Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

CA SCAR-L Mechbox/Selector Gear matchup

:

Doctor's Corner

Old September 8th, 2009, 13:38   #1
XtenZ

CA SCAR-L Mechbox/Selector Gear matchup

Classic Army SCAR-L c.q.c

There seems to be a wealth of information available on what parts should be replaced and how to disassemble the CA SCAR. What I do not find is the assembley of the SCAR, in particular, placing the mechbox back and matching the selector gears (preferably without breaking the gear axle..oops, now mine is not ambidextrous).

To remove the mechbox I followed online instuction of

1. Disengagie left gear and set selector switch to the 6 o'clock position & the right switch to safety.

2. Disengage gears and remove mechbox. This was actually easier than expressed online as there is a *sweet spot. Patience works.

3. Upgrades/Clean/Lubricate/Assemble mechbox.

4. Move selector plate to Safety

5. Insert Mechbox into receiver.

6. Headache. Selector switch position does not directly coincide with the business end. In other words. Selector set to Saftey but still action on the trigger. Tip of selector gear axle broken right gear slipped off.../grumble

7. Remove mechbox (following steps 1 & 2) and then prior to slipping mechbox back in I move left selector switch to Saftey.

8. Insert Mechbox once again. This time the Selector switch and plate almost synced.

Question is, am I doing this right?

I am very comfortable with this gun with the exception of syncing the selector gears/switch/plate. I have also had this gun apart to the very screw and have found that there are several screws missing and that the outer barrel is about 2mm too long for proper retention. But that is a project for me some other time.

Thanks for your input, and yes, a Gun Doc may have not made the same mistakes as I but I am one of those people that must know how everything works...hehe.

***I guess I answered my own question about syncing the fire selector gear/switch/plate. In step one I pried and disengaged the gears by moving the switch to the 6 o'clock position..I guess I could just reverse that step and adjust a bit at a time. Would this be correct?

Last edited by XtenZ; September 8th, 2009 at 14:00.. Reason: ***Added possible resolve at bottom
XtenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner