Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

G&G M416-s Problem.

:

Doctor's Corner

Old November 4th, 2009, 16:50   #1
Niceinkbrap

G&G M416-s Problem.

So i receive my G&G M416-s from Buyairsoft.ca today. Charged the battery, put it in the gun, popped in the mag and it fires fine until after about 300 bb's. It started making this high pitched grinding noise and didn't fire at all. Even if I hold down the trigger in semi the gun will still make that noise and not until I let go. Why did it start doing this and is there a way to fix it without opening up the gun?? ( This is my first gun, I have no idea how to open it up or do anything)
Niceinkbrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 16:56   #2
audi_bhoy

I'm taking a guess, but it sounds like the motor's gear is spinning free, so the gun doesn't cycle and that's why it would spin forever even in semi, as it is the cycle that cuts the power to the motor. Did you try playing with the bolt located into the pistol grip?! This bolt adjusts the motor's height into the gearbox.

EDIT: I don't think blocked BBs in the barrel should make your gun do this, but did you try passing the unjamming rod anyway?
audi_bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 17:13   #3
Niceinkbrap

I Looked in the manual and it says that, only trouble is finding a screwdriver to fit in the grip. I will post if it works or not. Thanks for the help so far.
Old November 4th, 2009, 17:23   #4
theguy

If adjusting your motor hight doesn't work, return it.

Seriously, G&Gs from buyairsoft come with a 30 day warranty, right?

Chinese proverb
theguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 17:29   #5
Niceinkbrap

Ya it didn't work. I guess ill have to return it. Ill try playing with the motor a little more. Thanks for the help.
Old November 4th, 2009, 17:31   #6
theguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceinkbrap View Post
Ya it didn't work. I guess ill have to return it. Ill try playing with the motor a little more. Thanks for the help.
Odds are its an easy fix, but as soon as you open up your box to try and fix it, you warranty will be voided.

Unless you feel really lucky, or feel like you suddenly want to learn a lot about airsoft internals, returning it would probably be the safest route

Chinese proverb
theguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 17:48   #7
incrediboy729

Send a message via AIM to incrediboy729 Send a message via Yahoo to incrediboy729
That is what it sounds like to me also. Even if the gears were turning, in semi they would still get shut off after 1 cycle, not keep spinning. So most likely the gears are not moving, and it is something with your motor height. You can try taking out the 2 screws (not the one in the middle) and that will get your motor out. Idk how if this will void your warranty though. It is a very simple process however.
Either motor height or a stripped gear (other than the sector gear). That would cause the grinding and the fact that it just keeps going in semi. Those are the 2 most possible problems

Or of course a bb is jammed resulting in the nozzle and tapplet plate not being able to move, and maybe that stripped a gear? Even then, the tapplet plate should snap, not the gears. Or maybe a piece of that broken plate got stuck in the gears.
Did you have any feeding issues before this happened (as in pulling the trigger and the gun making a cycle, but no bb comes out)?

Last edited by incrediboy729; November 4th, 2009 at 17:53..
incrediboy729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 18:04   #8
Niceinkbrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by incrediboy729 View Post
That is what it sounds like to me also. Even if the gears were turning, in semi they would still get shut off after 1 cycle, not keep spinning. So most likely the gears are not moving, and it is something with your motor height. You can try taking out the 2 screws (not the one in the middle) and that will get your motor out. Idk how if this will void your warranty though. It is a very simple process however.
Either motor height or a stripped gear (other than the sector gear). That would cause the grinding and the fact that it just keeps going in semi. Those are the 2 most possible problems

Or of course a bb is jammed resulting in the nozzle and tapplet plate not being able to move, and maybe that stripped a gear? Even then, the tapplet plate should snap, not the gears. Or maybe a piece of that broken plate got stuck in the gears.
Did you have any feeding issues before this happened (as in pulling the trigger and the gun making a cycle, but no bb comes out)?

The last couple times I pulled the trigger no bb came out. Maybe thats the problem.
Old November 4th, 2009, 18:07   #9
incrediboy729

Send a message via AIM to incrediboy729 Send a message via Yahoo to incrediboy729
How did it sound in those last couple of shots? Grindy? did you hear a snap?
Old November 4th, 2009, 19:39   #10
Niceinkbrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by incrediboy729 View Post
How did it sound in those last couple of shots? Grindy? did you hear a snap?
I didnt hear a snap and I wasnt really paying enough attention to the noise of the gun. I was just looking to see if bb's were coming out, which none were.
Old November 4th, 2009, 21:59   #11
Boomshakah

Have you winded or refilled the High cap ? May sound stupid, but happened to a friend of mine.
*You want that real glock? sure fill out this form and wait a while... what? you want that BB gun? ummm... sorry... no, but seriously this real one... what? well yah you could play airsoft with it but don't expect to have any replayability out of the other team.*
Boomshakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 22:08   #12
audi_bhoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomshakah View Post
Have you winded or refilled the High cap ? May sound stupid, but happened to a friend of mine.

That ain't bad, but the motor keeps spinning even in semi-mode, so the problem seems to be more about the gearbox cycling. I'm not bashing you here, it could have been a good thing to check !!
audi_bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2009, 10:50   #13
Niceinkbrap

Well i just got sent an email from Buyairsoft saying that there either gonna have me ship it back to them or help me fix it myself. If I ship it back to them ill probly get my a new flash hider (mine came broken) So theres a bonus!
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner