Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Alert!! Requesting help from all gas gun doctors

:

Doctor's Corner

Old January 29th, 2010, 00:00   #1
chaosrealm93

Alert!! Requesting help from all gas gun doctors

hello all, im having a major problem with my GBB. please watch the video and see if theres anything i can fix or replace to get my gun to function properly again. thanks all! =)

YouTube- KJW KP-05 Problem PLEASE HELP!!
chaosrealm93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2010, 00:11   #2
juicy

Your hammer appears to be caught on your BBU ("metal block"). Simple fix: lube the fuck out of it. More work: polish up the contact points (hammer, and point where hammer hits BBU). This happened to me and my WE/Socom Gear and I just polished the hammer and BBU until it didn't do that.

The loading nozzle return spring only works as a spring if you keep your rear sight on there, bud. Yup, you need that.

As to your loading nozzle (red thing) should be fine if it seems stuck forward often (just as long as its not venting gas all over the place, you should be fine). You may have overlubed your loading nozzle, and thus you would have an excess build-up of grit and grime and grease in between your loading nozzle and BBU - thus inhibiting the free movement of the loading nozzle. If you know how to take your GBB down into all the little bits, I'd advise you to do this and give everything a good cleaning, then apply a light layer of lube to the contact points. If you don't know how to do this - don't try it without finding some sort of video guide or picture guide first. Ensure you keep track of all the little bits and pieces, as a lost bit will essentially make your GBB a semi-expensive paper weight. But then again, its a KJW you have - they're cheap GBB's, so who really cares? It'd be a great way to learn about your GBB internals and how they work (if your mind works that way - my WE taught me the basics of complete disassembly/reassembly for the TM Hi-Capa systems I have and any future ones I may get).
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2010, 00:14   #3
chaosrealm93

thanks for the information. i'll try what you said and see if i need any further support! =)
Old January 29th, 2010, 00:18   #4
juicy

Your best bet would be to post in ILLusion's Hi-Capa FAQ thread, if you need further help.

Hammers getting stuck on BBU's are extremely common with the clones out there, from what I understand - and this will even happen occasionally with TM's/custom builds as well. Learn your GBB vocab (or part numbers, perhaps), and this will greatly help your search-tool abilities (i.e. instead of searching "hammer getting stuck between red thing and block" you could now search "hammer getting stuck on BBU"). By the way, BBU stands for blowback unit.
Old January 29th, 2010, 00:21   #5
StrikeFreedom

I have the same gun and had the same issue of the slide getting stuck with the hammer. I simply took the slide out and filed down the "metal block" (right behind blow back unit) where it makes contact with the hammer. It works fine now.
StrikeFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2010, 01:25   #6
Kos-Mos

1st. you will damage and bend the nozzle return spring if you keep shooting without the rear sight.

2nd. you just have to either slope the top of the hammer a bit more (I did it on mine) and/or slope the rear part of the BBU where is hits.

Mine was doing the same thing when it was new, so I have to smooth things out. After re-shaping the hammer top and cycling the gun a few hundred times, it works like a charm.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2010, 01:33   #7
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

You don't need to fily down the BBU. You just have to file down the hammer so it's smooth. If that doesn't work, then you work on the BBU.
Another reason is your rear sight is missing. The rear sight holds the spring in, and keeps the BBU stable.

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2010, 02:07   #8
juicy

I think the points have been made that the rear sight needs to be reinstalled, and that the hammer needs to be smoothed down a bunch. If the OP is anything like me, he'll have already jumped right on those ideas from the get-go and is likely rapidly filing away right now.

... just saying...
Old January 29th, 2010, 03:09   #9
Love
formerly Lythinca

Location: You know that Home Depot on King st? Yeah, no where near there.
Send a message via AIM to Love Send a message via MSN to Love
They're simply restating due to the fact that the OP may want multiple opinions. After all, he is asking a forum rather than just one person.

Loadout 1:
Yugoslavian M76/Maadi RML Alternative (Kraken)
CYMA Glock 18C

Loadout 2:
TM MP5 w/ flashlight
CYMA Glock 18C

Both Loadouts have Marpat Uniform, PASGT Helmet w/ Flecktarn, and Flecktarn chest rig.
Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2010, 03:21   #10
juicy

Fair enough! Didn't mean to sound self-righteous or anything like that, but upon reading your post and re-reading my message - I did. Oops, sorry...
Old February 1st, 2010, 16:52   #11
chaosrealm93

thank you all for your fast responses! here is an update on the progress of me fixing the gun. (i still have one question...) =S

YouTube- KJW KP-05 Fix Update Feb.1.2010
Old February 1st, 2010, 17:38   #12
juicy

Hmm, interesting. I don't think I've had that happen to me before...

No - wait, I have. Your bottle of propane may be running low (thanks for the advice to me from... uhh... someone on ASC?). Pick up a new one (they're cheap if that turns out to be not the problem anyway) and try filling your mags with the fresh bottle of propane.
Old February 1st, 2010, 17:44   #13
StrikeFreedom

Like I said I had this exact problem of the slide getting stuck at the hammer. You need to file the metal block down even more, because right now it's high enough to not get stuck, but still a little low so it pulls the hammer up on the way back.
StrikeFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2010, 20:32   #14
chaosrealm93

@ juicy, no, its not the propane...

YouTube- KJW KP-05 Problem (no, its not the propane...)
Old February 1st, 2010, 20:48   #15
juicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrealm93 View Post
Potentially, you could have a very leaky mag (though you might not be able to detect the leak by listening for one). Try dunking the freshly charged magazine into a container of water, and watch for any bubbles forming. These would indicate that your mag is leaking. Note the place where the bubbles are coming from - this can be fixed. KJW mags are basically guaranteed to develop leaks, by the way. If your mag is leaking badly (or your propane tank not doing a proper job of charging the mags with gas - the hissing sound doesn't necessarily mean that the mags are getting any gas. Besides, I've developed a collection of a dozen or so practically empty propane bottles, which all make liquid noises when you shake them; yet every single one does not properly charge up a magazine for normal operation of a gas blowback system), you may not have enough gas to blow the slide back all the way, and thus not cock the hammer properly. Come to think of it, your slide lock was engaging if you weren't holding the slide lock down... so that can't be the issue. Meh - try StrikeFreedom's solution, if you haven't already.

I don't necessarily agree with this solution, as that is quite irreversible if you screw up - if that's even possible. However, its worth a try.

Regardless, having a KJW that needs work is an excellent way of getting to understand how a Marui-compatible Hi-Capa works. It is cheap enough that it is replaceable if something goes horribly wrong - and Hi-Capa's are common enough that you can use a broken KJW for spare parts. Of course, do try to fix it, first.

Edit: also, the sporadic firing in your video doesn't indicate a problem with partially filled magazines, IMO. So, I'm very likely wrong on that one.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner