Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

SRC M-16 Questions

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old March 30th, 2011, 23:36   #1
CrazyCanuckles

SRC M-16 Questions

Hi all! My name is Karl, I'm 19 years old, in the process of getting age verified, read the rules sticky, yadda yadda yadda.

Before I unload all my questions into this thread I would like to state that I have used the oh so wonderful search bar on the forum and I have read up on the 4 or something threads on the SRC M-16, however it has left some questions unanswered. Hence, why I am posting right now.

So being eager and new to the sport and having no access to the classified sections on the forum (yet) I have resulted to going on craigslist and kijiji in order to look for airsoft guns. As you may have guessed I stumbled upon an SRC M-16. Here are some questions I am hoping to have answered:

1. What are your opinions on the gun itself? Now I know in the previous four or something threads regarding the SRC there we opinions. However, I would like current up to date opinions from anyone who may have owned one/heard something about one, etc.

2.The person that is selling the gun has set a firm price of $300, is this a fair price for what he claims to be a 7 month old gun?

3. I'm 5'8 and my research on this particular gun has revealed that it is longer than other guns (duh m16 :P). Will the gun length be correlated to any aspect of my height at all?

4. If I wanted to do upgrades to this gun,is there a wide range of selection/ a large market for such upgrades?

5. Are you/ have you ever kissed a girl, and did you like it?... I apologize that one just slipped out.

6. I was hoping to get an M4 (full metal body) for around $300, are there any such guns being advertised in the classifieds?

7. I am planning to go to Army Issue in Mississauga (Ontario) to browse for possibly a new airsoft rifle/ get age verified. Does anyone have any experiences with the store? Good? bad? And yes I am quite aware that the owner of the store is a member on the forum but everyone on this forum is entitled to an opinion, right? I hope? :P

Lastly, since I'll be going to Army Issue to browse the products if the owner/ forum member happens to be at the store could I possibly have him look at my ID/take my name down for the next AV batch, or is there a strict appointment rule. :P

Thank you all for your help! Look forward to hearing/playing with you folks in the near future.
CrazyCanuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2011, 23:40   #2
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
1. SRC are OK guns. Not the best, not the worst.
2. Is it a full metal? If so then yes it's an alright price. If it's a plastic version, I would say no if it's a used gun.
3. I'm 6'2" and use a short AKS74U. It doesn't matter much.
4. They're TM clones, so there's a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE market of parts. (sounds like you didn't research very thoroughly)
5. No I only kiss boys.
6. You might be able to get a used one for that. New full metal M4's usually start around $320 or $350.
7. N/A because I've never been there.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2011, 23:50   #3
Eldin

7. Army Issue is a fantastic store, been there quite a few times over the years, the service is great, selection is great, prices are great and owner is a great guy; I highly recommend him.

And yes, he does AV on the spot.
Eldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2011, 23:51   #4
CrazyCanuckles

Thanks for the quick reply. The gun does appear to be the metal version (I wouldn't even think about buying a plastic gun for $300 or any amount of money to be honest :P). Also, I do apologize I did not research the various upgrades available for the gun since I'm just focused on buying a gun right now, I just wanted a general idea of if there was a possibility to upgrade, your answer hit it right on the nose. Thanks again!
Old March 30th, 2011, 23:55   #5
CrazyCanuckles

Thanks for the info Eldin! I'll go check it out tomorrow. Also, the gun aforementioned is apparently the C7 version (C7 trades on the gun whatever that means). Are there any advantages or disadvantages associated with the C7 model?
Old March 31st, 2011, 00:12   #6
Styrak

Is this the one on Toronto Craigslist?
Sounds like it is and if so, no it's not full metal.

Last edited by Styrak; March 31st, 2011 at 00:14..
Old March 31st, 2011, 00:19   #7
HKGhost

I'm sorry to say but, SRC are not great when it comes to replacing parts or upgrading. They tend to be a bit picky with parts. I've worked on a few and they all were hard to upgrade. They are suppose to be TM compatible but somethings just doesn't fit, or when it does fit, it doesn't work. Wait to get AV'ed they buy something from the classified.

Custom Build | Upgrades | Repairs | Maintenance
HKGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2011, 00:43   #8
CrazyCanuckles

It is indeed the one from Toronto Craigslist, the moderate research I've done on the SRC indicates that it's a hybrid mix of metal and nylon plastic parts.

Thanks for the clarification HK, it seems as though I'm going to wait a bit. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be one step closer to being AV'd. Or hey maybe something will fit the budget at Army Issue. As a former mil-sim paintballer

I really do have to say that airsoft guns seem allot more complicated and there's just a bunch of brands, it makes it hard on a newbie. In the end I just want to get out and play :P got my Marpat gear from pb all ready to go!
Old March 31st, 2011, 00:54   #9
Styrak

After you get AV'd you have access to a bajillion and a half guns (no joke, quite nearly eleventy billion). The only limit is what you have in your wallet.

Old March 31st, 2011, 01:07   #10
CrazyCanuckles

Well that only makes my itchy mouse finger even itchier! I wanna go internet shopping! Thank you all who have responded so far.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion