gun doc needed

:

Doctor's Corner

Old October 27th, 2009, 21:11   #1
gpassfield11

Send a message via MSN to gpassfield11
gun doc needed

I've got a JG V2 mechbox.

I tried replacing the piston & spring and now nothing works....can't get a full cycle out of the mechbox.

Anyone willing to accept the lower, mechbox, motor & grip as a shipment for proper alignment/fixing?

PM me with info & prices please
gpassfield11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2009, 13:52   #2
pistola99

Question gun doc needed in Dartmouth, NS

i have an DPMS M4 with some problems, gun wouldnt fire full in full auto mode. I sent the gun back to where i purchaced it and the owner of the shop was able to fix it. GREAT!! The next thing i know even before i emptied a mag the gun starts acting up again, doing the same thing. single fire in auto mode.
so i decided to dissmantle the lower reciever.

the mechbox is not dismantled. all i took out was the motor itself and checked the selector plate to see if they were warn out the motor runs great out of the box but as i install it for the hundredth time it seems to be bound up, wondering why the gears wont move at all. could it just be a shim problem

I dont want to do a total dissmantle of the mechbox but im afraid i might have to.

Is there any EASY TO UNDERSTAND "STEP BY STEP" teardown diagrams that are easy for a mechbox newbie
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP
pistola99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2009, 14:01   #3
Crunchmeister

www.mechbox.com. That's the best there is online right now.

There can be multiple reasons for the box binding, from incorrect shimming, to the piston not having been installed into the 'rails' properly to the motor being set too high.
Old October 29th, 2009, 14:12   #4
voorhees -FWA-

Send a message via MSN to voorhees -FWA-
Yes it sounds like a shim problem.

The main problem with shimming is just putting the halves together checking the shim and it seems fine, but when you get it shimmed the way it should and you put it all together with the screws the halves are tighter than just putting the halves together to check the shim.
The easiest way to remedy this is to re-shim by taking out the smallest shim from each gear, put the halves together with nothing else except the gears with all the screws and use a small tool to rotate the bevel gear forward and backward a full turn or two. After that, take it all down again, grease everything that could move in the box... all the gears, the bushings, the tappet plate where it slides, the piston head, inside the cylinder, the cylinder head, the anti-reverse latch, everything that moves. Guys will tell you to use your grease liberally, but the less time you spend out of the gear box the better, use enough to last you a long time – but still don’t over-grease it. You have to also remember that the spur gear shouldn’t be very high off the gear box, just enough to freely spin. If it’s set too high off the gear box, the bevel gear and the pinion gear on the motor will have bad contact and make whining sounds.
I had the same problem with my ICS M4, I replaced the stock gears with Element 300% torque up gears and after shimming it and putting it together – it would be fine for about 50 shots or so then it would bind. I decided after this headache that the above described procedure was best.
I hope this helped.
voorhees -FWA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2009, 14:58   #5
Copcarman

Send a message via AIM to Copcarman Send a message via MSN to Copcarman
I had the same problem when I upgraded the bushings & spring in my TM V3.
The shimming was off at first, then my battery was dying. After a quick adjustment in the shims(at least one per gear per side), and a battery recharge, the gun was firing fine.
Scream = sniper. Stays still = very clever sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman
What Happens in the field, Stays in the field!
Copcarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 08:02   #6
pistola99

took the mech box apart.. and it was the spring guide i was having all the problems with. it was a plastic part, broken right where my "stock mounting screw" attaches. So, i grabbed some "ultra mega super glue" glued the peice back together, and yes the gun worked great for "2" shots lol. the spring guide did snap again and the gun was jammed once more. gonna buy a metal one from evike.com if i cant find one here.
To think about it it's not rocket science to deal with internals just as long as you take your time and not get too frustrated with it, if that happens, take a breather, a smash o' beer and have at'er again you'll gett'r done.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 11:59   #7
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
I sell V2 bearing spring guides, and I'm in Canada.

Not to mention you should never buy from Evike, EVER!

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 09:30   #8
pistola99

Internet sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
I sell V2 bearing spring guides, and I'm in Canada.

Not to mention you should never buy from Evike, EVER!
I was told that buying from evike is good but purchacing weapons is a no no, wont go through customs, but there parts menu is available to the general public in canada. not saying your not a good retailer. what is your shipping rates to NOVA SCOTIA. if your cheaper i would like to keep my purchaces in canada, less of an american paper trail. lol
thank you for your advice.
Old November 8th, 2009, 10:20   #9
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Canada Post shipping rates would be much cheaper than UPS, which I'm pretty sure Evike uses, as well as getting brokerage fees, taxes....and Evike usually charges insane shipping charges, as well as having REALLY bad customer service for Canadians.

PM me if you're interested.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner