Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Couple questions about G&P Magpul M4

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old October 28th, 2013, 11:12   #16
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

I don't think you understand how threads work.... you can't just run over them backwards and expect to have any threads left at all.
Take it from a machinist, rethreading things from RH to LH is an extremely bad idea
Almost every flash hider comes in both LH and RH anyway
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2013, 11:22   #17
K3vX

Isn't the Universal thread adapter from HS5?
https://sites.google.com/site/hsarmory/home/concepts

Well, it seems that each issues can be solved. The buffer tube seems to be the worst one, and it can be swapped, too.

Now, I don't plan on swapping anything for a while, but I love to know what I'm buying, before buying, and what I can do if I want to swap things.

If anyone have any other comments, feel free to tell

Thanks.
K3vX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2013, 11:38   #18
ccyg8774

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
I don't think you understand how threads work.... you can't just run over them backwards and expect to have any threads left at all.
Take it from a machinist, rethreading things from RH to LH is an extremely bad idea
Almost every flash hider comes in both LH and RH anyway
I was just looking for other possible works that my possible LH die can do (beyond what I plan to buy it for).
OK, this is clearly not one of them.

Last edited by ccyg8774; October 28th, 2013 at 11:43..
ccyg8774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2013, 12:04   #19
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

I'm going to be as forthcoming as I can be. Unless you have an extreme hard-on on the Magpul furniture, you might be better off going with a VFC gun to start with.

They now make the KAC SR series in tan.
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2013, 12:30   #20
K3vX

I haven't decided if I want it in TAN or BLACK. Thing is, for the G&P, I love the body, I love the trademarks, it has the stock I want, the handguard is good too. Also, judging from airsoftmechanics, the gearbox is good aside from the gears (which I have a spare set) and piston (mainly AOE). This means I can buy it, and run it without changing a single thing externally for a long time.

The G&P Magpul also comes with a PTS PMAG, which I plan to run, so that's a small but added bonus.

On the other side, while VFC's compatible out of the box, and is better out of the box, I would need to spend money to change the externals to where I want them (this can only mean the stock, depending on the model). They also are more expensive generally, unless I'm looking at the wrong retailer.

That doesn't mean I do not seriously look at the VFC, and that doesn't mean I dismiss your opinion. I'll look at it and really think about it, but I am pretty set on the G&P. I just love to know exactly where I'm going if I decide to change the externals in a year.

*** EDIT: I also first considered to get a King Arms (the version with the nice trademarks) and build the externals with the saved money, but I figured that in the end I spend nearly the same amount for a "lower end" rifle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
I'm going to be as forthcoming as I can be. Unless you have an extreme hard-on on the Magpul furniture, you might be better off going with a VFC gun to start with.

They now make the KAC SR series in tan.

Last edited by K3vX; October 28th, 2013 at 12:35..
Old October 28th, 2013, 12:38   #21
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Actually G&P's have been known to break gear shafts as soon as the first game. The gears are fine, it's the shafts that are horrible.
rule #1 of buying a G&P, shim the gears before you even test fire it if you want it to last more than a month

Anyway, nobody buys a G&P for the internals, it's got one of the toughest bodies. Used to be you'd buy a G&P and replace all the internals with systema/prometheus stuff because it was the best platform to upgrade. But that was years ago when people still did $400 upgrades lol
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2013, 17:23   #22
K3vX

True, the shafts. I'll still swap the gears, since I already have a set laying around here. I'll perform the basic things like shimming and AOE, too.

And yes, the G&P body is one reason I'm looking at this rifle.

(That's if I finally buy this one)
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion