Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

tm mk23 fill valves

:

Doctor's Corner

Old February 9th, 2010, 05:26   #1
Dart

tm mk23 fill valves

me again!
my buddy recently bought a nbb tm mk23 off asc and when it arrived two of the mags are leaking out of the fill valve. *funny that he was told they did not and that the gun was a gbb... but thats for another time.*

so now i am charged with fixing these. but the ... peron... before him obviously tried to fix them once already and destroyed the "slot" on the valve. anyone have any idea how to remove these now?

also where can i source out some replacement valves if i cannot resurect these with some new orings or a oil bath. thanks in advance.
Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2010, 20:16   #2
six4

Send a message via MSN to six4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart View Post
me again!
my buddy recently bought a nbb tm mk23 off asc and when it arrived two of the mags are leaking out of the fill valve. *funny that he was told they did not and that the gun was a gbb... but thats for another time.*

so now i am charged with fixing these. but the ... peron... before him obviously tried to fix them once already and destroyed the "slot" on the valve. anyone have any idea how to remove these now?

also where can i source out some replacement valves if i cannot resurect these with some new orings or a oil bath. thanks in advance.
No idea on how to fix the fill valves,if the mags are that far gone the best bet and least amout of headaches would be to purchase new ones.
six4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2010, 20:23   #3
Amos

Try tightening them.

TM mags don't normally require alot to fix 'em.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2010, 20:31   #4
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart View Post
me again!

Are you 100% sure it's the fill valve? near the fill valve is an overpressure valve that is a common issue with the TM Mk23 mags when running propane.

Getting to that valve is a bitch, 2 normal pins to be removed is easy, but theres a third pin that only goes halfway. I drilled it out. After which I think you're supposed to remove the overpressure valve and fill it with epoxy....

Don't quote me on that, I read a tutorial somewhere on how to fix it, but when I attempted it, it didn't go 100% well.

PM Sha Do, I think he's fixed quite a few TM Mk.23 mags

Last edited by Daiviet; February 9th, 2010 at 20:33..
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2010, 23:14   #5
Dart

i assume that fix has already been done on these mags as the pins have been drilled out. It does feel like its coming from the valve... maybe taking the bottom plate off is the best solution or do a water leak test *watch for bubbles*.

If it is indeed the HPV will it "release" around the fill valve? If not where will the gas come out of?
Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner