Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

CA-25 or G&G-25 which one should I get?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 31st, 2013, 23:41   #1

CA-25 or G&G-25 which one should I get?

Hi ya'll.
I've noticed that few years ago the CA-25 were the same price as G&G-25 but now the CA-25 is dropped to $279.99 and G&G-25 is $419.99 on airsplat. Anyone had experience with both guns can tell me the differences between these two sniper rifle? I already preordered CA-25 but they don't have ETA and it's been 4 weeks. I kinda can't awaiting longer. if the G&G-25 is really worst the money and CA-25 is sucks big time. I might consider to spend more money for G&G-25.
304608377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2013, 23:45   #2
Spike
Privateer Airsoft

The CA has a nicer receiver... but the G&G has nicer internals. It uses a V2 gearbox instead of the V2.5 like the CA does, so parts are easier to get for it, usually.

On the flip side, the V2.5 gearbox has an elongated cylinder set which means more air which means it can push out heavier BBs more efficiently.

My teammate had a CA25 and it never really shot all that nice. There's 2 G&G's on the team as well and they both perform fantastically while being completely stock.
Old August 31st, 2013, 23:54   #3
Swattiger

Owned a CA25, serious air leak right out of the box which resulted in terribly short range. Spent a lot of money to get a gun doctor to fix it, but still shoot below 400FPS. And the gun doctor said it was garbage. Finally sold it only after one game.

Very very disappointed.

I did not have the G&G 25, but have their FNC, M14EBR, shoots hard and straight, good range in stock form. Very pleased with my purchase.

Last edited by Swattiger; September 10th, 2013 at 06:04..
Swattiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2013, 00:01   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swattiger View Post
Owned a CA25, serious air leak right out of the box which resulted in terribly short range. Spend a lot of money to get a gun doctor to fix it, but still shoot below 400FPS. And the gun doctor said it was garbage. Finally sold it only after one game.

Very very disappointed.

I did not have the G&G 25, but have their FNC, M14EBR, shoots hard and straight, good range in stock form. Very pleased with my purchase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
The CA has a nicer receiver... but the G&G has nicer internals. It uses a V2 gearbox instead of the V2.5 like the CA does, so parts are easier to get for it, usually.

On the flip side, the V2.5 gearbox has an elongated cylinder set which means more air which means it can push out heavier BBs more efficiently.

My teammate had a CA25 and it never really shot all that nice. There's 2 G&G's on the team as well and they both perform fantastically while being completely stock.
I don't play airsoft games because of my area. I just play airsoft gun at backyard for target shooting for fun sometimes. most of time I display them.

Last edited by 304608377; September 1st, 2013 at 00:20..
Old September 4th, 2013, 23:27   #5
mrfister
AV Revoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swattiger View Post
Owned a CA25, serious air leak right out of the box which resulted in terribly short range. Spend a lot of money to get a gun doctor to fix it, but still shoot below 400FPS. And the gun doctor said it was garbage. Finally sold it only after one game.

Very very disappointed.

how long ago was that? I heard that CA went to inland china to save money, guns where crap, and a year or two ago moved back to hong kong and the quality has come back up. not sure as I don't live there but that is just a rumour I read
Old September 5th, 2013, 01:37   #6
ccyg8774

Looking for V2.5 parts is a pain.
Old September 5th, 2013, 07:25   #7
sab567

Go with the G&G GR25.
I have mine, work so good, I easilly upgrade it like any V2 gearbox, pretty good air seal. I use a M110 spring and shoot 410fps stedy.
I bought it 2 years ago, and never I'll change or sale it for sure!
Old September 5th, 2013, 08:32   #8
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Doesn't the V2.5 take a proprietary CA piston? That alone would kill the deal for me
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2013, 09:55   #9
j_march

I sold sab567 his and I later bought one, a g&g and I'm impressed with the externals, I haven't fielded it yet, I will once I get a scope. But the reviews on it were awesome.
Old September 10th, 2013, 01:55   #10
Caelum

The CA uses a few proprietary parts in the V2.5 gearbox.
Parts like the sector gear, tappet plate, piston, cylinder, fire selector and loading nozzle are all different from a standard V2. The spring is also longer, but standard AEG springs work as well.

Last edited by Caelum; September 10th, 2013 at 22:34..
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2013, 22:10   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfister View Post
how long ago was that? I heard that CA went to inland china to save money, guns where crap, and a year or two ago moved back to hong kong and the quality has come back up. not sure as I don't live there but that is just a rumour I read
lol, I haven't get any classic army guns since I found ca-25 is now 279.99.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion