Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

C8 Conversion

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old July 8th, 2012, 20:27   #1
jomor

C8 Conversion

Okay I have an ICS M4. I want to convert it to a Canadian weapon. Where can I find a body with Canadian markings to replace the M&P body? Plus I know that the LE stock and forgrip are green. I can paint them, but does anyone make them in green so I don't have to paint?
Thanks in Advance for your help.
jomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 21:47   #2
jomor

looks

So 19 people looked and not one comment?
Old July 8th, 2012, 22:38   #3
L473ncy

@OP: The rear stock on the C8's are actually CAR-15 stocks, slight difference but still if you want to be accurate you'll have to find a CAR 15 stock.
Old July 8th, 2012, 23:03   #4
jomor

C7

Sorry I have to admit to being an impatient guy when it comes to my hobbies.
Okay so the Car 15 stock shouldn't be a problem. I see that toronto airsoft have G&P Canadian variants. It's sad really that I'm not up on my Canadian weapons. I'm more into European weapons HK etc. But I really want to put together a Canadian load out. So I really donot care if I do a C7 or aC8 just which ever one gets me there with the least amount of work.
Old July 8th, 2012, 23:08   #5
jomor

C8

Well as close as I can without spending thousands of dollars. Who make a blank M4 body that would work? Or can I just buy a complete M4 with a blank body to get me started? Do Canadians use ris fronts or just the ribbed tube style?
Old July 8th, 2012, 23:31   #6
jomor

C8

Thanks for the list. I have just found photos of what I would like to accomplish. I copied this image form another thread I hope that Jon doesnt mind
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1280_C8SFW-01[1].jpg (138.9 KB, 810 views)
Old July 8th, 2012, 23:34   #7
jomor

C8

I would like to start fresh with this, ie a new gun. So I need to find a new M4 with no trades a Ris front the PEQ box. The only thing I have is the Elcan.
Old July 8th, 2012, 23:41   #8
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomor View Post
Thanks for the list. I have just found photos of what I would like to accomplish. I copied this image form another thread I hope that Jon doesnt mind

one thing i will say about the image is that we have long since ditched the thermold mags.
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 23:41   #9
jomor

WE

No WE for me. I want to stay AEG for sure. I didn't knwo that you can have the body reiingraved? Would that thin the metal of the body down?
Old July 8th, 2012, 23:44   #10
jomor

Mags

I know about the mags, thanks for heads up anyway. Okay guys, I'm no noobb, but I have to ask a noobite question. What brand of M4 would buy that comes close to what I'm looking for. I know that I will have to go looking for a Car 15 stock old version with rubber but. But what basic gun would you buy?
Old July 8th, 2012, 23:54   #11
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomor View Post
I know about the mags, thanks for heads up anyway. Okay guys, I'm no noobb, but I have to ask a noobite question. What brand of M4 would buy that comes close to what I'm looking for. I know that I will have to go looking for a Car 15 stock old version with rubber but. But what basic gun would you buy?
since you'd be essentially doing external work i'd start with something with a good internal base, King arms, and G&P come to mind
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 11:34   #12
Basic-Wedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Synergy View Post
WE just came out with an AEG... I'm getting laser engraving done, which is just surface etching. The idea is you strip off the initial powder coating and it's as good as a blank reciever (Blank would be best, but not always available)
Okay, so once you've stripped off the original powder coat finish, what do you replace it with? Paint?

Basic-Wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 13:26   #13
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I thought TM compatible lowers would not fit ICS uppers? Are there blank ICS lowers?

as for this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic-Wedge View Post
Okay, so once you've stripped off the original powder coat finish, what do you replace it with? Paint?
I thought I read somewhere else that people have had their receivers re-powdercoated.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 14:09   #14
Rob101

Im doing a c7 conversion on my we gbb where can i get the od stock, pistol grip, and stock?
Rob101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 18:34   #15
jomor

LOL

You guys have all the same questions I have! I think once the upper coat taken off, the ingraving is done and the gun will put back to black. They souldnt give you back a bare metal body??
The lack of parts for Canadian stuff is more than a little frustrating. I have checked UN company, Ehobby, Airsoft parts etc. Its getting the dam stock. The other bits can all be spray painted the green, Krylon.
Check the list that was posted on this thread for the parts list.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion