Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

sniper advice needed

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old May 14th, 2007, 17:36   #16
Droc
good luck finding one that wont require selling off a vital organ.
Old May 14th, 2007, 19:00   #17
Swatt Six-Four
Formally SwattMedic

You might want to consider a TM M-14 for your purchase. Great preformance out of the box. A few little upgrades and the range and power it weilds is outstanding. Just my 2 cents

"Pain is just a symptom of weakness leaving the body"
-Herb Ferh
Swatt Six-Four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 19:26   #18
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
The CA G36 has a fiberglass body (or "glass fiber" as CA calls it). Other than that, nail on the head. Mine is completely stock other than a 6.04mm tightbore. Range is awsome and even the stock accuracy was pretty good, even better now with the tighbore but I haven't been able to game with it yet.

The gun is also very solid, no creak or movement when you pick it up or anything. Not too heavy either.
Ok guys, you got me, been quite a few G36s since I dealt with Lutnit's CA G36, maybe I just took the "CA has metal body" from past knowledge and mixed the two. Still, the CA G36 is the best shooting for the minimum upgrades.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 19:58   #19
Cassius

I've been meaning to ask, since we're talking snipers, what is the advantage of a springer sniper rifle out of the box??

I'm looking for my next buy and I'm currently uncertain between an M14 or a VSR10 G-Spec; I love the bolt action yet I know that the M14 is an AEG and would basically require only a better spring and barrel to make it kick some ass while for the VSR10, I have no idea how it performs out of the box and what it would need.

The CA M14 Match looks amazing while at the same time the TM VSR10 G-Spec does look amazing as well.
Old May 14th, 2007, 20:22   #20
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

M14 requires less upgrade parts (aka $$$$) than the Gspec does. Gspec has a serious design flaw with the sear, if you upgrade the spring, the sear snaps. Upgrade the sear, it snaps later on..............happened to a teammate, he kept snapping upgraded sears until be paid $150 or so USD for the Zero Trigger unit and matching piston.

Best advice can be found on the www.airsoftretreat.com in the Snipers Perch regarding rifles, upgrading, tuning, etc. Very little can be found on here in comparison.
Old May 14th, 2007, 20:54   #21
Barf
Official ASC News Anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
I've been meaning to ask, since we're talking snipers, what is the advantage of a springer sniper rifle out of the box??
As a sniper I can tell you there is really only one advantage of a spring rifle....actually two. The main advantage is silence. If you play sniper at a game, there's nothing like have a well hidden position given away by the noise made by an AEG. Spring guns are relatively quiet compared to AEG's.

The second is BA's are easier to maintain, since you don't have to deal with the complexity of a gearbox.

Click For chinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by backspasm
"Did someone lose a condom, I found it in my shit"
Lightfighter can suck my cock. Fuckin' thieves!

Barf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 21:36   #22
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barf View Post
As a sniper I can tell you there is really only one advantage of a spring rifle....actually two. The main advantage is silence. If you play sniper at a game, there's nothing like have a well hidden position given away by the noise made by an AEG. Spring guns are relatively quiet compared to AEG's.

The second is BA's are easier to maintain, since you don't have to deal with the complexity of a gearbox.
I'll vouch for this guy, no one does 'projectile vomit' as far and as accurately as Barf does.

Oh ya, he has good points, a teammate and I swapped his VSR and CA M24 after a game, roughly 6ft apart, I noticed his VSR had a serious SPROING!!!! that ripped right through my cheekbone when I shot it, and he was kneeling beside me, he'd shoot and I was worried there was something seriously wrong with my M24 because it didn't sound like I was used to when I shot it. Turned out, I had become so used to the sound/feel of it when shooting, that when I stood within 10ft of it being shot, it was stupid quiet and I never heard it like that before. BTW, my KJW M700 is even MORE silent than my M24!
Old May 14th, 2007, 22:14   #23
MestHead

Yea, I would recommend an M14(TM, or CA which ever you prefer) with a nice scope, bi-pod, a ghille suit, a cover for your gun, like 4 hi-caps, goggles, and some sort of mag pouch, and of course some bbs to get you started as a sniper. You could also get an M15 and upgrade that for some better range and power, and a bipod + scope. If you are still concidering the role of sniper, a ghillie suit is a must, same with a cover on your gun, and alot patience. Definantly get age verified though, and get to know some of the local players in your area. Trust me, you will want to read up on this stuff and get to know people before purchasing any major equipment if you want to not screw up. The last thing people want is for some 15 year old kid to buy a gun and put this sport on the line. Now I'm not saying your a 15 year old kid who is going to screw this all up but I'm saying get to know everyone before making a big move.

-Phil Cara
MestHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 22:17   #24
Cassius

so basically, if I wanna go BA I might as well get a M24 or M700 but then again, I don't wanna snipe in games, I think I want one just for the look and for plinking....mmmh wonder wonder jimmy ponder. I'll check Airsoft Retreat out I guess, thanks
Old May 14th, 2007, 22:47   #25
Mongoose

I love the sound from my Tanaka M700 AICS...all you hear is a crisp thwap! You can barely hear it after 20ft. I did have a Sun Project M40A1 with the PDI 250% spring in it and a bitch to pull back all the time to recock. That made a chink sound ever time I shot that, a bit more noticable than my M700 AICS.
Old May 14th, 2007, 22:47   #26
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

As a sniper, the first thing you need to upgrade, is yourself.

Endurence, patience and dedication. Than, shooting skills, craftwork...

Many would be sniper infest a ton of money on their rifle, and they can't operate it well on the field. A good sniper is a guy you don't hear or see. It's a guy able to put a BB where it count and stay out of range and sight of AGE weilding guys.

Since we operate inside the ranges of other players, thoses skills are often put to the test.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 14:06   #27
c0ld

okay let's say G36 from Classic Army. I don't know much about upgrading, but let's say we upgrade it as much as possible? howmany fps would you reach with it?

plus, could I mount a scope on it? or do i have to buy an extra RIS Rails?

is there anyone positive about the M15a4 / M4 ? I don't hear anyone speaking about that rifle

or this one?

Last edited by c0ld; May 15th, 2007 at 14:15..
c0ld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 14:19   #28
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0ld View Post
okay let's say G36 from Classic Army. I don't know much about upgrading, but let's say we upgrade it as much as possible? howmany fps would you reach with it?

plus, could I mount a scope on it? or do i have to buy an extra RIS Rails?

is there anyone positive about the M15a4 / M4 ? I don't hear anyone speaking about that rifle

or this one?
Read up on the G36. There is tons of info on it. Generally, fully upgraded, you'd probably only be allowed a maximum of 400 FPS because it's an AEG, not a single-shot sniper rifle. As far as I know there are few fields (if any) that allow AEGs past 400.

Second, you would have to buy a rail made specifically for a G36 to be able to mount a scope. Most people buy the rail for the G36c and mount it on the G36 and put a scope on that.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 22:24   #29
Shale_

I recently got a (used) TM Vsr10. I dont know what upgrades it has but it goes about 360fps with 0.42 bb's. Doesnt go left or right (unless high winds), and goes over 300m.
Only problem is pulling back the bolt after every shot. Its not that its too hard, its just awkward when your lying down and trying to keep a low profile.
Very easy to maintain to. Just two screws and you can take it apart and fix the common problem and the bolt 'reversing'.
Hitting someone from 200m and watching them look around trying to see where the hell the bb came from, theres no better feeling.
Shale_ is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion