This noob got ideas!

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old October 15th, 2008, 14:53   #31
ShelledPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt491 View Post
Worst reasons to buy any airsoft gun.

Buy for performance, reliability, and practicality first. Once you have a decent primary down to game with, then purchase for "personal" reasons. IMO
Well at least he's doing that at the same time. The P90, while I find ugly as sin, is a GREAT weapon for CQB, and with a few easy mods, can have the same reach as an AK in the field (AK inner barrel). With lipo's getting more popular (hint hint, I sell them) you can stuff two in parallel in a P90 with a longer butt plate and have 7.4v at 3200mah driving a 400fps spring at 20 bb's per second.

My only grievance with the system, is the expensive and bulky mags, but their real cap is 50 bb's per mag, which is HUGE for Mil Sim and at the same time, good for skirmishes.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2008, 15:04   #32
Ktown Militia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessChicken View Post
Thats because, from what I've been reading, that bullpup designs allow for a longer barrel for such a short weapon and long barrels usually mean accuracy over range. I'm getting it more for because I'm a fan of Stargate plus I love the design since doing some research into the real deal. Its also 1 of my favorite rushing weapons in CoD4 and my favorite secondary for Rainbox Six Vegas 2.
oh dear..... like the above posts, this isnt the best idea for buying an AEG. Sure it suits your comsmetic preference, but you also want to look into durablitity, compatibility,etc.
Old October 15th, 2008, 17:01   #33
HeadlessChicken

I'm primarily going to be collection, I'm not sure just how deep I want to get into airsoft just yet. From what I've been reading, most scrims/milsim (or whatever the term is) takes place outside the city of Toronto. First off, I don't have my full G license (so no highways for me) since I don't really need because I primarily take TTC to where ever I go and secondly, I don't have my own car. I can occasionally drive my mother's Jimmy which is used every weekdays for her to get to work.

So for now, I'm looking at aesthetics with some balance with reliability and durability. Once I get a feel for it and hopefully my raise/promotion comes through (was promised like 1 month ago so I ain't holding my breath) I might go deeper into this hobby.
"Hey I'm the first one to say its a great country but its a straaaaange culture. This is a place where gun store owners are given a list of stolen credit cards but not a list of CRIMINALS and MANIACS. And now they're thinking of banning toy guns...AND THEY'RE GONNA KEEP THE F**KING REAL ONES!"
-George Carlin 1937 - 2008 (RIP buddy)
HeadlessChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2008, 01:44   #34
matt491

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessChicken View Post
I'm primarily going to be collection, I'm not sure just how deep I want to get into airsoft just yet. From what I've been reading, most scrims/milsim (or whatever the term is) takes place outside the city of Toronto. First off, I don't have my full G license (so no highways for me) since I don't really need because I primarily take TTC to where ever I go and secondly, I don't have my own car. I can occasionally drive my mother's Jimmy which is used every weekdays for her to get to work.
There's 2 local indoor places in Toronto. One in Scarborough, one in North York (i believe it is). Don't just research guns and gear, look into games and stuff too. Get out to them, see the real deal and see what you like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
It will help to not get you flamed here, and will help you get a job that doesn't require the repeated use of the phrase "Would you like fries with that?"
matt491 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion