Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

ACR Masada Mag Problem

:

Doctor's Corner

Old March 8th, 2010, 22:03   #1
Loathing

ACR Masada Mag Problem

Was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I've got an ACR Masada and when I try to use KA metal mag's with it, it won't feed the BB's into the hop up to be fired.

If I shoot the gun while holding the bottom of the mag, and pushing it up and into the mag well, it'll go in maybe a centimeter and it'll feed just fine.

This problem doesn't happen when using PMags they work great, so it's only standard metal mag's that do it.

Any idea's of how this could be fixed?
Loathing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2010, 23:47   #2
MrEvolution
MrChairsoft

I have this same problem with my G&P M4 and certain mags. I was told to shave off a part of the BB Retainer lip and it should work fine. I personally did not do it yet, but M102404 demonstrated it on one of my magazines which then worked perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrail25 View Post
I'm no expert on the law, but the only victims of rape in this story are the 40 men.
MrEvolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2010, 17:20   #3
chaosnemesis

Mag catch seats the mag too low. The hop-up doesn't push the retaining clip in the mag releasing the bbs. You can either tape (or glue a piece of plastic) the top of the mag catch or the top of the groove where the catch sits in. Shaving the mag lip will work if the lips are longer than the lip of the hop-up. But in this case the mags just aren't seated "in" enough for the hop-up lip to release the bbs.
chaosnemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2010, 22:19   #4
Loathing

From what I remember when I was testing it out over the weekend, it feels like the hop up wasn't pushing the retaining clip in all the way as you said. What would happen is:

Insert Mag
-the action of me sticking the mag in pops on BB into the chamber
-first BB fires, but the retaining clip isn't pushed in, so the following BB's can't make their way up

I've read about the lip not fitting/shaving it issue, but I think that would just not let the mag fit properly at all I guess. The ACR was made to take normal metal mags along with PMags so it shouldn't be an issue.

I guess I'll try to mess around with the mag catch or the other bit - or just order more PMags. =/
Old March 9th, 2010, 22:28   #5
chaosnemesis

Yeah I had the same problem with my G&P. Green label pmags would not seat in properly but the real pmags fed no problem. So I couldn't mod the mag catch because that'll affect the way the 120 rnd pmags catch. I had to add tape to each green label so it would sit in deeper. No issues so far.
chaosnemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2010, 22:38   #6
Loathing

Think that's what I'm probably going to try - the tape thing that is. Really don't want to start hacking or frankenstiening the rifle, plus picking up a few more PMags would be nice for the new rifle I'm getting.
Old March 9th, 2010, 22:38   #7
Conker

Never had any problem with my DBoys metal lowcaps, but I can't vouch for others, sorry.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2010, 23:15   #8
Danke

Take a shop knife and nip a mm off. the BB catch. That will release the BB's even when gravity pulls the mag down after it's seated.
Old March 10th, 2010, 06:45   #9
Loathing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Take a shop knife and nip a mm off. the BB catch. That will release the BB's even when gravity pulls the mag down after it's seated.
Will give that a try!
Old March 10th, 2010, 10:10   #10
Danke

If you picture the end of the hopup tube it's just brushing that catch. Seat the mag and the BBs feed but then gravity kicks in and it drops. This just lets is still feed when it's hanging low. If you have a hopup chamber that's not installed you can try things out and see where it's hanging up and how much to nip.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner