Shinjin_MC

Send a message via MSN to Shinjin_MC
I meant no aug a3 available in the airsofting world
only aug a3 Ive seen is a custom job done by some guy out in the philipines
Shinjin_MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2006, 21:23   #19
G3SG1

Send a message via MSN to G3SG1
Oh ya, I found that out a little while ago, its to bad, I really like the look of it...
G3SG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2006, 21:45   #20
tunabreath

wait for it. I recall reading that CA will release the AUG A3. They had listed the A1, A2, and 'RIS Version,' which we can presume to be the A3. Unless they're just including the full RAS reciever... That would suck... It's soooo close to being the A3, yet sooo far...

Also, the bottom picture is the heavy barreled sniper/LSW version (which ACTION also makes a kit of).
Old December 31st, 2006, 21:48   #21
lord_sid

Send a message via MSN to lord_sid
I think that Jet makes the conversion kit for the A3.

If you want to put a launcher on the bottom of the phantom kit, the bottom rail will most likely "not" support the weight of it.
lord_sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2007, 16:30   #22
G3SG1

tunabreath

Really? Did they announce that a while ago? I thought I read something about them releasing it in 07. Though I do love gun 3. You say its a sniper/LSW? I checked ACTION and could not find it there. I would love for that set up the most but after pricing it out the phantom is a LOT cheaper for me.

lord_sid

No I was wondering about that, the launcher didn't look like it was holding on to much. Although that looks like a full size launcher, it should be able to handle the half size ones. I'm not familiar with the weight of them but I figure is should be able to handle it. But I'm not planning on getting the launcher for it for a while, I'll probably just get the phantom kit with the PSG-1 tightbore barrel in a couple months and upgrade the internals a bit. I wouldn't really need the launcher anyways, I'm more of a support unit, so I never am in the front lines.
Old January 1st, 2007, 18:46   #23
G3SG1

Hey tunabreath, nvm I found the sniper set. I thought you said that ACTION was a company name:P. Its a pretty sweet set, I like it. Do you know off by heart if it fits the PSG-1 barrel? PSG-1 if I recall is 589 mm long which would be sweet in a full auto gun. Actually I just found that there is a 650mm PSG barrel! Dude I'm so going to try and put that in my gun! I'm still searching to find out what length of barrel I can fit in the sniper set, but if you know please post it.

Last edited by G3SG1; January 1st, 2007 at 19:25..
Old January 2nd, 2007, 10:27   #24
Koflach

Send a message via ICQ to Koflach
Quote:
Originally Posted by G3SG1 View Post
Well I priced out the AUG A3 and its a fair bit, like 800 bucks about by the time I got everything I wanted with it. So I think I may have to go with the Phantom style, not AS nice as the A3 but its not awful. When I have the money I'll probably go A3 style.

Heres what its going to look like. Cept I dunno about the launcher...:P

Actually, lol I think I'll have to get the launcher

Hey, just a warning for you about the phantom kit. As big as it looks in the pictures, it feels even bigger. I had the kit on my Aug about 4 years ago and I don't think I ever actually used the long part of the barrel in a game as it just wasn't practical. The kit itself is awesome but just be fore warned, it is really long.
Old January 2nd, 2007, 10:37   #25
Jayhad

The phantom is still a little pricey if you figure the gun is $500, the phantom kits are $110-185 US depending on what manufacturer you purchase.. I have the First factory phantom kit myself and I love it.... Now if I could just get the set screws to keep from backing out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kos View Post
I swear, I didn't find out about it till I got home from bangin' little miss rotten-crotch!
Jayhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2007, 10:43   #26
Jayhad

Quote:
Hey tunabreath, nvm I found the sniper set. I thought you said that ACTION was a company name:P. Its a pretty sweet set, I like it. Do you know off by heart if it fits the PSG-1 barrel? PSG-1 if I recall is 589 mm long which would be sweet in a full auto gun. Actually I just found that there is a 650mm PSG barrel! Dude I'm so going to try and put that in my gun! I'm still searching to find out what length of barrel I can fit in the sniper set, but if you know please post it.
you can fit the PSG +1 barrel in the phnatom kit I have one in mine all 650 mm. You will need some upgrades as just putting the 650mm in my aug caused a tonne of barrel suck, and yes the phantom kit will support the rail mounted gernade launcher. mine does no problem, Why wouldn't it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kos View Post
I swear, I didn't find out about it till I got home from bangin' little miss rotten-crotch!
Jayhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2007, 10:55   #27
G3SG1

Quote:
Originally posted by koflach
Hey, just a warning for you about the phantom kit. As big as it looks in the pictures, it feels even bigger. I had the kit on my Aug about 4 years ago and I don't think I ever actually used the long part of the barrel in a game as it just wasn't practical. The kit itself is awesome but just be fore warned, it is really long.
Ya I thought it did look a bit big, but I wasn't going to let that bother me to much. I'm like being a support unit, kinda right behind the front lines and infront of the snipers, so I don't have to move to fast. But thank for the heads up.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jayhad
you can fit the PSG +1 barrel in the phnatom kit I have one in mine all 650 mm. You will need some upgrades as just putting the 650mm in my aug caused a tonne of barrel suck, and yes the phantom kit will support the rail mounted gernade launcher. mine does no problem, Why wouldn't it?
Well I knew I could fit the smaller PSG barrel but thank for the info on the 650mm barrel. What kind of upgrades do you mean? Just like giving the mechbox more power? Piston, gears, spring, the normal?
Old January 2nd, 2007, 17:33   #28
Ace of Spades©

Quote:
Ya I thought it did look a bit big, but I wasn't going to let that bother me to much. I'm like being a support unit, kinda right behind the front lines and infront of the snipers, so I don't have to move to fast. But thank for the heads up.

Well I knew I could fit the smaller PSG barrel but thank for the info on the 650mm barrel. What kind of upgrades do you mean? Just like giving the mechbox more power? Piston, gears, spring, the normal?
Im pretty sure your going to need a Bore-Up kit if you want to slap a 650mm inner in your AUG. Any gun tech's want to clarify?

Quote:
My gun is like a Land Rover, when it works, its great. Problem is, its a Land Rover, so it never works...

Last edited by Ace of Spades©; January 2nd, 2007 at 17:35..
Ace of Spades© is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion