Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Missfeeding issues

:

Doctor's Corner

Old July 14th, 2005, 15:40   #16
stev0__

i use to have that same problem with my new M16 Thermamold hicap and all i pretty much had to do was just put some cheap bb's in my mag make sure it was full and fire alot of them out on full auto and just give it pretty good use. I still dont have full use of my mag though its at about 3/4 use but it used to barely shoot 1/4 also put like a drop of lube in the mag and that will help it a bit to.
Old July 14th, 2005, 17:15   #17
siufay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper Steve
Is it possible that the piston is sucking air in instead of pushing it out because I put my finger on the thing that the air is pushed through and it felt like it was sucking. I hope I can figure out what is wrong with it.

the piston suppose to be sucking air in after the shot..where do u think the air comes from?
Old July 14th, 2005, 17:43   #18
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb

Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
It shouldn't be sucking very much. The forward movement of the piston forces air into the piston head, engorging the o-ring, creating a seal. On rearward movement, the o-ring should be loose, and air should be able to flow around the piston head. It might be sucking if you used lithium or other thick lube on the piston head.
Old July 14th, 2005, 17:58   #19
Sniper Steve

Send a message via MSN to Sniper Steve
This is not just for one mag but for all my mags.
Sniper Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2005, 18:00   #20
damage

Send a message via Yahoo to damage
what TM M16 variant was it? what kind of mags are you using? may I ask.
Old July 14th, 2005, 22:09   #21
Sniper Steve

It is the M16 A2 and I tested it with both a 300 round hi-cap and 60 round low-cap.
Old July 15th, 2005, 02:15   #22
damage

Send a message via Yahoo to damage
well have you opened the mechbox yet? sounds like a broken tappet plate.
Old July 15th, 2005, 18:21   #23
Sniper Steve

No I have not because I do not have the right sized allen key. The nozzle moves back and forth so would that mean that the tappet plate is still ok?
Old July 17th, 2005, 13:25   #24
Sniper Steve

Ok I opened up my mech box and the tappet plate is okay but I need some help timing the gears
Old July 17th, 2005, 19:27   #25

Rotate bevel and spur gears backwards until anti-reversal latch will engage and lock both of them, than insert sector gear, make sure that little knob is at around 1 o'clock.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2005, 08:23   #26
Sniper Steve

When you say around one o'clock you mean right before it engages the tappet plate?

Anyone have anymore ideas why my gun is missfeeding because the tappet plate is not broken, the same problem happens with all my mags and I put on a new hop-up sleeve.

Also if anyone knows of anyone in the Thunder Bay, ON area that knows how to fix and modify airsoft please tell me.
Old July 18th, 2005, 11:47   #27

Yup, right before that little knob hits tappet plate.

Edit, I had double feeding/misfeeding problem during last game. Sometimes gun would fire 2 bbs and than 4-5 blanks than more bbs etc. Don't really know which part exactly caused it. I took mechbox apart and replaced a bunch of parts I was planing to replace Do an inspection of nozzle/cylinder head/piston head since you already opened it up. Maybe parts just reached their limit. Btw, does tappet plate have any major scratches/small chunks of plastic missing? It might not be broken, just worn too much to work properly.
If you won't be able to find someone with experinece in your area, mail is another option you also have. Send it over to closest gun doc.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2005, 18:50   #28
Sniper Steve

Thanks for the advice but I feel like an idiot because it was something super simple. The little spring on the front of the hop-up was pushing the barrel and hop-up back too far and the BB's could not get by so I took it out and like magic it was shooting thousands of rounds with out missfeeding. Thanks again for everyones help because it is great to see how helpful everyone is.
Old July 19th, 2005, 08:45   #29
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by 666
Rotate bevel and spur gears backwards until anti-reversal latch will engage and lock both of them, than insert sector gear, make sure that little knob is at around 1 o'clock.
Another way of looking at it (which I discovered while working on a G&P SPR which has a 1/4" 'knobby thingy" as opposed to the 1/8" one found on other sector gears........... set it at 1 o'clock and you are actually setting it too far advanced) is to set the gear so there is about 1mm of space between the knob and the edge of the tappet plate. To much distance between and the spring/piston won't get pulled back far enough to get released by the sector gear. Actually touching the tappet plate won't allow the nozzle to move fully forward to load BBs or provide enough seal to fire the BBs properly.

Good = (Knob center) at 1 O'clock OR rear edge of knob ~1mm distance between edge of tappet plate. It's not as hard as it seems, just have to hold the anti-reversal latch, lift the sector gear and rotate one way or the other for one gear tooth worth.

Bad = Anything else.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner