing the problem; I got it 2 days ago, and only fired about 50-75 bbs through it :'(
Old May 19th, 2010, 21:28   #4
HeadlessChicken

I had a few gushers, sometimes brand new. I was told that using some light silicon oil and working the valve at the same time will help remedy leaks. Got 3 of my pistol mags and 1 of my GBBR mags working by doing this.
"Hey I'm the first one to say its a great country but its a straaaaange culture. This is a place where gun store owners are given a list of stolen credit cards but not a list of CRIMINALS and MANIACS. And now they're thinking of banning toy guns...AND THEY'RE GONNA KEEP THE F**KING REAL ONES!"
-George Carlin 1937 - 2008 (RIP buddy)
HeadlessChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2010, 21:28   #5
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

I am much happier knowing it's the mag and not the gun.
If you were trying to insert a magazine into another magazine then I guess that would be indeed ghey. Inserting a magazine in a magwell seems rather hetero to me. The tape is merely metro, calling it ghey is rather absurd and makes it hard for the metro magazines to socialize with other magazines.
Old May 20th, 2010, 07:09   #6
Dart

yup put about 4 drops of heavier sillicon oil in where the gas comes out. Work the valve in and out while doing this. Than when you go to fill the first few times make sure its just after you put a few drops in your adapter. Your gonna get shitty shots for the first few mags but it will swell up.

oh and let it sit for a while with the oil in the top. Another thing I have done is take the fill valve out and put some oil directly inside the mag via the hole. Let the mag sit upside down for a while this should get things going as well.
Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 07:41   #7
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyStubby View Post
I am much happier knowing it's the mag and not the gun.
You make it sound like you are filling the mag while it's in the gun. Lol
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 13:04   #8
Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
haha, I think you're right. I didn't even notice that.
Old May 20th, 2010, 13:52   #9
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post

So that's why I have such a hard time getting the BBs in the mag....It all makes sense now
Old May 20th, 2010, 17:44   #10
Kingly

Under closer scrutiny, it is evident that the magazine that is leaking the gas, its valve (proper part? Im not 100% familiar with GBB pistols) is pushed slightly inward. Is it fixed if I simply take a multi-tool and pull the valve outward?
Photo attached, sorry about shitty quality...
Attached Images
File Type: bmp problem ma.bmp (900.1 KB, 12 views)
Old May 20th, 2010, 18:20   #11
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

Mine works now just took the valve out and put a shitload of silicon oil in there. Put it all back together again and voila!! Even did a soapy water test and there wasn't a single bubble.
Old May 20th, 2010, 18:33   #12
Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyStubby View Post
Mine works now just took the valve out and put a shitload of silicon oil in there. Put it all back together again and voila!! Even did a soapy water test and there wasn't a single bubble.
Well done I'm still trying to get my mag back to working order again
Old May 20th, 2010, 19:20   #13
Kingly

Does anyone have any thoughts on the situation?
Old May 20th, 2010, 19:51   #14
Jackarutu

Send a message via Skype™ to Jackarutu
on some recent socom gear 1911s I just sold one of the mags did as you described. I took the mag totally apart and found plating flash chips floating around inside the mag. Cleaned it and lubed it and bob's your uncle.
Old May 20th, 2010, 20:39   #15
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

Hey, just wanna make sure, you took out the valve and put some silicon oil in there. I put a LOT in the mag, so much it was dripping out. At first the gas vented right away but then after trying again, woooot!!!

I know exactly how you feel man, I still have no idea what was causing it, I even took the mag completely apart and re-did the gasket and put more silicon on it.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner