Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KWA G19 Not firing

:

Doctor's Corner

Old January 31st, 2006, 14:17   #1
JamesBond_007

Send a message via MSN to JamesBond_007
KWA G19 Not firing

My KWA G19 isn't firing when I pull the trigger. The hammer seems to be hitting correctly but there's no gas coming out to cycle the gun or fire a shot. Every now and then I'll get a little 'pop' noise but nothing major. The mag is filled, correctly as well as it's not my first gun, but still nothing. I'm not sure what could be the problem. If anyone has any ideas help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Old Buy/Sell Ratings
JamesBond_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 14:31   #2
WhatTheWho

Remove the slide from your gun and inspect part#78. Pull the trigger and ease the hammer down. Part#78 it should protude out front the hammer assembly to hit the flow valve on the magazine. (Don't leave the magazine while you do this)
Old January 31st, 2006, 14:32   #3
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Sounds like some oil is required.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 15:24   #4
v82slo

Try the easy stuff first, but I had the same problem when part # 87 (hammer lockback) on my G19 broke. The hammer wouldn't lock all the way back (worked half way) and as a result the spring wasn't compressed enough to put pressure on the gas valve.

Try some lube and then start looking for broken pieces in the firing mechanism.
Old January 31st, 2006, 20:29   #5
JamesBond_007

I got it to fire, sort of. There was a screw loose in the back underside of the slide which I tightned and now it shoots. Only trouble is it will fire and the mag keeps releasing gas. Any thoughts?

Old Buy/Sell Ratings
Old January 31st, 2006, 20:55   #6
Greylocks

This may be a stupid question, but exactly HOW do you put the gas in the magazine? Did you read the information on how to do that? Not enough gas, or a bad method, would explain your problem.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 23:00   #7
JamesBond_007

Mag and Propane upside down, press in until it sprays out. Then wait until it's room temprature. As far as I know I've been doing it right. It's worked on my other guns anyway.

Old Buy/Sell Ratings
Old February 1st, 2006, 01:11   #8
WhatTheWho

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBond_007
I got it to fire, sort of. There was a screw loose in the back underside of the slide which I tightned and now it shoots. Only trouble is it will fire and the mag keeps releasing gas. Any thoughts?
By "keeps releasing gas" do you mean that you fire off just one shot and the magazine vents the gas?

And just a quick question; have you ever disassembled the blowback mechanism before?
Old February 1st, 2006, 06:16   #9
JamesBond_007

It vents all the gas in the sense that when I fire one shot it it will either, at a good pace vent all the gas after a shot, vent all the gas in a second or so, or not do anything.

About disassembling the blowback, I never have but I'm sure I could if I needed to.

Old Buy/Sell Ratings
Old February 1st, 2006, 08:30   #10
JamesBond_007

Something that my help with finding the problem is that when I fire the gun, there is a pop, followed by the slide coming back a cm of so and sticking. This and the venting gas happens every so often. Also, in the past I've noticed that sometimes the slide will cycle, but stick foreward, when I've finally managed to get it back again, the trigger isn't ready so the slide has to be cycled a few times to 'get the trigger back in line'. I say back in line because it almost seems as if the trigger moves slightly sideways. Thanks in advance guys!

Old Buy/Sell Ratings
Old February 1st, 2006, 09:06   #11
flack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBond_007
This screw get loose really fast!! every 2-3 mags on my G19... put some locktight on it cause one day youll get pwned during a game... :mrgreen:
flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 09:24   #12
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
You need to put oil in and around where the hammer is and in front of the hammer. Lots of moving parts in there that need regular lubing. The part that the hammer presses forward to the mag release valve is sticking. Remove the slide, put your mag in and take a look. Because that part sticks, it releases all the gas on the first shot. Common problem, seen it myself (where do you think I leanred about it?) and quite a few people have had the same problem on here, I tell them the info, they do it, fixed.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 09:54   #13
WhatTheWho

There's only a few things which can cause your slide to stick; either something is jamming your slide, or your blowback chamber assembly is messed.

First, solve the issue with the screw holding the blowback chamber to the slide. Tighten, or throw some locktite on it.

You should test if the hammer assembly is actually functioning properly so you can isolate the problem, as there seems to be a number of them with yours.

Just cock the hammer manually with the slide off, and pull the trigger. Ease the hammer down as to not let it smash into the hammer assembly frame.

And if you could, disassemble the blowback chamber for a quick check of the rocket valve and piston. Either one being misaligned can mess with your blowback.

Also, what recoil rod would you be using? Stock or upgraded?

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner