Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KJW KP-07 1911 MEU pistol, TM mags?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old September 3rd, 2011, 11:08   #1
jeffmorton

KJW KP-07 1911 MEU pistol, TM mags?

I've read in various places that toyko marui magazines are better quality and less likely to leak for these pistols. I'm just wondering if anybody knows 100% for certain which magazine I would need for the 1911 MEU version. It's a KP-07 going by what KJW calls it, and I just recently found out after ordering the wrong mags that a regular 1911 mag won't work, they have to be the KP07 version mag.

So I guess what I'm asking in a rambling way is what TM mag fits a KJW KP07 pistol?
jeffmorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2011, 14:22   #2
fleuryfighter

Send a message via MSN to fleuryfighter
KJW are clones of TM so yes

I use tm hi-capa mags in my KJW hi-capa 5.1
Old September 3rd, 2011, 16:17   #3
DEATH2000

TM mags are better then KJW mags. My KJ P226 mag used to leak all the time, where as the TM ones dont. TM ones will fit in a KJ. A TM P226 mag needed to be sanded down to fit in a KJW P226, so the tollerances may be slightly different.
Old September 3rd, 2011, 19:09   #4
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Lol, neither of you answered his question.
Unfortunately I don't have an answer either.

Do you know why they don't fit? Is it the width or location of something or what?
What TM mags did you order?

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2011, 20:32   #5
jeffmorton

No I haven't received them yet. I ordered KJW 1911 mags from overseas, and then noticed they make an seperate mag for the 1911 MEU. I emailed the place and they told me they will not fit, and I would need the 1911 MEU mag instead. So i just figured if I have to re-order mags, I'd get TM ones since I've read they are better. However I'm not sure if a regular TM 1911 mag will fit or I'll need a specific one.

Maybe I'll just wait til they actually get here and see why they don't fit.
Old September 3rd, 2011, 20:53   #6
DEATH2000

That's my bad. Multitasking is difficult. A standard 1911 and an MEU are slightly different. If you have a KJ MEU a TM MEU mag should fit. A friend of mine had a KP-O7 and the mags looked identical to my M1911A1 but if I remember correctly the valve was in a different position.

If you have the KJ KP07 mag compare it to the 1911 mag. If the valve is in a different place then look at a picture of the TM MEU to compare the valve location. If they appear to match then you should be good to go. My friend doesn't have the KP07 *nymore so I can't help by looking at it myself. Sorry

Last edited by DEATH2000; September 3rd, 2011 at 20:55..
DEATH2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2011, 23:27   #7
Outcast569

Send a message via MSN to Outcast569
See thats odd to me. My roommate has the KJ 1911 MEU (KP-07), with its mags(KJ). I have a KJ 1911 with both KJ and TM mags. I swap mags between the guns all the time as every so often I run duals or have to toss him a spare. They both work. Out of the 13 mags him and I have there are about 5 TM 1911, 3 KJ 1911 the rest are the MEU mags.

Like I said for us they all work every time. In fact for us I find the MEU mags work a whole lot better. Could just be the batch we have though.
Old September 3rd, 2011, 23:38   #8
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmorton View Post
No I haven't received them yet. I ordered KJW 1911 mags from overseas, and then noticed they make an seperate mag for the 1911 MEU. I emailed the place and they told me they will not fit, and I would need the 1911 MEU mag instead. So i just figured if I have to re-order mags, I'd get TM ones since I've read they are better. However I'm not sure if a regular TM 1911 mag will fit or I'll need a specific one.

Maybe I'll just wait til they actually get here and see why they don't fit.
They're idiots. MEU mags are the same, they just have different bumpers/baseplates whether it be KJW or TM mags. You should be fine.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2011, 22:24   #9
jeffmorton

Well they showed up and it seems they are pretty much the same, except the baseplate as Styrak mentioned. Well, that and colour. Haven't fired them yet but they look identical function wise and fit the same so I guess they will work.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion