Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

JG M16 Mechbox problem

:

Doctor's Corner

Old October 24th, 2009, 14:36   #1
Prince Rory

JG M16 Mechbox problem

Hello, I was prompted to change the spring in my JG M16, not knowing how I went to mechbox.com and followed the video instructions closely
I felt pretty confidant while working inside thanks to the video and I eventually put all the peices and gears back where they needed to be in the mechbox along with the new spring. After putting it back in the lower reciever and connecting the motor and battery I tried it and it seems I didnt time the gears properly, the motor was just running, I took it back apart and reset them properly then learned that I had not properly seated the motor in the grip and then did it properly, but now when I pulled the trigger, it did absolutly nothing.
Taking it all apart and just trying to get the motor working wont work at all, no sound, no movement, whats going on?
Will post pics if requested.
Prince Rory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 01:53   #2
ybrik

It could be shimming issues. Please post pictures.

5.56x45mm + m27 = M249(SAW)
ybrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 11:51   #3
NVC

In Mechbox.com the video tells you to pull only gears in the mechbox by itself and close the the shell and spin the gears with your fingers to check the gear movement and shimming. If your shims are good, I would check to make sure your trigger assembly spring is install right. I had the same problem as you when I pull the trigger there was no firing. My trigger contacts were burnt up and arching because the previous owner put a shit load of grease inside the mechbox. I cleaned the plastic trigger switch assembly contacts with brake cleaner to get rid of the grease and that fixed my problem. Hope that helps you out.

Custom Kydex Holsters - pm me for details
NVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 12:09   #4
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
NO SUCH THING AS GEAR TIMING.

You may have raised the motor too high, to adjust motor height you tighten the screw as much as possible then incrementally loosen it (lowering motor) till the gears make the quietest sound when spinning.

Also to make sure that it is the gears and or motor hight, take out the motor, connect the wires to it, pull the trigger (with a battery installed of course). If the motor spins it's not anything electrical, and it is either gears(shimming or damaged gears, or something stuck between 2) or motor height.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner