Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

MEU Issue with Trigger Pulls

:

Doctor's Corner

Old April 25th, 2010, 14:17   #1
teddybear

MEU Issue with Trigger Pulls

So i just picked up a new MEU a few wks back.

This past wk i got an upgraded spring set for it so i could run propane on it. I installed the hammer and recoil spring, but found the recoil was too heavy for it. So i put the stock recoil back on, left the upgraded hammer spring in.

I tried it out, and found that this was happening:
- pull trigger, bb shoots out, slide goes back, loads in a new bb. hammer is cocked, trigger is back at armed position
- pull trigger, and i hear a light "click", but no action. should also note that when i pull it back and it clicks, the trigger feels "rough", it doenst feel smooth like when it shoots.
- release trigger
- pull trigger again, and it shoots, slide goes back, loads in new bb. hammer is cocked, trigger back at armed position

So it's basically shooting every other time, and in between, it doenst seem to cock the hammer all the way back. so i put the stock hammer spring back on. and it doesnt do it as much, but it'll still do it every 6-10 shots. Does the same thing with duster or propane.

Any ideas? I'm guessing it could be either leaf spring of the sear, but i have no clue how to get to the sear.

Last edited by teddybear; April 25th, 2010 at 14:38..
teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2010, 14:24   #2
RacingManiac

I am going to guess its the disconnector issue. Which would make sense with a new stirrup. Its the part that sits on the right side of the frame that the top part rides on the bottom of the BBU. Take the slide off and take a look at it, it should poke out on the right side. When you press the trigger it should stay up. But if you imagine the slide being there, the groove on the BBU will push it down as it cycles, but when the slide return fully to battery, it should be up again. So if you press the trigge with the slide off, manually cock the hammer again, and press the disconnector and see if it springs up freely. If not then that is your problem.

The disconnector typically gets hang up under the sear, you can chamfer the underside of the sear(the edge thats towards the front of the gun), and also you can bend the right most leaf spring prong inward(again, towards the front), which will put more tension on the disconnector to push it up. This will make the trigger pull slightly heavier, but for me it makes the disconnector works more reliably.

Someone else asked this, I figure I cut and paste to see if this helps you...

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2010, 21:57   #3
juicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
[...] you can bend the right most leaf spring prong inward(again, towards the front), which will put more tension on the disconnector to push it up. This will make the trigger pull slightly heavier, but for me it makes the disconnector works more reliably. [...]
My thoughts exactly. I'm doing that to a Hi-Capa frame as I type this message, actually.
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2010, 10:47   #4
teddybear

Alright.. i'll give it a try and let you guys know. Thanks!
Old April 26th, 2010, 13:49   #5
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

RM's correct, I ran into this issue on an army MEU, you need to lubricate the hell out of it and I even had to increase the spring pressure on it
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2010, 15:14   #6
teddybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
RM's correct, I ran into this issue on an army MEU, you need to lubricate the hell out of it and I even had to increase the spring pressure on it
Lube the sear and leaf spring area?
Old April 26th, 2010, 18:43   #7
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Lube the sear, leaf springs don't need lube. But I did have to bend his to get more strength out of it
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2010, 20:05   #8
oDn

Giving the disconnector a good fine sanding helps a lot too. It basically allows it to pop back up more smoothly.
Did that on mine and fiddled the sear spring a little and it all works like a charm now
oDn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2010, 20:19   #9
teddybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
I am going to guess its the disconnector issue. Which would make sense with a new stirrup. Its the part that sits on the right side of the frame that the top part rides on the bottom of the BBU. Take the slide off and take a look at it, it should poke out on the right side. When you press the trigger it should stay up. But if you imagine the slide being there, the groove on the BBU will push it down as it cycles, but when the slide return fully to battery, it should be up again. So if you press the trigge with the slide off, manually cock the hammer again, and press the disconnector and see if it springs up freely. If not then that is your problem.

The disconnector typically gets hang up under the sear, you can chamfer the underside of the sear(the edge thats towards the front of the gun), and also you can bend the right most leaf spring prong inward(again, towards the front), which will put more tension on the disconnector to push it up. This will make the trigger pull slightly heavier, but for me it makes the disconnector works more reliably.

Someone else asked this, I figure I cut and paste to see if this helps you...
This was it. I just dropped the hammer onto my finger, and recocked the hammer. The little tab on the right does NOT spring up freely, and instead it does the light click.

I took it apart and had to bend the spring quite a bit before the disconnect would pop up on it's own. i must've taken it apart 12 times just now. But everything seems to be working, even with the shooters design 150% hammer spring!

Thanks everybody!!
Old April 26th, 2010, 21:36   #10
RacingManiac

Glad to be of help.....

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2010, 23:06   #11
teddybear

btw. it looked like the leaf spring had quite a bit of friction against the disconnect tab, so i lubed that up as well, it seemed to connect a bit more smoothly afterwards!
Old April 28th, 2010, 00:07   #12
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

I've seen this happen a couple of times. The easiest fix I've found is to just file a slight ramp in to the back of the sear so that the disconnector could slide up easier. The ramp just gives a bit more room.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner