:

Doctor's Corner

Old June 19th, 2005, 15:12   #1
dami

Send a message via MSN to dami
Steyr AUG civ/mil vs. TM H&K G36c/CA G36c

Hello everyone,
Which one would u suggest, a Steyr Aug Civ, but i have no I idea of upgrades,
or a G36c which I know is good and you can apply the sl conversion on it or something like it. Who would pay $510+tax CAD for a Civ Aug plus whatever upgrades to reach 350fps-400fps? Or $535+tax CAD for a Tokyo Marui Hecker and Koch G36c plus the upgrades?
I'm confused. Any of you airsofters can lay me a hand here, point me in the right direction? PM or send to dami117@hotmail.com
Thanks a bunch,
Danny
dami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2005, 18:16   #2
silent_lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dami
Hello everyone,
Which one would u suggest, a Steyr Aug Civ, but i have no I idea of upgrades,
or a G36c which I know is good and you can apply the sl conversion on it or something like it. Who would pay $510+tax CAD for a Civ Aug plus whatever upgrades to reach 350fps-400fps? Or $535+tax CAD for a Tokyo Marui Hecker and Koch G36c plus the upgrades?
I'm confused. Any of you airsofters can lay me a hand here, point me in the right direction? PM or send to dami117@hotmail.com
Thanks a bunch,
Danny
Before I answer your questions personally, try the FAQs at hte top of the page.

1. g36c vs. aug. depends which aethetically you like the feel of, which one is most attractive, which are you going to find most comfortable slinging, etc. Buying an airsoft gun isnt like buying a car, there arent nearly as many variables to look at, hmm this miata has more horsepower than this civic, but this civic has better mileage. NO such thing when comparing these particular two guns, and most of the AEG class of Tokyo Marui's lineup.

2. they all cost the same, 515, 535, it's teh same thing in airsoft. It's an expensive sport, so youll have to come to grips with that right now.

3. concerning upgrades.. check the FAQs, go to a game, ask around, all you NEED* is a heavier spring and bushings to make the gun somewhat mechanically sound. As long as you dont play in super cold weather and you dont abuse a high FPS gun, 400 is high anyways, then you should be ok. NONETHELESS, a stock gun will last forever. If you have never played before, and youre just getting into the sport, i would strongly recommend playing with a stock gun first. It isnt exactly playing with a handicap, but youll see what you need in regards to upgrades as you play. Ask around at a game for someone who will do upgrades for you, price quoted of course most of hte time.
* you dont need upgrades!!!

4. read the FAQs.

5. dont say you did.

6. you didnt.

for example, I had(have) a G36c, stock, was a great medium sized gun. I then bought an AK47s for the purpose of sniping, turned it into a semi auto AEG sniper rifle.(SVD) the G36c was sported with a RAS, smokeys heavy duty m60 bipod, cheekpad, custom electric winding boxmag, and another few hundred in internal upgrades, tac handle and a different rail. The total is now way way over a grand. Youre in for a surprise if youre planning to 'upgrade' your gun in any fashion other than simple internal upgrades. No matter which gun you pick, making an aug a phantom, making a g36c an MG36 like mine, making an ak47s an svd dragunov, theyre all going to be hella expensive, just pick what you like best as stock, and move up from there, IMO.

all my opinion. dont flak me because i spent 12 minutes typing my ass off for noobs sake.
silent_lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2005, 20:56   #3
Oz

Send a message via MSN to Oz
As well as reading the FAQ's read which section your posting in... this is "Doctor's Corner" where people come to get help with malfunctioning guns... the section this should be posted in is "Airsoft Gun Descussion"

As for which gun to get, go with which ever one looks better to you, you'll be happier in the end

Finally you asked who would pay $510/535 + tax for a specific gun?
- Tax should be included in the website's listed price (if not its probably not somebody you should be buying from)
- I'm about to spend ~$350 for a stock for my M4 and that is one of many $200+ parts goin into this project, and thats just one of my guns... Airsoft is worse than crack
Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2005, 23:44   #4
Duckman

go by feel and look preferances. the aug will out range the 36 cus of longer inner barrel but 36 is easier to wield with the folding stock. unless i'm forgetting soemthing...those are the major differances i've found in mine. (i have both)

go out to a game and beg some people to let you MOOOOOOOOOlest theirs so you can get a feel and decide for yourself. molesting them is ultimately what helps you decide....at least it does for me.

oh oh oh.....aug is ALOT heavier than the 36 especially in the rear end. but i find it helps the wielding of it...kinda like holding a bat by the fat end.

and it is worse than crack...there's quite a few guys out there with 5 digit collections when you add it all up....and we dont think twice about adding to that total. :cheers:
Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2005, 00:13   #5
silent_lemon

yea...but dont go by stock gun performance as your deciding factor, a short stubby p90, with light modification can outrange any other gun...no BS attached. other than a long ass silencer and long inner barrel being hidden to boot....but just go on feel and looks.. might i suggest an ak47? sturdy mofo and very nicely balanced...anyhow, ask around at a game, touch and feel, go nuts.
Old June 21st, 2005, 00:23   #6
Duckman

oh forgot to add that the aug mags are alot easier to manage in terms of storing on your rig. the 36 mags tend to snag on pockets cus of the interlocking clips. it's manageable but takes practice and configuring your mag pockets right.

aug mags just slide in and out nice and easy since they're all round and smooth and stuffs.
Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2005, 09:54   #7
dami

Thanks all for your amaizing answers.
I think I'll go for an aug civ, up to now I only considered the g36. I had an M4 R.I.S NIB and threw it away for a G3SG1 upgraded(170 spring bushings) but used, then all problems started to jump in, piston was worned out, got a new one, then it would not shoot at all. Fixed that too. All STRESS.
Thank all,
Danny
Old June 21st, 2005, 11:15   #8
silent_lemon

Quote:
I think I'll go for an aug civ, up to now I only considered the g36. I had an M4 R.I.S NIB and threw it away for a G3SG1 upgraded(170 spring bushings) but used, then all problems started to jump in, piston was worned out, got a new one, then it would not shoot at all. Fixed that too. All STRESS.
Thank all,
Danny

was that, that infamous "caulk" g3 sg1 going around on these boards? :banghead: :lol:
Old July 10th, 2005, 11:04   #9
dami

you think this is funny?
Old July 10th, 2005, 11:05   #10
dami

referring to silent_lemonade reply!!!
Old July 10th, 2005, 11:06   #11
dami

cuz i don't!
Old July 10th, 2005, 11:58   #12
silent_lemon

i actually do

use the edit button

that's waht it's there for

dont buy shitty guns.

and 3 posts in a row is a little excessive...
Old July 10th, 2005, 12:05   #13
BC_K
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent_lemon
Quote:
Thank all,
Danny

was that, that infamous "caulk" g3 sg1 going around on these boards? :banghead: :lol:
Sound's like the G3SG1 I sold, It was pretty friggin picky. It had a 170 spring & bushings as well. Dami was the inner barrel brass or a grey colour? :lol:
BC_K is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner