Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KSC Mark23 05' cycling problem.

:

Doctor's Corner

Old March 8th, 2006, 17:57   #1
IRONSIGHT

KSC Mark23 05' cycling problem.

I just purchased this pistol. I have an unusual problem. After the first shot the slide cycles but doesn't fire a BB. the next shot fires a BB but the slide doesn"t cycle. This happens for the first 8 - 10 BBs' and then the gun works fine.A friend of mine has a W.A. cougar that does the same thing and we have not been able to figure it out. I am using propane wich as I understand is the same as green gas. Please help! :???:
IRONSIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2006, 17:58   #2
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
How often do you guys oil your guns? Hate to say it often, but oil fixes 90% of the known and unknown GBB problems out there. Excluding broken parts of course.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2006, 15:52   #3
IRONSIGHT

The cougar was oiled alot. The SOCOM is fresh out of the box. Everything seems well lubed, the slide moves freely and it cycles fine if it's fired with out BBs' (holding the slide catch down). I noticed the slide return spring is the weakest I have ever seen. I used a heavier spring in it and it works a bit better but is still problematic with a fully loader magazine.
Old March 9th, 2006, 16:06   #4
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Ya, the KSC M23 is a sloppy feeling gun. The way you describe it is the way I have noticed a few things with. When you put the mag in, do you rack the slide first to chamber a BB? And one thing I noticed which is tres cool with a supressor on, you chamber a round, then drop the hammer and fire it double action (trigger pulls hammer back then releases it). Makes the BB come out quietly but doesn't cycle the slide, so yo uneed to repeat everything for the next shot. But if yo ufire single action, it cycles all the time if the gas was put in right. Funny your friend with the Cougar has the same problems. Almost sounds like you aren't holding the mag and propane bottle upside down as you should be.
Old March 9th, 2006, 16:16   #5
IRONSIGHT

We do gas them upside down. I'm thinking the problem might be the propane pressure, as it works fine after half a mag. I might be charging the mag too long (4-5 seconds). My TM Desert Eagle works great with propane and has not given me any problems other than the slide return spring has become sloppy. I will mess around with the socom tonight and see what less propane charging (1-2 seconds) does.
Old March 9th, 2006, 17:23   #6
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Good info to add. Sounds like you are over charging the mag with gas, and because the hammer spring isn't storng enough............. recall one hot day last year, a team mate came up to me with a problem with his G18C, it wasn't shooting at all. I asked him if there was still gas in it, he pressed on the button and a spray of gas came out, then he tried to show me what the gun wasn't doing when he shot. Gun cycled and shot fine after that. I tried my G19, same problem with two mags, so others on the field that I knew had Glocks I told, and one of them tried his, barely cycled the first couple shots, then went like clockwork. Sounds like if this is your problem, it's a good one for the books regarding GBB info. (BTW, I installed a stronger hammer spring in my G19 so I won't have to worry about the problem again.)
Old March 10th, 2006, 09:49   #7
IRONSIGHT

I greased the gun last night (the factory lubrication was not enough) and charged the mag for only two seconds. I still have the heavier spring in it. She now works great. A word of warning though. The de-cocking level is not as safe as on the real thing. If you let it down too fast the gun will fire! Thanks for the input.
Old March 10th, 2006, 09:57   #8
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Good stuff!
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner