Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Echo 1 E90

:

Doctor's Corner

Old March 27th, 2010, 23:51   #1
Ripperman79

Angry Echo 1 E90

i having trouble with an Echo 1 e90 i pull the trigger to hear the motor click as if the battery was dead but i metered it and changed the battery and voltages, but still no,i noticed applying pressure helped once upon a time but now sometimes the clicking of the motor doesn't even occur, almost confirming that it's not the battery its self but a sort of resistance. i will hopefully have some pictures up in a few days, any help or suggestions welcomed

Last edited by Ripperman79; March 27th, 2010 at 23:54..
Ripperman79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 00:02   #2
kalnaren

Check the wiring from the battery to the motor (put a multimetre on the connector, and the other end on the motor lead, and pull the trigger). That will tell you if you're getting connectivity through the unit.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 00:05   #3
DarkAngel
* Age Verifier status suspended *

Send a message via MSN to DarkAngel
Before I get into the "I told you so." Theres a hundred threads on why not to get an Echo 1 P90 and why you should have sprung the extra 150-200$ to get a TM. Congratulations, you are thread number 101

As for your issue, you will have to give us more details. Set your multi meter to ohms, and check the resistance from your red motor wire to your red battery plug wire. When the trigger is pulled, it should be reading 0ohms. then check the black motor wire to your black battery wire, there should be 0ohms. Then set your multimeter to voltage and test your battery to ensure it is giving the correct voltage. Then pull out the motor from the cage, hook up the wires and the battery and test. When you pull the trigger, the motor should turn if not, your motor is fried, if it does turn then youve eliminated the electrical assembly completely. If that is the case, your mechbox is seized and needs to be dissassembled and unjammed or repaired depending on the cause.

This is how you troubleshoot electrical on an AEG.

Certified Sniper Clinic Instructor and Counter Sniper
Sentinel Arms Customs - Specializing In Unique, One of a kind guns

Last edited by DarkAngel; March 28th, 2010 at 00:09..
DarkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 00:11   #4
Ripperman79

all these are great ideas and i'm sure with this advice i should be able to solve the problem but people in my house hold are sleeping and with my luck it will magically work again but only to wake people up, but i will try it tomorrow because i do have a muti-meter, unfortunately i went on march brake and took these pictures when i was away at a game but left my camera behind but i will get a friend to email them to me
Old March 28th, 2010, 01:49   #5
Kos-Mos

There is a metal bar that links the trigger and mechbox. It bends sometimes in a TM, so it might bend easier in a clone.

To check, remove the mechbox and upper receiver. unclip from the trigger and remove. Try bending it a LITTLE (1-2mm at MOST) out (or unbending actually).

If it works better (or fires full auto when on semi), you bent it too much and that was the problem.

Also check for black powder-like substance on the copper plate just behind the trigger. If there is, then your contacts are oxidized. Need to clean/change them...
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 09:11   #6
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
Before I get into the "I told you so." Theres a hundred threads on why not to get an Echo 1 P90 and why you should have sprung the extra 150-200$ to get a TM. Congratulations, you are thread number 101
A Hundred threads?? I don't think so. The Echo1 P90 is generally a very good AEG for $300... especially considering a TM is about twice that amount. It's one of the few cheaper clones I'll actually defend.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
Old March 28th, 2010, 09:41   #7
Ripperman79

TM was just to expensive for so little advantages at the time i was just getting into airsoft and i thought it was a pretty god starter SMG or CQB airsoft
Old March 28th, 2010, 10:20   #8
DarkAngel
* Age Verifier status suspended *

Send a message via MSN to DarkAngel
Theres actually quite a few TM P90's ive seen for 400-500 bucks on the classifieds. Echo 1 build materials and tolerances are much worse than TM and their internals and QC is pretty shicey. Having to deburr the cylinder from brand new echo 1 guns out of the box for example, else it tears up your piston head Oring, etc etc.

Certified Sniper Clinic Instructor and Counter Sniper
Sentinel Arms Customs - Specializing In Unique, One of a kind guns
DarkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 12:51   #9
empty_mags

Not here to question your choice in gun, however I am going to question your choice of Avatar.
Did you ask Blastyman if you could use a picture of him, taken from our EAR pbase account from 2003?
http://www.pbase.com/edmonton_airsoft/image/30853123

*EDIT* - Thank you for changing it.

Last edited by empty_mags; March 28th, 2010 at 17:41.. Reason: Adding after he changed his avatar.
empty_mags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 17:27   #10
Ripperman79

Remember you trying to help me solve an issue not spend more then what was needed or wanted at the time..... it was a first gun for a freind of mine i was borrowing it and i had trouble with it so i let him know i was attempting to repair it.
Old March 28th, 2010, 21:46   #11
Ripperman79

Ok, so I took out the gearbox and I connected the battery and surely enough It worked fine, (told you it would work last night if I tried it when everyone was sleeping) with out any other work so happy and supprised I put it back together happly and squezed the trigger but I didn't even get that click as if I had low battery, I thinking something has to be jamming or sticking, maybe it's a problem with the way I inserted the gearbox , but the problem arose before the gun was ever taken apart so maybe it has something to do with the way I put the upper recevier back on but I still unsure. Oh and it's not that bar you mentioned I had origannaly thought it could of but it confirmed that it was not the case when I took the gearbox out and it still wouldn't fire but thanks. Remember I not disscuing how I should of bought a TM I really like the echo 1 and could care less, did you phyiscaly comepare? Well if you did I'm sure you'll find it's just about brand name. Any help / suggestions welcomed ( :

Last edited by Ripperman79; March 28th, 2010 at 21:52..
Old March 28th, 2010, 21:56   #12
kalnaren

Sounds like a problem with the trigger mechanism.

Quote:
Old March 28th, 2010, 22:19   #13
Ripperman79

I did think that but I remembered before when I shot myself in the leg thatyou can pull a (don't know what you call it) and It fires with saftey on and in any fire mode so no it's not the trigger mechanism. But good idea thanks ( I did double check that)
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner