Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old October 11th, 2008, 13:02   #16
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktown Militia View Post
I use 6mm .25g bbs for tmy tm ak-47
.20 bbs for my we 1911 hicappa
Ive never seen anyone use anything other than 6mm in the field before, as most guns fucntion better with 6mm.
Guns ONLY function with 6mm (or 8mm in some cases)

Lythinca: Sounds like you have a piece of governement ID or two, so you should be fine (birth certificate should do it)

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2008, 13:03   #17
Capt.Flan

opcorn:
Capt.Flan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2008, 13:07   #18
Love
formerly Lythinca

Location: You know that Home Depot on King st? Yeah, no where near there.
Send a message via AIM to Love Send a message via MSN to Love
The thing is, My birth cert is in horrible condition like I said. I cant really bring it anywhere with me. Getting a new one takes a long time, I think.

Also, what about the underage and guardian question that I asked?

Last edited by Love; October 11th, 2008 at 13:13..
Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2008, 13:17   #19
Karnage

Send a message via MSN to Karnage
It depends on the field, some are strictly 18+, others let 16+ play with the approval of a guardian/parent that would also be present.

http://www.torontoairsoft.com : Free shipping on Orders over $300!

Sorry I can no longer keep up with PMs. Please use the contact form on the website to reach TorontoAirsoft.com staff.
Karnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2008, 13:18   #20
Love
formerly Lythinca

Nice. Thats good to know.
Old October 11th, 2008, 13:21   #21
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lythinca View Post
The thing is, My birth cert is in horrible condition like I said. I cant really bring it anywhere with me. Getting a new one takes a long time, I think.

Also, what about the underage and guardian question that I asked?
Some type of ID with a photo and a birthdate will serve you best. Maybe a driver's license perhaps?

A birth certificate would seem useless as there is no way for the verifier to tie it to you. I got into far too many bars and X-rated movies by knowing how to spell someone else's name backwards myself.
Danke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2008, 14:00   #22
Beazer

Gov issued ID is the only acceptable form of primary ID, as in a driver's license, armed forces ID, and a passport.

If you don't have one then you should aquire some otherwise your setting yourself up bad.

You should be able to get an ID card from your local auto insurers. Not expensive.

A birth certificate is only good for secondary ID, and guardian's can only be blood related.
Beazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2008, 14:03   #23
Love
formerly Lythinca

You sure its only blood related? My stepdad has been my legal guardian on many occassions. When I was younger, my mom went to jail. He was then my legal guardian until she got out 3 weeks later. I've also had my friends dad get me into a paintball field as he signed to be my guardian.

Nor, does the defination of a legal guardian say he/she has to be blood related. Hmm.
Old October 11th, 2008, 14:35   #24
Tech

Send a message via MSN to Tech
legal guardian is the person responsible for your actions, so it is anyone of age who signed for you.
Dammit, White Knight never should have made this, now Planters is gonna show this picture to the entire internet saying "This is when I cleared the cornfield outside of Baghdad and found Saddam Hussein! DRRRRR I'M BLACKWATER!!! DRRRR! Oh hai Ronan! *insert ***** in mouth*"
Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2008, 14:42   #25
Love
formerly Lythinca

Thought so! Hmm, well I could sign for the other members of the team then. Awesome. I appreciate the help guys.
Old October 11th, 2008, 14:55   #26
Skladfin

passport?, drivers?
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2008, 14:55   #27
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

Quote:
well I could sign for the other members of the team then. Awesome.
I don't think any field owners will allow that since you are still VERY new to the sport.

Quote:
Also, some other questions.
These may have been awnsered before, if so I am sorry for not searching.
Don't be sorry, just take a few mins and SEARCH! Its obvious you know that we hate it when people don't search, so why are you asking anyways...

On another note, Id cards are cheap from the government, and depending on the line up that day, they take no time at all to have made up.

People, please read his post -- STOP suggesting the use of a drivers license.

Last edited by Cobrajr122; October 11th, 2008 at 14:58.. Reason: Grammar
Cobrajr122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2008, 15:17   #28
Retro

In BC you can just go down the the DMV and get your picture taken and the give you a BC ID. It looks exactly like a DL except you cant drive with it, different color banner on top. I think it costs like $20 or something.
Old October 11th, 2008, 17:06   #29
Love
formerly Lythinca

Hmm. Well, right now I'm debating something.

A Crossman M70 (Looks like a Mini MP5), is at Canadian Tire for $50 (Incl. Tax). Sure, its probably a crappy gun, due to it being clearsoft but its all I need for right now.

Or, I could get a Crossman R70 (Looks like a M4A1) for about $130.

Or, I could get another gun that looks like a MP5-PDW with Silencer and with goggles and a pistol for $120.

I'm thinking about just getting the M70, due to me already having Goggles and a Pistol and not needing another set. I'm tempted to buy off the net, but the M70 so far looks like the cheapest automatic Crapsoft gun that I can get. (Other than that peice of crap Daisy Mini Kalashnikov thats $20.)

Sure, I could save up more for a better gun, but right now I'm just after a gun that will be good for just playing with a group of friends until we actually get a real team together or something. Sure, I could save up just a little more and get a "better" crapsoft gun off the net, but then I have to pay shipping, and wait 1-2 weeks for it to arrive.

What are your opinions on my situation? The M70 is like probably the best CHEAP beginner crapsoft gun, in my eyes. And, if I go out and buy it tonight, I'll have it tonight with no wait times and such.

Also, I see a lot of videos on youtube about kids hooking up another 2 batteries in a series to certain guns to DOUBLE the firerate. Is that a good idea? My guess is that it would decrease accuracy or damage the electric motor inside the gun.
Old October 11th, 2008, 17:47   #30
L473ncy

OK. First things first, get verified cause you don't know how much stuff is being sold for your price range.

Also I believe that you can go to your local DMV and get a picture ID (in BC it's called BCID exactly like a DL except it's not, different background and it says on it THIS IS NOT A DRIVERS LICENCE).

You could always go and test for your G2 or whatever it's called and get a Photo ID that way. I mean you're 18 so your parents don't have to sign for you or whatever (in BC if you're under 18 you have to get your parents to sign for you to get your Learners)

As for purchasing right now, don't and save your money. ________ was doing an order but the place he was getting from ran out. You can easily get a cheap gun off the classifieds, also there are other clearsoft that just need a shimming, and some paint and you should be able field them.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion