Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WE 1911 broken mag release

:

Doctor's Corner

Old May 19th, 2009, 02:53   #1
Kookamater

WE 1911 broken mag release

My little darling of a WE 1911 has seen reason to break its mag release in half, likely because of the cruddy pot metal it's made of. I need to get it replaced, but seeing as how WE parts are about as common as a brain cell in Paris Hilton's head, I'm left with a dilemma. Are there any parts from other brands, such as TM, that are compatible with my WE 1911?

Possible replacement piece: http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...l?prodID=24100

Culprit in question:

Help is greatly appreciated, as always.
Kookamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 19:01   #2
Kookamater

Little bump. I really like my 1911 despite it being a WE and could use whatever help or experience people have with it. Thank you.
Kookamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2009, 22:03   #3
HeadlessChicken

I'd hate to necro this but have you found a solution?

I had this happen to me about a month ago just as I had sold it. The buyer managed to get his hands on a TM mag catch but had to modify it to fit. Problem now is that the WE mags won't fit, the grooves on the mag don't line up with the mag catch but I'm assuming a TM1911 mag could fit. I bought 1 such mag to see if it works but have yet to try till we can match schedules.
"Hey I'm the first one to say its a great country but its a straaaaange culture. This is a place where gun store owners are given a list of stolen credit cards but not a list of CRIMINALS and MANIACS. And now they're thinking of banning toy guns...AND THEY'RE GONNA KEEP THE F**KING REAL ONES!"
-George Carlin 1937 - 2008 (RIP buddy)
HeadlessChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 15:52   #4
Mart83
Loves Justin Bieber

epoxy?
Mart83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 19:53   #5
HeadlessChicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mart83 View Post
epoxy?
Tried that, the cheap pot metal won't hold or it would break at another point.
"Hey I'm the first one to say its a great country but its a straaaaange culture. This is a place where gun store owners are given a list of stolen credit cards but not a list of CRIMINALS and MANIACS. And now they're thinking of banning toy guns...AND THEY'RE GONNA KEEP THE F**KING REAL ONES!"
-George Carlin 1937 - 2008 (RIP buddy)
HeadlessChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 03:35   #6
juicy

Hey, old post I know. I just wanted to add my 2 cents, even though I'm looking for a list of WE M1911 compatible parts (namely loading nozzle) as my WE is having feeding issues, i.e. it won't load via blow back unless I cock the gun on my own. If anyone has ideas on what the heck is going on, pm me. Or maybe I just need a new propane tank...

If you have a dremel (I do), you can go purchase a real steel mag catch - the dimensions FIT the WE 1911... But you have to dremel the (left in your picture) side of the catch in order for WE mags to fit. Sometimes, it can be a tight squeeze, but its sort of trial and error until you've removed enough metal from the real steel catch until you get a working solution.

I would show you a picture, but there's no way I'm going to even attempt to fit my mag catch back in there once I've removed it. Its not the prettiest solution, but it works (minus a sliver of scratched-up-ness on every single one of my magazines, but that's my laziness for you). Oh, and make sure you order an extended button if yours is not a standard M1911 catch. I didn't and I got stuck with a button that is inset too far for my small-ish hands to reach - thus I shoot my 1911 left handed now.

One more thing, order the catch, spring and release (the thing we have been calling the "catch", i.e. the big thing that broke on your 1911, as well as mine.

But regardless, you could order a Tokyo Marui mag release as well. Just that you'd have to do modifications on it anyway, and I was too lazy to order a tiny part from Hong Kong, so I just settled for working with a real steel part.

I guess the bottom line is: sell your WE, unless you want to hunker down and work on it for a few hours (I just happen to be the type who loves to take guns apart and figure out how everything works on the inside). Good luck, and PM or email me if you need any further help!
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner