Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

ICS L85 vs others

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 22nd, 2011, 18:09   #1
Red62

ICS L85 vs others

Yeah, i was over at Pmall looking over guns again, but my question is this: asside from being able to change teh spring tension, what is different between the different L85s?
**Certified Tornado Tech**Will fix your guns for food and BBs**
Red62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2011, 18:27   #2
kalnaren

Army Armament L85 is very hit and miss on quality control. You may get an excellent one, you may get a lemon. I like the foregrip on it the best of them all though. Cost is cheap. Has a blowback function which is cool, but can break if you use too powerful a battery. A1 version. Easy to hit the mag release by accident if carrying by your side. Overall I though the body design on this one resembled the real L85 the most... but it's about it's only redeeming feature.

ICS one is very solid. Mine doesn't work though and no one can figure out why. Has a unique trigger box that engages instantly like a sear. Instant contact and no trigger corrosion. Very unique AEG, might be hard to work on if you don't know your way around AEGs.

G&G L85A1, from everything I've been told, is a piece of crap and avoid like the plague. Not sure if they improved the quality of the A2 version. Similar to the AAL85, easy to hit the mag release on the A1 version. Can't remember if this one has a blowback function or not. If it does it probably grenades itself like the AA version.

Haven't handled or games the ARES one. By all accounts it's a very solid piece of kit and is still the best L85 AEG on the market. Can change spring tension like the ICS one.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion