Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Facepalm situation

:

Doctor's Corner

Old April 12th, 2010, 09:10   #1
GBear

Send a message via MSN to GBear
Facepalm situation

I can't believe I was this stupid. Well, here's the story. I just recently received my first gun, a VFC SCAR-L. A few days ago, for anyone that has one of these babies, the little ring brace thing that fits on the pin used to hold the stock cushion in place fell out. So I took the pin out, and put it in the wrong way! I then fitted the brace back in. It was late at night so I guess I was delusional. Now, the pin won't come out. I tried hammering away at it, pulling it with some needle nosed pliers (and ended up scratching the paint away from the pin, so I am really pissed right now), etc. I'm going to try WD 40 then hammering away at it again. Anyone else have any ideas? :banghead:

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayce View Post
I wish I could upload a few gameplay videos of me on Alliance of Valiant Arms for you guys to compare to.

I am not familiar with airsoft.

What my question is, does the element of surprise work on a typical airsoft match?
GBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2010, 09:26   #2
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBear View Post
I can't believe I was this stupid. Well, here's the story. I just recently received my first gun, a VFC SCAR-L. A few days ago, for anyone that has one of these babies, the little ring brace thing that fits on the pin used to hold the stock cushion in place fell out. So I took the pin out, and put it in the wrong way! I then fitted the brace back in. It was late at night so I guess I was delusional. Now, the pin won't come out. I tried hammering away at it, pulling it with some needle nosed pliers (and ended up scratching the paint away from the pin, so I am really pissed right now), etc. I'm going to try WD 40 then hammering away at it again. Anyone else have any ideas? :banghead:

Thanks.
Keep at it, don't hammer too hard.

And don't work yourself up too much over a scratch. It's gonna take a hell of a lot more of a beating anyways, so don't fret.
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2010, 09:30   #3
GBear

Okay thanks. Do you think WD40 may damage anything there? I do not think so, but just to make sure.

Quote:
I wish I could upload a few gameplay videos of me on Alliance of Valiant Arms for you guys to compare to.

What my question is, does the element of surprise work on a typical airsoft match?
Old April 12th, 2010, 09:43   #4
Mitchell12
vision impaired

I'd try it on the plastic somewhere it can't be seen. Maybe on the inside of the stock or something. That's generally what you do when your unsure of chemicals on a material.
Mitchell12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2010, 09:55   #5
GBear

Well, I can't really try it on the inside of the stock because it's sealed off by the pin lol.

Quote:

Old April 12th, 2010, 17:40   #6
GBear

Update: Success! At first, I was hammering with a pair of pliers and a stapler. Today, I used a real hammer along with a screw and it worked! Haha, I was too lazy to get a real hammer last night. :P

Quote:

Old April 12th, 2010, 18:37   #7
fi3re

Send a message via MSN to fi3re
sick glad to hear it worked out. airsoft guns always require patience....took me a good 4 hours to reassemble a glock =.=

anyways how do you like the VFC scar? sorry for hijacking...but was it you who commented on my thread about the scar vs M4?
I hear really great things about it but Id just like to hear from alot of people as its quite a bit of money...

Vincent
fi3re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2010, 18:42   #8
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi3re View Post
sick glad to hear it worked out. airsoft guns always require patience....took me a good 4 hours to reassemble a glock =.=

anyways how do you like the VFC scar? sorry for hijacking...but was it you who commented on my thread about the scar vs M4?
I hear really great things about it but Id just like to hear from alot of people as its quite a bit of money...

Vincent

VFC scar is good. This is coming from the guy who he asked all his questions, which came to this verdict. lol.
Old April 12th, 2010, 19:41   #9
GBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi3re View Post

Vincent
I don't remember. Maybe it was me. But yeah, I basically spammed Daiviet's PM inbox 24/7 about the SCAR. I have to tell you, it is one sexy gun. I mean, I've made some people envy me for having it already and it hasn't even been put in action yet!

Quote:

Old April 12th, 2010, 20:05   #10
Powerofair

Lol, Nik told me your SCAR is pretty good. I can't wait to see it for myself
Powerofair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2010, 09:47   #11
GBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerofair View Post
Lol, Nik told me your SCAR is pretty good. I can't wait to see it for myself
You WILL bow down in awe and admiration!

Quote:

Old April 13th, 2010, 10:44   #12
CJay

Re: Facepalm situation

Grabbed one myself and it's a work of art hehe. Although I've already replaced the gearbox etc mainly because I cant refuse an upgrade but even out the box it was outranging the PTWs I was playing against. Well worth the money imho.
Old April 13th, 2010, 10:46   #13
GBear

What types of upgrades did you put into it? Also, I was wonder if I can just buy and strap on a suppressor. I've heard that I would need a longer inner barrel before I can put a suppressor on it.

Quote:

Old April 13th, 2010, 10:56   #14
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBear View Post
What types of upgrades did you put into it? Also, I was wonder if I can just buy and strap on a suppressor. I've heard that I would need a longer inner barrel before I can put a suppressor on it.
nonono.

you can put a suppressor on it and it'll be fine, it will actually suppress the noise a bit.

Usually guys use suppressors to hide the longer inner barrel they've installed. Looks fine that way, but doesn't contribute much to noise reduction.

Also, my piece of advice, Don't upgrade anything until something breaks.

The easiest way to break your new gun is to start fiddling with it.
Old April 13th, 2010, 11:05   #15
GBear

Ah okay. Yeah, right now, I just want to gather up some equipment first. Then put some money into the aesthetics of the gun such as the suppressor and such. My cheap $37 EOTECH clone should be coming soon too. Just bought 3 Magpul PMAGs also.

Quote:

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner