Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

ICS barrel wobble.

:

Doctor's Corner

Old February 6th, 2006, 03:26   #1
stokes

ICS barrel wobble.

I have been experiencing this weird barrel wobble on my ICS m4a1. The connection between the outer barrel with the reciever (infront of the delta ring) is not extremely tight. The outer barrel wiggles slightly sideways. Does anyone have this problem? If so do you guys know a possible remedy that I may use to rectify the situation? Currently I am leaning towards welding the two pieces together.

I thought barral wobble for the ICS was non existence. This gun has proven this fact wrong!

Thanks alot for your help.

Kokanee has informed me of using a metal hose clamp. I just wanted to make sure if any other ICS user has recieved this problem?

Just to let everyone know the delta ring is tightly screwed it. Ive checked everything else, all the screws and other basic criterias but have found nothing loose or distorted.
stokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2006, 03:40   #2
Goldman

Send a message via MSN to Goldman
have you tried tightening the delta ring? most barrel wobble problems an be solved by tighening that ring.

My Buy/Sell 1337ness rating
Goldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2006, 03:41   #3
stokes

Yes I stated above that I have checked every single section of the gun. Sections that could have led to a barrel wobble.

Please keep in mind this is a new gun. Never been skimished yet.
Old February 6th, 2006, 08:40   #4
ert

If you haven't abused it there should be no wobble and if it is indeed unskirmished, then you should contact the retailer and try to return it.

My Old ASC Buy/Sell Rating
ert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2006, 15:02   #5
stokes

I dont think i can return it. As i have painted over it several times flat black.
Old February 6th, 2006, 16:07   #6
ze641

Yeah that will probably void any warranty that the gun had. Anyway, barrel wobble on the m4 is a common problem i have heard.
ze641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2006, 17:31   #7
Kid

The barrel wobble is said to be non existand on the ICS. I can confirm that. I suggest, personally, that you just take all the screws and such out of the barrel, totally take it off and apart, then put it all back together.

Usally, in the past... that solves things... or, if at best, you find the problem.
Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2006, 00:03   #8
stokes

Is there a way to tighten the 4 screws in front of the delta ring? The four screws that joins the outer barrel witht he body. Ive carefully examined it but i dont see any type of group grove that is able to hold any screw driver or allen key.
Old February 7th, 2006, 00:10   #9
mcguyver

They are Allen screws (metric) that hold the outer barrel together. They're located as you say in front of the delta ring. It's a small key (1.5 mm I think), but try that first. It should solve your side-to-side wobble.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2006, 00:11   #10
stokes

THanks MC! I'll try that right away!
***EDIT*** I hate to give the 4 "nuts" a light tap which made it go in even more. I believe this helped tighten it. So far it worked and I can see absolutely less wobble of the outer barrel.

Thanks all for your inquiry and help I really appreciate it!
Old February 7th, 2006, 00:45   #11
stokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver
They are Allen screws (metric) that hold the outer barrel together. They're located as you say in front of the delta ring. It's a small key (1.5 mm I think), but try that first. It should solve your side-to-side wobble.
Sorry mc they were the 4 nuts or watever b4 those ones. Did alittle tap on them and it worked.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner