Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Adjusting TM g36c hopup

:

Doctor's Corner

Old December 1st, 2005, 22:54   #1
Insaniac

Adjusting TM g36c hopup

How would I go about setting the hopup to make sure the projectile is truly straight?

Also, when I empty a mag, and take the magazine out, there's a couple bb's that haven't shot out. Is this normal? Should i just discard them?
Insaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2005, 23:18   #2
mcguyver

pull back on the charging handle underneath the top rail. this opens up the ejection port where the hop adjustment is. turning big wheel upwards adds more hop, and turning wheel down reduces hop. if you change bb weights from .2 to .25 for example you will have to adjust the hop to compensate. you may have to fire a mag or 2 to get the hop just right. the bb should fly straight for about 100 feet. as far as bb's falling out that's normal and don't worry too much about it.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2005, 00:53   #3
Insaniac

Thanks. should I adjust the hop until it is what I feel is straight, IE, however I usually aim?

Also, the BB's coming out really is annoying :banghead:
Insaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2005, 01:05   #4
mcguyver

basically yes. you will see the bb's stay pretty consistant when you're hop is just right, but it may take a few mags and some time to get it just right. you can always try mags from a different manufacturer if it really bugs you, but i just accept is a fact of airsoft and just ignore them.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2005, 06:27   #5
Greylocks

The 2 or 3 BB falling out is normal; it's because they leave the magazine and are in line in the feeding tube. Just ignore/discard them.
I think I get what you're asking for the hopup... go outdoors in a safe place and shoot a few BBs. They should fly straight for the longest distance possible.
Near the end of their flight, they will either curve up or down. If they curve up too much, reduce the hopup. If they fall down too fast, increase the hopup.

Normally they will fly straight for a fair distance, then do a small curve up before falling down a bit further away. How long the straight line is depends on your gun, the upgrades, BB weight and the weather.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2005, 07:16   #6
tomsoderman

if you dont want to waste the last bbs you can flip your gun upside down and shoot them, but you better keep hop up all the way off when you do this
tomsoderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2005, 04:39   #7
bronney

Send a message via ICQ to bronney
Or you can cup them with your hand and either throw them to your enemy as frags, or put em back in your pocket for future use
Old December 8th, 2005, 07:22   #8
Sniper Steve

Send a message via MSN to Sniper Steve
What I do is I take some crappy tire BBs and I put two in and then I fill up a mag because I have access to CT BBs but I need to order "good" BBs. But if your just adjusting your hop-up then catch them in your hand.
Sniper Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2005, 09:05   #9
k2x5

Send a message via ICQ to k2x5 Send a message via MSN to k2x5
Heh, my Tm G36c won't even shoot crappy tire/Walmart BBs. They just sit there in the feed well... Guess that makes the 'Can I use crappy BBs in my gun' question rather obsolete... : :-D

Not to hijak the thread or anything... 8) But amd I right in assuming that if the BBs fly about 30 feet and then curve straight up and disappear that I have my hop set too high?
I recommend you wait until you're 18+, have a decent education, a good job, a home that isn't your parent's basement, a car, and enough expendable cash that you don't have to ask my advice on buying junk - by then you'll be old enough, wise enough (hopefully) and have enough cash to buy whatever you want regardless of the multitude of conflicting opinions you're going to get.
-------------------------------------------------
I'm Going To Live Forever... Or Die Trying!
-------------------------------------------------
Guns:
- TM Sig P226
- TM M4A1 w/ G&P Metal body
- TM G36c
k2x5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 13:46   #10
oueleric1

Send a message via MSN to oueleric1
If they disappear that is a problem with the space time continum...

Yes probably way to high just keep turning it down untill you get them to fly how you would like.
oueleric1 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner