Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TM mk23 socom leaky mag (top)

:

Doctor's Corner

Old December 23rd, 2005, 00:12   #1
Ph0_Eat3r

Send a message via MSN to Ph0_Eat3r
TM mk23 socom leaky mag (top)

ok so wen i fill my mag with gas right away i start hearing a sst..sst leaking noise from the top where the rubber is, has anyone had this problem or does anyone know how to fix this??
Ph0_Eat3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2005, 00:47   #2
JohnnyDo

Send a message via MSN to JohnnyDo
the tm mk23 mags have a built in *feature* of a gas presure release valve. if you use green gas or propane this valve can pop open and vent all your gas.

i have a word and pdf file that has a excelletn directions to fix the problem. BUT, my main rig is down with a blown video card. I hope to have it up and running on the inside of a week. if you want, e-mail me and I'll send you the documents when I can get them off my hard drive.

basics:

- punch out the two outside pins on the bottom of hte mag
- drill out remaining pin on the bottom of mag (5/16" I think size drill bit and drill down about 1/8" to clear the mag wall
- take bottom of mag out
- take out he valve
- sand the valve opening to roughen up the surface
- clean area with alcohol
- use 5 minute epoxy, drop in a bit int eh valve opening, put valve in, put more expoy in same location, put spring back in (becareful when you take bottom of mag out as this spring will jump out and you'll loose it) then put bottom of mag back into the mag body.
- wait 30 minutes
- take bottom of mag back out and clean mag insides really good with alcohol to get rid of dust, dirt, metal flakes from drilling and sanding, etc
- re lube the main seals with silicon oil
- reassemble mag
- never worry about this problem again

btw this is a very very common problem with these mags, so don't worry too much about it.

cheers
JohnnyDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2006, 13:33   #3
Ph0_Eat3r

Send a message via MSN to Ph0_Eat3r
alright so i did all of this the first time using sum kinda crazy glue from home depot waited 4 days for it to dry then i out the mag bak together it was still leaking from the top,

then i got crazy glue remover took it all out cleaned it up agian went to canadian tire and got 5 min epoxy did everything over again and it STILL leaks from the top i put the mag in water to check where it was coming from and it was fromt he opening where the gas shoots out

wat else could be wronG?
Ph0_Eat3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2006, 02:16   #4
JohnnyDo

Send a message via MSN to JohnnyDo
if it leaks from the part the gas comes "out" of the mag then it's the o-ring in the flow valve.. take out valve and lube with lithium grease (first clean old grease, hair, dust, rats, kids, moth balls, or toee jam and your good to go).
JohnnyDo is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner