Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Im a little confused, well a great amount confused!

:

Doctor's Corner

Old November 29th, 2005, 15:46   #1
Carvs

Send a message via AIM to Carvs Send a message via MSN to Carvs
Im a little confused, well a great amount confused!

Hey guys. I know and fully understand that Green Gas IS PROPANE!!! So no need to flame me on this. But, I have been reading the forum about I forget who but they are collecting data on GBB failures. Many/all people that have been using propane on their GBB has been broken but either slide malfunctions or internal failures. But, however the people that have been using Green Gas on their airsoft guns have had absolutely no problems with it. I know that they are the same thing but even so, the same guns, the same problems. I will be using propane by using the AI Propane adapter. I have nt yet bought my airsoft gun but I am planning to buy a KJW Beretta M9 (Silver, Full metal Edition) and have heard that one person was using propane and the back of his metal slide cracked! I know that some airsoft guns are lemons but this is infact a repetitive problem by using propane. So to sum it up, I would like to know, why do the guns malfunction under the influence of propane and not green gas becuase they are the exsact same thing!? And what should I use on the M9? Thanks...
P.S. Please do not flame.
Carvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2005, 18:15   #2
Avenging Angel

Maintaining your GBB has more of an effect on its life than whether you use green gas, propane or duster. I may be wrong but I was under the impression that the majority of "green gas" products have some sort of lubricantadditive to it. That in itself could help expand its life. However, I think that the more likely scenario is that you've just discovered a statistical anomaly. I don't think that there are enough constants in the data that has been provided so far, to truly draw a conclusion that GBB's last longer on green gas than propane.
Avenging Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2005, 18:21   #3
Luger

Send a message via MSN to Luger
Major difference between Green Gas and Propane is that Green Gas has Silicone (lubricant) in it. If someone uses Propane and doesn't properly lubricate the gun, that will cause problems.

I don't know if it would go as far as cracking a slide though.
Old November 29th, 2005, 18:25   #4
Mysteryfish

Also, consider the cost of running a gun on Green Gas:

- It's harder to get
- It's more expensive

The likelihood that you'd put nearly the volume of Green Gas through a GBB that you would with (readily available, very cheap) propane is HIGHLY unlikely...

Chances are, if you put the same number of shots on Green Gas through a gun as you did with properly lubricated propane, you'd get very similar results (time will tell though, I suppose)
Mysteryfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2005, 19:27   #5
MadMax
Delierious Designer of Dastardly Detonations

Location: in the dark recesses of some metal chip filled machine shop
It is the general impression that Japanese GBBs are designed to work only on HFC134a and not fuel propane or airsoft packaged propane (Green Gas).

However, GBBs in general aren't exactly reliable which is why I'm trying to collect usage data on failures as well as information on GBBs which haven't yet failed. The information on GBBs which haven't failed is useful as it puts failures in context. Having a huge list of failures and not having any idea of working GBBs in the market can paint an unfairly grim picture.

I ask about propane usage because I suspect that green gas usage in Canada has declined a fair bit. Still I'm interested in the history of GG use because a lot of GBBs have been run on it.

MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2005, 12:02   #6
Carvs

Send a message via AIM to Carvs Send a message via MSN to Carvs
Thanks for your replies. I guess the difference is that people with GBB's do not maintain their gun by using oil. To my understanding and knowlegde, if I put silicone oil it will keep my GBB running smoothly. Thanks, I appreciate it. I will be buying a AI propane adapter and silicone oil from AI soon.
Carvs is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner